RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Gary Brain

Name on RD forum: Gary Brain
Name in game: Gary Brain
Your Country: Isle of Man
Control: Logitech DFP
Car: the mini
Special remarks: Willing to step aside

I've driven quite a few UK tracks in real life and Cadwell doesn't feel right.
Brands Hatch spot on
Silverstone early version same (1970 ish)
Later silversone versions not driven
Mallory Park (GPL) perfect
Crystal Palace (GTR GTL & GPL) Spot on (My favorite)
Knockhill (Very Close)
Oulton Park (Only driven Club ) seems good
Thruxton (not tried yet)
Castle Coombe (really good) both types
Lydden Hill (GPL) very close
Snetterton ( almost perfect)
Donnington (Seems very close)
All race 07 except where otherwise stated.
Other Race Drivers opinions may vary but these are my thoughts.
Terry Harmer

always nice to get the views from a real racing driver, thanks Terry :thumb:

I experienced this as the worst RD event i have ever participated in. Maybe i am negative today but not much was fun:
  • Start: some people think this is WTCC and just swap paint in T1 of a 60 minute race. We are driving million dollar cars here, not Seats.
  • 10 minutes: 1/3 of the field left without giving notice. Sorry but i find this unacceptable. I have posted it in every toppost that if you cannot commit to an endurance race: dont bother signing up
  • 30 minutes: 1/2 of the field gone
  • 60 minutes: 10 people still in the server
Guys seriously we spend hours a day updating and reading threads. Setting up servers. Arrange everything to let you guys race. Then it is very dissappointing to see that some people just dont give a damn and drive for 2 laps and dissappear. Premium Club unworthy if i may say so.

I experienced this as the worst RD event i have ever participated in. Maybe i am negative today but not much was fun:
  • Start: some people think this is WTCC and just swap paint in T1 of a 60 minute race. We are driving million dollar cars here, not Seats.
  • 10 minutes: 1/3 of the field left without giving notice. Sorry but i find this unacceptable. I have posted it in every toppost that if you cannot commit to an endurance race: dont bother signing up
Guys seriously we spend hours a day updating and reading threads. Setting up servers. Arrange everything to let you guys race. Then it is very dissappointing to see that some people just dont give a damn and drive for 2 laps and dissappear. Premium Club unworthy if i may say so.
Bram,

Perhaps the RD Staff should consider adding something to the Rules of Conduct explicitly stating that folks should stay connected for the entire race unless they lose their connection (ie - game crash, PC crash, ISP problem). Then if people do not follow the rules of clearly marked "Endurance" events, they could lose Premium status. I am not sure that most people understand that they are supposed to stick with it even when the race is not going well. I suspect that they may interpret your comments as just meaning not to sign up if they have some other conflict that would prevent them from staying for the full race. Making a clearer statement of what the RD Staff expects would probably help at least some.

Just my $0.02. :)

• Neil Gardner

Name on RD forum: Neil Gardner
Name in game: Neil Gardner
Your Country: NZ
Control: G25
Car: Mini
Special remarks: Never raced the minis in-game, which is ironic since most of my IRL racing experience has been in older minis (including a twin engined, 4wd monster!)

Cheers - N

Race Report Time! :becky:

Qualifying: Remembering that the exit of the chicanes are more important than the entry I concentrated on getting the power down and reducing the understeer going in and in the end got a good stable setup and 12th on the grid.
The highest placed Aston :)

Race: Started well, nothing major happened as you should expect with premium members. Concentrated on staying on track and keeping up with the pack. In the warmup I had practised with a full tank (160L) and found that car gripped better with the weight over the rear wheels but drove forward more under braking and turning. Using half the fuel load meant the effects where reduced by corner exit was improved and I could actually putting good laps.
Going into the parabolica side by side with Neil, Neil locked the brakes and prevented me turning in and pushing me out into the gravel.
Shrug that off there were 55 minutes to catch up. Behind a slower pack of cars, on of which was Slyvian (sorry if I spelt that wrong) who had forgotten about the radiator and was smoking heavily (Bare in mind I have the smoke/dust mod :becky:) so blind for a while until I passed and drove off with Bram closing for a while until a S&G. Passing a few cars and eventually was in 6th by time the race was half way, by this time I was behind Roy, knowing Roy won't give up with a fight I decided to pit and beat him with laps. Didn't work and the pit menu seems to have changed costing me out 10-15 seconds so by time Roy pitted & came out I was 10 seconds behind. Then Roy dived into the pit lane once again giving me 5th place.
Only one more place was possible to gain while was 4th and would only be possible if Christopher pitted which didn't happen so across the line in 4th.

Summary
Track: I had no problems with the cutting rules at all, just 2 warnings in the entire race.
Car: I was in the Aston and with the setup tweaks and steering degrees & steer lock, I think the Aston has become my favourite GTP car.
Race: Overall, people need to remember that this is a long race. There is no reason to go kerb jumping of bang doors in the first laps, be patient.

Sorry about quitting Bram - but the double stop and go really pissed me off and ruined the great fun i was having trying to chase down Olivier's C6R - i was catching pretty quick but then got a stop go, served it and then 3 corners later got another one for running over a curb. Decided i had had enough there and then and parked it in the gravel and quit off. I think a few others had the same issue as me and left for the same reason. Hopefully we can make it up with a race at a track that shouldn't cause any problems for anyone :)

• Start: some people think this is
    WTCC
    and just swap paint in T1 of a 60 minute race. We are driving million dollar cars here, not Seats.
  • 10 minutes: 1/3 of the field left without giving notice. Sorry but i find this unacceptable. I have posted it in every
    toppost
    that if you cannot commit to an endurance race:
    dont
    bother signing up
yip was a bit crazy, not sure about everyone else but it went tits up right at the start for me, started 11th and made up 3 places very quickly but after turn one the hud had me down as 3rd when i think i was in 8th then later on there was a huge lag spike and i had cars frozen on the track everywhere and the hud lost all time gap to the cars in front and the ones behind were showing as being laps behind.

In the end i finished the race in 6th place although i never got the chequered flag yet so i continued to do another lap after the race had finished then started to do another one after that and still no flag then i got a stop go for cutting the first bend even though the race had finished some laps ago.

I must say sorry to the leader after i went off on the last bend i returned to the track with a puncture and was rtying to limp back to the pits when he came around the corner and wacked me damaging my rear suspension but at least i think i got the worst of it (or i hope i did)

Sorry bram, my pc have problem,my display card overheat,the game stop on the track,can not work,so,need to reboot pc,
this monza race,me very want to finish it.fun and good play on GT-Pro,i have wrong for my aircondition,because if me play the game,i need set my aircondition is 18'c,but yesterday,i wrong,i set my aircondition temp is 21'c,my room 21'c temp not good for my pc,so,my pc dead,before i have test what temp in the room is ok,so,next time,i shall fix my pc to cool,and i remember set my aircondition to cool keep my pc working,

See all next race for GTR-E :thumb:

My race report:
Qualify:
If me not wrong remember,is pos 7 start,i feel is good,

Race:
start is good,on first corner,i can not turn,so,i into the turf,no problem,stop/go for me:p,i need in pit,but pit out finish,oh what happen,stop/go again,why,i pit in is keep slow than 59 to pit,is wrong?so,i need pit in again,ok,pit in again,keep slow than 49:p,ok,now,pit out no problem,and in the track,if not remember before is 23 ppl on the track,but after,i see only 19 ppl on the track,oh,why my pc not full ppl dead machine?is on 19 ppl dead machine:(,why?my god!!i want catch in my eyes car,i can do it,i want to catch it,no good for my machine dead,

Well I had a fun race,
Some nice battles with other drivers and for my first race in EVO that wasnt at the ring it was superb.
As for the sng's, I was close to getting one as I did have 1 final warning but I managed to keep it on the black stuff for the rest of the race. Congrats to me :)
As Bram said it was a little dissapointing to see so many leave after 2 laps. If you cant hack the race dont sign up, Im sure there were plenty of drivers willing to run the full race but couldnt get in.

Till next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play