RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Gents,

the race director had an enormously challenging day leading up to the event. Had the Internement of my Grandfathers remains earlier in the day followed by a visit to an orthopedic physician for Taylors knee which was fractured on Saturday playing Softball. Nothing like a 7 year old totally down in the dumps to rip your heart out.

I tried to race well yet knew I prolly didn;t have my "A game" for this one. Race 1 was ok but an unforced error dropped me back to 8th or 9th.

Race 2 I just couldn;t take the grid. I regret not having the gusto for this one as I thought it might prove to be the race of the year in these cars!

Looks like the race reports are a clue that the event was spec'd well and enjoyed by most of you! Se yall in the future!

I wish i stayed asleep and didnt bother,horrible little event,with some horrible "ram and run" tactics,so its only rFactor events that will get a restart if there is some kind of abnormal carnage and chaos at T1 from the start eh?,i seem to remember an event last week that had 3 restarts,it seems very unfair i dont get to do 2 races tonight,maybe ok if it was just me being punted around alone,but it completely changed the complextion of the race the way i was punted around in the middle of that turn really screwing the whole show up,i mean real life racing will do a restart with similar kinds of carnage....im sure we could have blurred the line a bit better tonight....

normaly i am not for restarts as **** happens but as Gary sayed this one was a carnage where in real racing a red flag would have been pulled
i got trapped cuz the both cars are blocking any way i could go and guess what the complete following feld bumped me around into the 2 cars
standing there o.O my suspensions was that way damaged trhat i had already deep red tyers at lap 6 where tehy would be usualy not that wared
befor lap 9 o.O

I wish i stayed asleep and didnt bother,horrible little event,with some horrible "ram and run" tactics,so its only rFactor events that will get a restart if there is some kind of abnormal carnage and chaos at T1 from the start eh?,i seem to remember an event last week that had 3 restarts,it seems very unfair i dont get to do 2 races tonight,maybe ok if it was just me being punted around alone,but it completely changed the complextion of the race the way i was punted around in the middle of that turn really screwing the whole show up,i mean real life racing will do a restart with similar kinds of carnage....im sure we could have blurred the line a bit better tonight....

If there is a problem, please report an incident (see top thread).

Had some nice racing, but......there are some guys who are just driving like a bat of out of hell (tonight i wasn't directly involved in one of those incidents, expect for the race 2 pile up). Please have some regard to other drivers, cause some things i saw where just over the limit.

Quali: went as bad i expected :) could get one lap right, so p20 it was.

Race 1: Start wasn't bad, gained some positions. Also could get a rythm on this track. At one point i had a big fight with Robert, which just not ended in tears. Robert knocked on my door twice, i wisely let some space in the last corner. On the straight he had a run on me, but in some kind of way he touched my bumper, i just managed to keep the car under control otherwise i would have stuffed the car into the wall at 230 kmh. After that i had a hay fever attack during the race, so i got sight problems and i just managed to keep the car out of the wall. I lost about 20 seconds with that. Attack went over and i brought the car safely home.

Race 2: Total carnage at T2. I cruised the thru T1, that worked out well, but then it went totally wrong some cars ahead in t2 (i guess around P8 or so). There was a huge pile up with about 10 cars. Really dont know who caused that, but that's is again an example of driving careless. Sorry to say it like that, but that's my opinion. From there i had some nice driving, finished around p12, just managing to keep Hugo G. behind.

Luckely,i didn't got cought in that carnage as i was 4th in that corner and the cars involved were from 6th place up to 22nd. Bit mess out there,really carnage,i was looking in my mirror and allmost laught of what i'v seen. I deffenetly have to see the replay.
Qualification(7th place) - It was my first time on this track with those cars,i was before but only with WTCC and only once.After 6-7 laps managed to ensure a good spot on the grid.

Race1(5th place) - After starting in the race i'v overtooked 1 or 2 cars and here i was in lap 2 on 4th place,chasing the top3 guys. I''v stayed with them untill lap 6 or7 when i'v made a mistake and they got away and Martijn was right behind me smiling ironic because he wanted my place. All was good,Martijn was anuf back to not make me feel stressed,but in last lap,first corner up the hill,when i braked,my left rear wheel touched the grass and this result in a spin.Here i was now behing Martijn,but untill finish no way to catch him as he was running like hell to keep that spot.Great driving mate all the race from 6th lap to 10th :d .

Race2(2nd place) - I was starting from P4 and Martijn from P3 as the grid gets reversed (top 8th). First corner somebody overtooked us and here we are on 4th and 5th place.After i taked the corner in T2,i looked in my mirror and i was amaysed to discover a carnage with 17 cars...SANDWICH. :D
In all the race i chased Martijn who was on 1st and i was on 2nd because the top 3 guys crashed. First one was between 2nd and 3rd place and the leader done a mistake by himself i think....can't remember well.
I was having no chance to overtake Martijn as he was faster than first round and i was having a setup that gived to my front wheels 50% grip in lap 6-7th.Very hard to take corners with a little more speed like others.......so untill finish we keepet it like that but i was hoping that Martijn to make the same mistake i made first round :D

Thank you racing staff and RaceDepartment for this great event. I was to say that i am sorry for those good guys that were cought in the carnage,i would accepted a restart for what happened even if i was having advantage. Cya next time guys....hope that someone will make a video with this great race.I want to see the carnage :D:D:D:D

We do it with rFactor sooner because its easier offcourse. With race its more difficult and probably will mess up the grid positions. :)

Well, I wasnot so happy either:frown:, not sure where it started, but you can't overtake 4/5 cars in one corner, is not possible.....so carnage it was. Hoped for a restart too bad didn't came. To bad, was really looking forward too this race. So guys, give eachother some space when overtaken etc etc. and try too make it a very good and respectful race next time. Till then, greets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes