RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Much better event for me than the last few events. More detailed report to follow when I can review the replays. In short the first race looked like a waste but ended up being very entertaining. The second race I finished 2nd to Yves as I could not defend P1. Great racing on a great track. THanks again to RD and Nelson.

More details to follow.

Without trying any other cars, I picked the Viper and I think it was a really good choice. A good setup was available and I felt very comfortable in it right off the bat, I think I only dropped one click of rear wing to get it to fit.

The track was in really nice shape for Q, that was a nice ride!

R1: Track was certainly not the same as practice or Q but the car was still a joy to drive! Larry's writeup covered most all of what happened to me in the race. I took one lap to see Larry's pace before realizing that I should go chase him down! A few nice laps with Willie were fun too. Half way into the race I closed on Larry and he "oop'ed" in T1. For the rest of the race I was able to just enjoy the lovely to drive track in a fun to drive car.

R2:At T1 there was trouble brewing at the apex and some of us crept to the outside, it got crowded, I tapped Glen K's butt and I could see at least one other contact but six of us ended up in the grass. Up to speed and I'm chasing Larry down again with Glen K and Erie E closing from behind. I slid off the track under that pressure and Glen gets by. Next lap the race changes as Bill N taps me at T2 and the race is with him till the finish. I was slow to recover from that incident and even tapped Bill back in the S's when rebounding from the wall[Sorrry Bill], a fine race between us untill I put my feet on the grass too many times to be in it anymore.

Thanks Eric, RD, a great night of driving!

What's wrong with the BMS? I saw it was removed so took it out for a few laps and already set in my pb (well, almost) that I did with the Lada. (while I'm an FWD guy)

Edit: tried the BMW E90 also, here are my times:
Lada: 1.29.927
BMS Incognito: 1:29.970
BMW E90: 1:29.988
(offline practice mode, 36l fuel, only a few setup changes)

Fun racing last night! Another good track selection for the GT beasts.

I decided to use the Saleen since I don't recall every using it previously. It seemed like it should have been a good fit...at least it did at the time :)

Qual: Didn't quite get as much practice as I hoped prior to the race, but in the dozen or so laps I did I was running around 22.0 in offline prac with race fuel. I figured with some qual setup tweaks I would settle into the upper-mid-pack with a 21.x. That plan was thwarted when I decided to alt-tab just as practice was ending - when I came back my game still showed the server was in prac mode, while clearly over TS I could hear that qual had started. Long story short, I restarted the game and steam and when I got back there was 5:00 left in the session. No time for adjustments so I just went for it - ran a 22.0 with 2 seconds to spare on the session timer :eek:. Started P13.

Race 1: A controlled start by the pack in front seemed to cut down on L1 incidents, and I maintained P13 for the first lap or so. I started slowly working through the field via a combination of passes and various offs in front and soon found myself in P8 or 9. I began chasing down Glenn, who was in a battle with Alex W. for position. Chasing them down the start/finish straight I could see things getting a bit physical between them, and it looked like Alex got loose on the straight and gave a hard knock to Glenn. That sent them both off and allowed me to get past. A short time after I got past Jarrod as he slid wide at T4, which started the battle the lasted for much of the remaining race. Jarrod was quicker and my car was handling erratic in the middle laps, so he was able to get past after a lap or so. However he gifted the position back not long after, and for the remaining laps I saw the gap between us vary from 5 sec to .5 sec as we would take turns making small errors. I thought I was safe heading into the final lap and tried to dial it back a bit, but that caused me to lose focus and he once again cut the gap too close for comfort. Not sure how close it was at the end (probably <1 sec) but I crossed the line just ahead of him in P7.

Race 2: Started in P2 and stayed there for 3/4 of lap 1. Then a sudden presence of grip surprised me and I got caught up on a curb, which pretty much forced to me to slow to halt to avoid a disastrous spin. I fell back to P5 or 6, just in front of Keith who passed me shortly after. Cristian eventually made his way through the pack and passed me as well to put me in P7. I sat back here and put in some solid laps watching the Keith and Cristian battle. They each had a few small offs, allowing me to pass for a short time - however they quickly regained position. Still in P7, and my Saleen starting to handle like a giant barge, Glenn began to close in. We stayed in a close battle for the rest of the race, with less than 0.5 sec separating us the last couple laps. Cristian ended up taking too much cumulative damage near the end of the race, gifting me P6. Glenn made a strong push on the final lap, and his vette nearly won out in a drag race down the straight to the finish. I'm not sure what the final gap was, but it had to have been small - I was just able to hold on to P6 through the finish.

Great races and another impressive crowd on the grid. The car variety was awesome to see as well!

This was a fantastic event at a great track with some truly great and competitive drivers that were driving the best class of cars available in this race sim of ours!!! Can you tell that I'm fond of this weekly event?

My night started off as I confirmed my decision to stick with the Lister in which I had hit several 1.22 flat laps in offline time trial mode. During quali, I got out quickly and ran a conservative lap and to my amazement I hit a 1.22 flat.... so now it was time to try to rip a great lap..... AND for a change, I did it! I hit a 1.20.3ish lap which was my best by over a second. This put me at I believe 5th on the start.

Race 1: I got off to just a decent start as T1 is always touchy but I came through it clean and my expectations were high.

Instead of a blow by blow, I'll basically say this to summarize my night: The night was not really success for me personally as I had higher expectations that grew even more as my quali lap put me up front with the fast guys. I thought that I could drive with them but in retrospect, I have to conclude that I'm just not consistent enough to drive up front yet. I didn't handle the extra weight of the lister well and honestly never got comfortable with the breakpoints as often I was locking up the tank feeling lister. Every personal battle that I was in throughout the night seemingly ended with me finishing behind them.

A 3rd party assessment of my performance may not be as critical as I finished 8th out of 21 drivers both times and there were some very fast drivers ahead of me.

Although I'm going to be hard on myself, it doesn't mean that I didn't have a good time. I had a great time tonight and the cool thing about having an almost full field is that you'll always have someone near your skill level to race with. Last night it was Tyler for a while and then mostly Cory and Glen P.... Both races I dueled these guys and what fun it was!!! Thanks guys for a great night and thanks Eric for setting up this event. As usual, I look forward to the next one!

Just a note, every time I got close to a Viper, it was obvious that this track fit that car..... which you can't often say... as the viper often has tough times staying competitive due to it's difficulties in turning... but it seemed to me that it was a real competitor here. I think I may try a lap or 2 in it as it looked so mean coming up my gluteous... by the end of the straights, it was probably at a 5mph advantage on my lister. It really felt like a big difference.

See you guys next week.

a small race report.

qualy: i came in just 2 minutes before the qualy so didn,t have time to tweak my base setup but it was still good for 3rd place.

Race 1: made a few change during the warm up and the car was a little better, my start wasn't so bad and just lost one place and was able to fight for 3rd place with Dariusz but i lost it coming out of a corner and lost some ground. while i was trying to make up for the lost ground i lost it again and hit the wall at the esses and lost my front splitter so had to pit putting me down to the last place. after that i made up a few more places to finish 18th.

Race 2: start wasn't so bad and was very careful at T1 which pay off and i was able to avoid the mess and get thru cleanly putting me up to 10 place, with the help of others going off and with a few passes after a few laps i was P5 chasing Dariusz but passed him this time. after a few more lap i was able to pass third place and was gifted second place cause the guy went withd in the corner after the esses. from there i chased Sam in first place and caught up with him but made a little mistake but i was able to catch him very fast and make a pass and took the win.

thanks Eric for setting this event and thanks RD for the hardware :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play