RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just hadoto get some relief from poison ivy!:rolleyes: ON my birthday no less!!!!!!!!!!!WTF.........:mad:

What happened with the weather? we are trying out some weather modeling and this was the first use of it in a club race here at ARC.

A session by session report would help me a bit. Thanks!

I thought the weather had a nice effect on the race, it sure had me guessing as to what it was going to do. The thunder and lightning effects were spot on. I raced the mini's last week at BH Indy in the rain and had a blasted. I'm cool with switching it up a little :thumb:.

Did my first laps on this track at official practice. I was very slow and came 17th in qualify ( among 17 drivers :D ).

The track was damp and the forecast was rain so i decided to start with wets. But that was a mistake, no rain came and i lapped slowly. Then after my first stop i got a stop/go cuz of pit speeding, then when i came for stop/go i got another stop/go for pit speeding. At last i made a nice stop/go and moved on.

When coming to last 10-12 minutes, i was 2 laps down from Dimic in 10th. I was 11th. Then heavy rain came. I was lucky as i got wets earlier than others. I past many people which were struggling with dry tyres on wet track. Then at the last lap i could catch Dimic and past him. 10th place from 17th. Very good race and i loved rain. :D

Thanks David, Everyone raced and Rd. See you next week ;)

Sorry but i´m really afraid, i know it was for everyone the same and so on but i miss it totally, from one to the next lap it was undriveable and really too late too stop. :tongue: I go to the gravel with slideing at slower then 20 Km/h - the weathersystem is only horrable in race07, totally unnormal i would say.
It was really a great race before this flood, i mean a little forcast would be good, how should i know how wet is it and how wet it will be next lap, i have no two screens with motec or anything else where it´s all to see. So instead happy racing it was at the end very :mad:
Maybe a weatherforecast before the race what all can happen would be good, i was thinking only a littlebit of rain where it´s no problem to run with dry tyres. With this flood i never calculated and if i register it it was really too late.

Anyway congrats to podium and who had fun with this - not me. :no:

Well Well Well! :)

Qualification: 1st. Between me and second place was .007 difference and between me and 10th place was not more than one second difference(around 900 ms)
Race: Started good,but Kjell started even better,what makes him to overtake me in first corner because it was on inside.
13 laps i was chasing him with less than 500ms difference between us overall. My strategy for the race was the one that maked me finish on a bad place. I was planing to do first 13 laps from 42,with fuel of 13 laps and change the slicks,so,in lap 12-13 i pitted and exit on the last place. When the race was at half,the others started to pit but my tires allready started a little bit to grind. In lap 22 i think,i was in first place again,but Andreas Lofler was right behind me chasing after pole.
About 10-11 laps he keept after me but my tires were getting warm and warm and slippery.When i saw that he is getting very close to me in some of the corners(i was faster in others),i let him overtake me because there wasn't a point to fight against him when my slick were getting distroied more and more.But after he overtooked me,i chase him about 5-6 laps.But my tires were at 32% used and 2 cars behind me ovetooked me when i braked later after big straight. I keept up with them only 2 laps more as the rain started and was a nasty one,not like the one we had in first 10 laps,it was more a storm. Because i changed the graphic card with a older one as the one that i was using wasn't good for this game,and because i changed it i'v had to turn all the graphic details to low,low,low,off,low,50% etc....so,i wasn't able to see how much rain is falling on the track to realise that my slicks were becomeing needless.So,when the rain started to transform in a storm,i was like on ice,really ice,i never experienced a more slippery car than this one on this track. It was heel. 4-5 drivers overtooked me as i was allways out of track in the corners.I decided to change them into wet tires(forgot to tell you that when the big rain started,i was changing the tires but with slicks agan,and it was awful). After i changed them into wet,i was riding pretty better but allready lost many places.But,for my surprising,many people pitted again as the rain was very bad and they were having probably also slicks or used wets. I managed to got place 4th but i started to make mistakes as i was tired and the tires were allmost 0% efficienty and when i falled on 6th,in last lap i saw Andreas Lofler that was exiting the pit right behind me,and i tought that i should wait him to have a little fun untill finish as we anyway were the last 2 places on the track.....hehe,but he didn't understanded and when i maked a mistake he didn't waited and run to defend his new place :D. Overall,it was a kickass race,but i am sad that i didn't planed better the strategy,i was a foul.
Sorry for those 2 cars that i tapped from behind a little.I was lately on braking because of tires.Next time i'l be more careful.

Thank you RaceDepartment for supporting those great races and David Buxton for organising. Cya tomorow night at Enduro 500k of Nordschleife. Can't wait!
Good night!

Sorry but i´m really afraid, i know it was for everyone the same and so on but i miss it totally, from one to the next lap it was undriveable and really too late too stop. :tongue: I go to the gravel with slideing at slower then 20 Km/h - the weathersystem is only horrable in race07, totally unnormal i would say.
It was really a great race before this flood, i mean a little forcast would be good, how should i know how wet is it and how wet it will be next lap, i have no two screens with motec or anything else where it´s all to see. So instead happy racing it was at the end very :mad:
Maybe a weatherforecast before the race what all can happen would be good, i was thinking only a littlebit of rain where it´s no problem to run with dry tyres. With this flood i never calculated and if i register it it was really too late.

Anyway congrats to podium and who had fun with this - not me. :no:

Yes,yes yes,i was going out of the track at less than 20km/h also. Nightmare! Thank you Andreas for battle! Nice driving. :)

I downloaded the skin pack and there are two minor errors:

1) David Zafiu - wrong file name for helmet, in the ini file is "Helmet Type 2.dds" but the file name is "Helmet Type2.dds"

2) Stefan Werner - wrong file format for ingame flag

I think, that it should not be a problem, but of course, the ingame flag and helmet file doesn't work...

btw...when we can expect some info about the weather for this event? :wink:

Maybe if you change it with your hands it will work,i have no problem with my helmet. Wired!

btw...when we can expect some info about the weather for this event? :wink:

That would be interesting, i had even a Mini event with "changeable", from sunny to tornado was all there. And that in lesser time then 15 min, the wheather in Race07 is such horrable that i would think about to drive with such conditions. I mean with a wetherforecast what can happen you can calculate with it but with knowing nothing and then get weather randomly from the game it will ending only in chaos. Also you cant really see it from the cockpit how much water is on track or how much rain is falling, so i find it really bad in comparison fo example GTR or GP4.

anything more as 30% wet will truly kill this event as if there is something you wont have at the ring then it is wet conditions
and if its more and you get cought middle of track you mostlikely wont get to the pits anymore
if you change to early to wets they will be plain death till it starts last times weather was ok you could stay out with drys
and it was not to wet

Well Well Well! :)
I managed to got place 4th but i started to make mistakes as i was tired and the tires were allmost 0% efficienty and when i falled on 6th,in last lap i saw Andreas Löffler that was exiting the pit right behind me,and i tought that i should wait him to have a little fun untill finish as we anyway were the last 2 places on the track.....hehe,but he didn't understanded and when i maked a mistake he didn't waited and run to defend his new place :D. Overall,it was a kickass race,but i am sad that i didn't planed better the strategy,i was a foul.
Good night!

David, nice that you wait, but i´m trying to raicing and this as fast as possible. As best with a big gap to the second. That this isn´t possible mostly, nice racing action comes from alone, you have not to wait for this. Some laps before you had the chance to "racing" but you let me trought easily which irritates me a bit because i wasn´t much faster then you.
And in the end i was nearly to go off the track with ESC then racing with another car. It was no fun at all - OK ! Why i´m racing before 60 min for P1, only to be last in the last two laps, if i think about this wasted time.... - Man, why i do that ?
And realistic wheather seems also different, from sunny to tornadeo in 10 min :confused: - sorry, but i´m only really annoyed. ****, ****, ****, **** :rolleyes:

Yes you'r defenetly right. First time i let you pass as you were getting quicker because you just changed your tires when mine were getting destroyed,it was ok to chase you.I didn't want that those 2 guys behind to cath us because i was keeping you behind. Next time i'l stay on my line.On last lap i saw that you got out of the track and i was too out of the track in that moment,so this is the reason for waiting you too,place 7 or 8 isn't much difference,just wanted to spice a little bit last lap as we were far away from others and we were last. :) I was nervous too that i finished last after managind to keep place 2 and 1 long time.The wather maked my race pointless. :frown:

Cya next time,hope for forecast before race. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play