RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This was my first go at racing open wheelers. Thanks to Eric for making his setup available to all of us, I was up to speed within minutes of joining the server and eventually qualified 2nd on the grid.

Race 1: Got off to a decent start, but lost some ground to Jesse in the opening lap, whom was clearly in a league of his own last night. I was able to stick with him and even gain a little ground on him for the following 3 laps or so, at which point he turned on the after burners. It didn't take long from here on out for him to out of sight.

At this point all my attention was on Peter whom was following closely in 3rd. We were matched pretty equally. Where as I was faster over 1 lap, he was clearly much more consistent. Another difference I noticed while reviewing the replay is that he had much larger gearing than me giving him more speed down the long straights. Much like Eric, I was finding it easy to overdrive the car and had several large drifts as a result of it. I was pushing as hard as I could, while trying to keep my lines tight, as I knew Peter was looking for any little gap to squeeze through. Our battle lasted nearly from start to finish. Peter finally made his move on the second to last lap. I really wasn't expecting it, but luckily saw him dive down the inside right as I was turning in and I was able to correct my line allowing him room to complete the pass. We came out of the corner side by side and it was a drag race to the fast (4th gear) uphill right hander. We entered side by side, but I had to let off as I was running out of road. I tried to slip stream him down the front straight, but despite being right on his tail, I was unable to make up any ground. I carried much more speed through T1 and got to within inches of him, but again had to let off to avoid a collision. This time it caused me to lose a bit of ground on him though and I spent the majority of the lap just trying to get back on his tail. In the final corner Peter ran it a little to wide and I was able to get on the inside of him. We were now side by side approaching the finish line fast, but Peter again clearly had more straight line speed and was able to out drag me to the line. Leaving me in third.

Race 2: My start wasn't quite as good, spinning of the line and both Peter and Jesse went by. This unfortunately put me in a bad spot in T1 as Jesse gave Dennis a slight tap. I had to slow down and lost touch with Eric and Peter at the front. As the two of them were battling it out, I was able to catch back up and was right on Eric's tail after he had a little run off. I was finding it really hard to stay close to Eric as he was fighting to keep his car on the track. Around lap 6 or so we were approaching the last turn and despite hitting my braking marker at the same spot as previous laps, I found myself approaching the rear of Eric's car quickly and hit him sending him off track in a spin. I waited for him to rejoin and got behind him down the front straight. Having lost a lot of time, Jesse was now right behind us. It wasn't long before Eric ran it wide and off track allowing me to get past and my lap times dropped back down into the mid to high 1:28's allowing me open a gap of nearly 1.5 seconds over the next lap or two. Then all of a sudden Eric was gone. I now found myself all alone with a gap of over 6 seconds to Peter and nearly 8 seconds to Jesse. I now wasn't really concentrating on what I was doing any more and figured I would just manage the gap to the finish line. I nearly chucked it several times as a result of that, but some how managed to keep it together and crossed the line in second.

Granted we had a rather slim field last night, but I was positively thrilled with my results last night. Had a lot of fun and some great battles. I'll be sure to try and catch some more Formula Masters races in the future. Just hope my chief mechanic (Eric) is there again to help me with my setup. :)

A big thanks goes out to RD and Yves for setting this up.

I dont know of any other single seater mods but I havent looked (I will now) it would be nice to run MMG F1, is it possible ? obviously only open to those with beta access but that must number quite a few considering there are 3 leagues and several divisions here at RD

I had a look over at No Grip, there are a couple of F1 mods but I have no idea how good they are.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=543 here;s a link to a GIANT skin pack of E30 M3's and Alfa 75's! Mayeb we can use this pack tonight to add som ecolor to the event? I am thinking about making a CLUB USA MOVIE to promote the racing club and this would be awesome!

I have personally used the skinpack and can tell you there are some legitimate "period correct "skins in here like BAstos, Benson Hedges, Mobil 1, turner motorsport, etc.

here's a couple of samples from the skin pack. Has to be 50 skins in there for yu to choose from!

Race_Steam2010-02-&#.jpg Race_Steam2010-02-&#.jpg

ARSE ... shut down steam, deleted the .blob files and when I fired things up I finally got access to the servers once more, only to find you lot already racing ... :frown:

Good job we got a puppy recently - at least now I can go upstairs and kick the dog to vent my frustration :O :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes