RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Nice event guys, fun class and nice track :)

Qualifying (1st)
Managed to find a clear lap and did a 41 high…

Race 1
(DNF)
Did a not so good start on a track where I prefer to start 2nd, immediately lost position to Andreas. On the first go into the fast downhill chicane got a "tap" from behind and went into the fence. Returned to the track in last or second last and from there started to recuperate positions.

Due to aerodynamic decay (from accident), together with poor luck with the start engine health, my car hadn’t sufficient top speed so I was a bit frustrated on every fast section (important when cars are all equal). For most of the time kept it more or less at the tail of the group going from 6th to 11th. Less than 10 minutes to the finish I kept losing concentration and making mistakes. In one of those mistakes, the car went up-side down :p, so I immediately pressed escape to avoid causing problems to anyone else.
Waited for second race…

Race 2 (5th)
Due to the DNF started deep in the grid (18th), the start went well, gladly had the coolness needed to start at the back avoiding most of the trouble.

The first part of the race was very fun as I climbed positions and had many fun battles with some of you.

After about 10 minutes I was stuck in 5th in a "no-man’s" land with the front group slowly going away and the back group slowing losing time. So this part of the race was a bit dull… Near the end I made a mistake and lost a big chunk of my advantage to 6th-7th, in a way this was good since with that fun returned for the final laps.

Overall my lack of experience with the class showed here and there. My race setup wasn’t sufficiently aggressive when compared with the qualifying one and that can explain the 2 seconds pace deficit. In the end of the 30 minutes the tyres were all above 90% condition as I didn’t know these tyres could really take the pain when compared with other game classes. Another aspect is that I had a long 6th gear, which together with my lack of luck regarding engine start health, really didn’t favor my top speed when racing alone… something to review next time I try the class.

Congratulations to the overall podium and single racer winners. Thanks everyone who participated, it was a nice event with near full-house and special thanks to all who raced near me :)

Thanks RD and Staff for the server and event.

First of all...

Race 1 Lap1 - Dariusz im very sorry for that hit. Tried to avoid the car in front of me, and i did avoid him, but with that decision i've ruined your race start and then you hit Lee. Dariusz is not to blame Lee. Im very sorry guys. :( Since there was too much contact in both races, to whoever i may have hit, im sorry.

Race 1 - Started 8th, not bad. Done my PB in Qual. Made a bad start, but after the dust was settled, i've found my space. 2 or 3 minor mistakes, 1 almost big mistake, but manage to get the 3rd place. Had some fights but nothing too intense.

Race 2 - Started 6th, bad start again, contact, contact, contact, contact, and contact again. :ooh: The best part of Race 2, was my overtake of 2 cars in the S/F straight (Lee already mentioned it), because the rest of the race was disappointing. Too many errors, completely the opposite of Race 1. Had some good fights but i was too inconsistent. Then i crashed, the car was upside down in the middle of the road, heard a car coming and pressed ESC, so that way i was the only victim of my 35987345th mistake.

Tried always to avoid contact and give space to other cars, and i think that my defensive lines werent too agressive. If they were please do tell me. The next time ill be more cautious.

Lee no problem. In fact i did deserve the total disappointing second race.

I did have fun. Too much contact for sure, but it was fun! Grats to all the winners, and thanks RD for this event.

I did get to practice for a bit. I thought it was going to be a fine event, thanks Ryan n RD!
Since I couldn't get any times in I thought to give space to those that would register in the results.

Even after the reports, I think I would have had fun.

first time in this cars, first time on that track 1 lap practice and qualy :flat: could not make it earlyer :boohoo:

result:
last places in qualy haha

Race 1:
tryed to stay as much as possible out of trouble in the beginning and there was a lot... lol
found my self then in the midfield. Man some great racing action going on there :p :) Followed Michael a few laps very very close lol then he did a mistake and I pushed away :)
P9 in finish

Race 2:
Start was ok. Then I did a optimistic overtaking move :7: which was not so a good idea :D I think it was Simon I forced to take a looong line into the turn :flat:
around P8 then. Defending position with Joao behind me pushing. Closed gap up to Martin. Me then trying to overtake in a not so good place :( Sorry Martin. Thougt there was no contact so didn't waited. Watched the replay now and I pushed you clear off :(
Joao benefit from it and pushed away. Will than in my mirrors becomming bigger and bigger lol. Tryed to make my car as wide as possible :veryhappy:. Was a nice fight. Me than with a mistake which let Will pass me :flat: Then I tryed to push and overtake back. Did my fastest laps. We 2 closing gap to Joao. In last lap I lost the car and crashed :flat: but no bad damage and could finish not loosing any position :) P7

Wow what a lots fun in these cars...

Qualified middle of the pack.

Race 1 - Man oh man, do I suck at starts! haha. I saw people passing me left right ... right left! But after all the chaos unfolded settled into a good groove and had a great battle for nearly the whole race with Martin. I didn't know how to overtake you as you defended really well. Lots of fun! Finished 7th.

Race 2 - Started 2nd on the grid next to Martin. And looking back I could see all the aliens coming. Coming up to the chicane Dariusz gives me love tap and almost spin, he waits for me and then pressures me around again. He makes a great pass on the inside of the same chicane next go around. Simon puts enough pressure on me that I end up overshooting my brakepoint and go off. Then for the next 10-15 laps had a great battle with Daniel. Tried passing on the outside.. nothing... inside nothing. Finally got the draft on the straight and passed him. Then he puts alot of pressure on me. Unlucky on that final lap I saw you gaining on me Daniel. :) Finished 6th.

Fun stuff and learned alot as well.

Thanks to Ryan and RD for organizing the event. :)

Hi guys, I'm a regular in the GTL club. A couple of weeks ago I went ahead and got all of the Simbin titles from steam. I figured if GTL was so damn good, the rest of them couldn't be half bad.

So sign me up Ryan, this will be my first online race with anything other than GTL. I hope I don't screw anyone's race up with my noobness, lol.

Any incidents make sure you report them! No report = no review and no keeping of high standards!

And it's Kendal Lee ;)
Ahhh yeah .... forgot, yous the original Kendel Mint Cake Muncher :D

RE: keeping standards high ... I know about reporting but I like to have a bit of a rant every now and then :p ... if nothing comes of that, then I tend to have a direct "go" at folks via PM ... and if all else fails ... then I decide whether its worth wasting a bit more of everyone's time to get get the admin wooping stick out ;)

Is there a server for this up yet? I see an "S2000" server but I cannot join. Says track Unknown.

I will be back in roughly 2 hours and would love to practice some. If need be I can host for the practice tonite.

Perhaps Yves or another staff can shed some light on the server situation.

Either way practice WILL HAPPEN!!!!

I will post as soon as I get back 2 hours max

OK, since I have had five laps of practice ( 3 offline and 2 on) and I may have to work late (west coast starting time of 1800), you had better move me to the back of the reserves. If I get off early enough to get some extra practice in, I might be able to do it but I don't want to take anyone's spot. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes