RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First of all, I want to say, that I was really looking forward for this event, because F1 on classic F1 track is great combination (probably, it will be good, if next event will be on classic F1 track also, for example Hockenheim, Spa-Francorchamps, Melbourne,...).
But this race didn't go very well, really...

Qualifing
It could be decent time but I made a mistake in last chicane, so I started from 14. place, so not very good.

RACE 1
This race was really very short. I had a good start, but when I was braking to the first corner, Maurice Hurksmans hit me from the back, and very hard, so the suspension was seriously damaged, and it was no chance to continue in this race (rear tires suddenly lost grip in higher speeds). So I had to wait for the race 2.

RACE 2
Well, this was not much better. Again, I had a good start, but Dan Asbury spun on the start, so he blocked a part of the track, and I couldn't avoid him (because I drove side by side with someone, so there were no place). Result - again suspension damaged and lost the front wing. But it could be driven, so I decided to continue. It was needed to doing a steering correction on the straight line and the car drove differently in right corner and otherwise in the left corner, but because the car was no downforce on the front, it was relatively stable and because of the no downforce, I had a significantly advantage on the straight line acceleration and top speed. Because of this and because I thought, that the suspension damage couldnt be repaired in the pit, I decided to not go to the pit very soon (I did a pit stop in 9 lap). Yes, it was not very safe, but I really wanted to finish this race...so I really sorry to everyone, who had to overtook me, I hope that I didn't slow down someone. But it was surprise, that the suspension was repaired pretty good, so after the pit stop, the car was OK. But I was 1 lap behind the leader, so it was no chance for good result. So after all I finished in the 8. place.

Thank you Dave and RD :thumb:

Frank I gotcha! we can talk you thru pitstops if you have teamspeak tonight. its really not that hard once you do it a couple of times.

Hitting your pit stall and not entering pit lane OVEr the speed limit is another issue but its just for fun and adds the the

MAYHEM!

Peter yeah this will be fun!

WOW! I really wish I could have made this one! I love IMOLA and the Radical is fun to drive IMO.

Who would like to name a track for the next race? I wil test it first to see if it is "SUITABLE" for the car but am open to a suggestion......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes