RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Okay, I'm a sucker and will post my Honda setup online @ Steam -- but that just means that folks like Glenn, Kevin and you will take my setup and be faster than I could possibly be.... And the Aliens will be here with afterburners, I just dipped a hair below 2:19 with a full load of race fuel. Heaven help us! We need some Men In Black.

As if we would take all your hard work .... and then be faster than you....oh have some faith in your fellow racers Michael:D

Okay, took my race setup out for a couple of races against the AI @ 105% -- made a few minor adjustments and it is now up"Stream" -- Honda 2007. It should be pretty tame, so throw your usual "quick" adjustments to it and get comfortable. If you tweak it so it's looser, just remember what may happen after your 2-tire stop....

Okay, I'm a sucker and will post my Honda setup online @ Steam -- but that just means that folks like Glenn, Kevin and you will take my setup and be faster than I could possibly be.... And the Aliens will be here with afterburners, I just dipped a hair below 2:19 with a full load of race fuel. Heaven help us! We need some Men In Black.

If I finish ahead of you, I'll donate my winnings to your ATCC sponsors.

Was looking forward to these cars on this track but was an unenjoyable race for me.

Qualified near the back of the pack. Warm up gave me some hope but unsure if people were pushing their cars to the limit.

Race 1, pedals slipped in first turn and I ran off course to avoid hitting someone. Caught up to the back of the pack only to be smoke screened by someone for the remainder of the race, destroying any view of the track and killing my FPS. Not sure why Eric N who was in the pit (possibly afk) didn't ask him to move to the back of the pack or the person who was smoking didn't take it upon themselves to do so.

Race 2, car was performing horrible and not turning for anything, no idea what the problem was.

Congrats on the victories, Keith. Glad someone eclipsed 1:16, knew it wouldn't be me. I was fairly quick in practice, where I usually run 100-105%, but was so-so in Qualifying where I run 95-98%. Wasn't that quick in race, where I usually run 92-95% (if I feel confident in my setup and skills).

In Race 1. I was stuck behind the water spraying Edgar car and couldn't see my braking spots-- made a couple of mistakes due to this, and actually caused someone (haven't looked at the replays) to tag my rear as I messed up on the curbing. Unfortunately for them, they felt it was their mistake (guess he wasn't on TeamSpeak) and he followed the Golden Rule allowing me to regain my position. It was all my fault and I am sorry it affected your race.

Race 2, I was in 93% mode due to my miscues in Race 1 and didn't feel confident to press too hard, though when the pressure was on (first from Glenn who was pushing hard --- was that my setup, Glenn? -- and then from Rafael) I tried to notch it up to 95% and managed to salvage a 4th place (as Tyler was on a terror and couldn't be denied). I only managed a fastest of 1:17.519 during the race, which was 6th fastest (with everyone faster in 1:16's -- oh and Keith's 1:15.932!).

Had a blast, but someone should have "black-flagged" the fog machine <G>.

Michaelyou were real quick here, the 1:15 mark was near impossile to hit. But by some stroke of luck on the last lap of race 2 I pulled off a 1:15.9.

In r2 I got a clean start into t1 and I believe had moved up to 5th or 4th, and was into 3rd by the end of lap 1 thanks to a little room left by MC (Michael you shouldve battled you were fast).

Thanks arc staff and rd.

See you all tonite

Thx for the event!
Well the first quarter was very bad for me. The start goe quite well but blew up the fast corner at the middle of the track, and gone offroad. Rejoined last and started going up the ladder. But that did not went easy. If somebody lost control before me or braked much earlier than me, I was always at the wrong place. I didn't come out of these situations well. Contact-spin-loosing time.
Andrew: sorry for the contacts, but I didn't expected you to brake that early, I had no place to avoid contact.
At one of these contacts even the front suspension was damaged. After this the car was quite twitchy. I had to live with that for the next 70 mins.
the rest of the race was mostly lapping alone.The only fun part was after Dubravko lapped me. I chased him for a few laps until I could keep up.:rolleyes:

Finished 10th. Not that bad...

Qualification went bad for me, since I made a mistake and lost 3 seconds. I didn't know what superpole was, and now I know that you only have one try. I'll be more careful next time.

Race 1 was a disaster. I started 12th and gained 4 position in the first turns, but ran into Michal Szabo in T7 (sorry mate:frown:). Just after that turn, when accelerating, he began to spin to the right so I went left, but suddenly he began to spin in the opposite direction and I couldn't avoid him.

Race 2 was a lot better. Started 16th and was very careful in the first lap, avoiding lot of potential accidents if I have been faster. I spun in T1 on lap 2 because I braked very hard to avoid contact with Jim McGee, that had spun. I nearly hit Ronny Rooij in the process, but I recovered and managed to make some fast laps and some overtaking. Finished 7th.

This is one of the best tracks that we race on...we should have a full grid of touring cars.....what is everyone doing that they can,t be here.... it better involve girls or you guys have some explaining to do.:D

It';s MEMORIAL DAY weekend here in the USA! Rememebering those who fought and died for our freedom to say what you want, when you want.............

So I say EMBRACE the freedoms you have! And excercise your right to RACE! LOL

OK it's time for me to actually install the track and get some work in............

I spent a bit of time last night looking through old race threads because there was an event here a while back pre-atcc that had 22 entries which was a record for a us event at the time. I could not fnd it though, but I remember the race well....it was my very first pole and double win at rd with #1 ranked Gary Lennon in 2nd. So if memory serves me well I will be using the lacetti which I had fine tuned here. When I get home I'll hop on ts and the server and should be glowing by then.

Cmon ppl let's get the entries up, do we need a donation drive again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes