RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualify: yip but i forget where :tongue: mid table somewhere, think i had Bram and Stefan behind me and Peter and James in front.
Finish: yip and in 5th (i think) :biggrin:

The start was a weird one when the car in front got bogged down so i had to ease up and watch Bram creap up on the left only to see him loose it on the fast left hander as he was still on the wrong side of the track i guess he got a big handfull of liftoff oversteer :smile:
Starting with a full tank and decided to try and make it home without stopping so i took it easy while trying to keep the cars in front in sight and settled in to a steady 2:04/05 pace which i thought would of been quick enough but the guys up front were soon clocking 2:01/02 lap times so i guess my strategy was not as good as i thought :wink:
Adam finaly caught up with me around laps 10 and 11 but rather than get into a scrap i lifted and let him through only for him to spin in front of me :eek: so that couple of laps cost me 7 or 8 seconds :frown: not that it mattered a lot as peter would still have caught me before the end and even though i was quicker on the straight i could not defend the corners with the state my tyres were it only took him a couple of laps to line me up and drive around me.

Finished i think in 5th with less than 1L of fuel left in the tank and 3 tyre warnings but with no warnings for damaged suspension :biggrin:

vara..jpg

Q : P8 (don't beleive Neil's sheet :p)

I did a "modest" 2:01.6, my objective was to be in top 10 and to hit 2:01.x, I did both, so I was happy with my qualifiying

R : P6

First laps went very well, I was behind Marcel and Nigel for a few laps, as long Marcel didn't overtake Nigel, everything went well, I could follow both of them even if I was too far/not fast enough to really threat them, several drivers were behind me, but two of them did mistakes and couldn't pass me. Then Marcel overtaken Nigel, and Peter tried a move in turn 3, i blocked him, and we had a contact (I think that was my fault, sorry mate), and I got the famous suspension damage at this moment, then we battled for a while, a very hard fight, of course as he was faster, he eventually overtaken me, we were side by side for 4 or 5 turns, then tried to retake my place on last turns, had a contact, so I had to let him go.

I did my pit stop in lap 21. Rejoined 8th, after failing to properly start my engine at the end of my pit stop, I was alone in 7th place and then 6th place (after some retirements), then I realised that I was much faster than Niel, so I tried to catch him in the last laps, but he was too far, and I was not regular enough.

Finally, I'm happy to finish in the same lap as the leader at a decent position once again, especially since I almost haven't trained (just 4 or 5 laps to discover the track). That was a great one, now, I'm looking forward to Indy, this will be a different thing in a wide, Tilkish track.

This was a funny race

Qual-time was not fast enough 2;02 (1.8 sec to slow) but the car feels good to me.

Race didn't go very well...a was distractive by my wife. She was desperately searching for one of my 2 Jack Russel dogs....OEF!
So after a couple of rounds i parc my car in the pitlane, going out for some help - searching the dog. Yeah! i was i bit mad...but finally the dog listen to me (as always) I continue the race. Through the rush i damaged the car and slow her down...pretty fast i got al kinds of warnings....blue flag! first time, second time, lasttime pull-over.......and than i again first warning, second etc,. PFffffffffff......and warning that my tyres getting worn...
There goes my second stop..This time only for 31 seconds....and the battle begins...fighting my self back to place 11th...just where i started!

Amazing that after my (long)break i still managed to finish 11th

No you did't mate - the blue flag warnings are fixed with the last patch!!! :cool:
You just get 3 warnings, you do not get a S&G any more (as long as the server is set to "black [flag] only" ... I got the same blue flag crap off the start line and it was such a great feeling to say "sod that" then totally ignore them and keep pushing :biggrin:

I definetly got a stop and go for the blue flags. I didnt no about this fix but defo had a stop and go thats why i pulled over first corner.

I definetly got a stop and go for the blue flags. I didnt no about this fix but defo had a stop and go thats why i pulled over first corner.

theres obviosly some of the bug left in the game, i just looked at the replay and you can clearly see that Adam pulls off after passing at least 3 blue flags. i remember i got the 1st warning twice and didnt get the 3rd warning till after the 1st sector

theres obviosly some of the bug left in the game, i just looked at the replay and you can clearly see that Adam pulls off after passing at least 3 blue flags. i remember i got the 1st warning twice and didnt get the 3rd warning till after the 1st sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes