RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bugger bugger, bugger.

Joined at the last minute as I over slept. Thought "sod it I'll drive the beemer" and did my first lap in the car in Qual. Very happy to be 10th as it was a scrappy lap and I was thinking "I'm not too slow in this today".

Had a decent start and tried to carefully pick my way through the cars in front. Caught Terry and he was resisting my attentions well, but I got past and closed on Bob. Gave Bob a rude bump (sorry mate) and had to close back up. B4 pitstop I was up to 4th with Gary who seemed to be struggling with his tyres. We pitted together, but I nearly lost it as I hadn't driven into the pits here b4 so wasn't sure where the Pit limit line was.

Rejoined in behind Gary and he gradually pulled away. Started to close back in once he got involved with Dan, but I couldn't catch up.

Gr8 fun and the 1st time I'd felt comfortable with the Beemer.

Race 2 and starting 5th I was hopeful. I'd lind up on the grid and wife moaned at me about our family get together this afternoon and this made me lose concentration:(. Got away ok, but down at T3 & $ IU was going to slow. Got jumped by Terry and then turned around by another car. I also got in someones way rejoining as I hadn't realised I wasn't last!!

Started my comeback from the back. Closing in quick I pitted early as there was traffic ahead. As stops were taken I was just moving into 6th when Bjorn exited the pits. We battled for several corners b4 we touched wheels into a sweeping left and I got launched towards the Oval and into the wall:confused2:. Oh well gr8 stuff from everyone.

Looking 4ward to next week already. Might give the beemer another go:).

Race 1

Got turned around by somebody going into turn 3 rejoined last finished 13th I think.

Race 2 someone re-joining after going off at turn 3 drove into me and turned me round again, re-joined last again I think, had a brilliant battle with Keith and Bob late in the race.

Not feeling 100% this morning but decided to struggle in the server late in a TDi and quickly knocked up what i now know to be a dodgy setup :).
Plopped the car on 12th in qually and away we go....all a bit of a blur early on,literally like the parting of the seas ahead as cars seemed to simply clear the track is i arrived :),the next thing i know im in 5th,nice late showdown with Dan.
A good getaway for race 2 and some good fortune picking a good path and all nice and clean,i think i claimed a place or two on the first lap,cant remember what lap,...but at the final turn another TDi (Buxto?)and a red and white Honda (C. Sykes?) are just ahead and im almost tucked under the Honda's back left corner on a lower line from the 2 ahead,but the TDi leading our trio drifts up too high and clips the wall a bit and bounces back slightly with a loss of momentum,the Honda then swerves sharp left to clear this,then proceeds to wrap his car around my front bumper and disappears,all in a flash of an eye!,i was disappointed when it happened,but i am comfortable within myself i done no wrong,but still dont like to see anyones races ruined for any reasons...
Plodded on to the midway point,my tyres now in ruins like race one,i think others misfortunes put me up to 3rd after pits then up to 2nd,i could close on Stirb while i had tyres,but never enough to challenge,then the tyres went again and my drop back was instant and dramatic,so 2nd will do :).
Im sure SimBin have made the TDi more heavy on its tyres like its real life counterpart?,or is it just my snide setup and manky driving? :).

Thank You D. Buxton and RD

Yves ... not sure I mentioned this before mate, but you picked a bad night for muscle cars - half the UK crowd and a lot of Europe I guess are sat in front of the telly watching Top Gear.
Stick them on another night and I will bet this event would be miles more poplular :wink2:

The only way i think you will get a package deal is if you stay an add on behind i think you are able to get the package with stcc and race on for $30 which is about a savings of $15 from buying them both separate but really what true race fan wont spend $24 on them selves around Christmas for a game they will love and enjoy lol or you can order the package for $30 and try selling off Race07 and Stcc on e-bay then you may end up getting race on for free.

Or like Eric k suggested b4 apply for a credit card use it to buy race on and you get a $30 credit the first time you use it that means you get the game for free i wish i lived in the USA so i had the chance to do that. http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcar...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=502102611&pf_rd_i=507846

Thx Buxto for another grt event and RD for the hardware....Cheers :fwd::fwd::fwd:

Quailed 6th, again very tight as those around me were all seperated by a 10th or 2, brill.

Race 1: Not a good start and again those pesci beamers fly of the line. Lost a place, I think or maybe 2, but we all head into T1 and much curtsey given, well as much as you can without giving too much away and losing places, now with about 12 cars all going for the same piece of tarmac at T2,3 and 4 there was bound to be a bit of nudging, but all seemed fair ennough and most managed to get through. Now with some fallers at T1&2 the rest settled down into race mode and the next few laps were about consolidating your position. Now the race is on to catch and be caught, this was the position I was in, catching those in front and being caught by those behind. Tried a couple of moves in T3 but had to pull out so not to take my competitor out. In the process got a few taps behind, no probs Philip just down to racing mate, then on lap 5 after watching Gary & Strib fighting for 3rd place, I came accross a spun Strib at T1 and could do nothing to avoid hitting him as I was already commited to the corner, sorry dude. Now in all but last place as enging stalled, I started my come back. 5 laps till I pit & on lap 8 I'm uptp 14th as some are already pitting. I have a couple of cars in front which I'm starting to catch and manage to get 1 of them before the end of the lap. That puts me upto 11th as more cars are pitting to change tyres. Now one of those coming out of the pits is Dan in his volvo on fresh rubber. On lap 9 we touch on one of the oval bends as Dan takes a tighter line and I'm slightly higher but still going for the apex. On lap 10 we touch again, hey Dan, what do you get when you mate and Honda and a Volvo? A Honvo. No damage done mate, all good. So on lap 10 I'm upto 8th now and pitting. Out of the pits and now 14th I have a convoy of 5 cars ahead of me. I have 10 laps to improve my position and push hard for the first few laps to get close to them. On lap 14 get another place as someone is pitting and as the 4 in front start to fight each other I pick up another spot as Martin goes of track. Now in 12th place and on lap 15 pick up 2 spots as Akon a Bjorn come together. On lap 16 after a slight tap on Jelle at T3, I always seem to be able to take a tighter line there, half way round the lap he makes a mistake and goes off track and I gain another postion. Now in 9th bring it home but on the last lap had to back out a lot as nearly run out of fuel, just enough to cross the line, few. Gr8 race guys.

Race 2: Starting from 9th with Buxton on pole, got a decent start and managed to get 3 spots by T1. Into T3 and I pick up another 1 as Phil misses a gear or something. Now in 5th and with Gary and Buxton in front, Gary goes for a late braking manovure on David but over shoots and I pick up his spot. Now in 4th and following the Buxton who at times is all over the place, David, do you like your women like your cars, loose? Now this is still lap 1 and I give Dave a slight tap in one of the last corners as he is a bit wide but no harm done and he's still ahead. Due to this Gary is right on my tail and looking to make a pass but I manage to fend him off. Still lap 1 and shadowing Dave onto the banking going onto the start finish straight and again he's out of shape and hits the wall, I don't realise this untill it's to late and try to aviod him but in doing so cut accross Gary's line and he tags me and I'm off into the inside wall. No probs Gary not ur fault mate, bring it to a halt and a few cars go by but unfortuately Chris ploughs straight into me, again no fault of Chris's and sorry mate for ruining your race. Now in last place with a puncture, sus damage and no front aero I have to make a complete lap before I can pit. I do this and change the puctured wheel but don't realise at the time I have no front aero and have to pit again and too tricky to drive. At the same time I fix suspension also and run a lonely race on my own. The only consiolation is I manage to beat my quali time by 6 10ths, 1:35 dead.

I had a grt time today even though race 2 was a wash out, but hey that's what racing all about, the racing init.

See ya all next week for another installment of the sunday morning club.

Nearly forgot, thax to all those that raced today, without you guys there would be no racing.. cheers :fwd::fwd::fwd:

Plus it'd be good if we stayed away from the overly long tracks, and kept it to the shorter ones like Mantorp, etc... :sidefrown:

Rhys me and Eric have talked about short tracks and we have observed that there is more incidents on shorter track due to the fact that its harder to pass and you have to be more agressive to make a pass. so we took the decision to avoid short tracks to minimize incidents.

keep in mind that usually shorter tracks are more bumbier then regular track so in a way it harder to set the car and to be more stable and that the curves are tighter and closer to each other.

on a side note i find that there is too much contact as it is now ( i have my share ), i have nothing against wanting to compete but the RC goal is to have fun driving the car around the track while racing others in a clean and fair way. everybody is fair as they all obey the golden rule but the clean part is lacking a bit imo, giving room to each other even if it mean loosing a position should be the way to go, in any case if you are faster then the guy that just pass you, you,ll get your chance to pass him back later in the race. another thing is the cutting, i regulary see guy's cut the track and gain an advantage from it while others try their best not to cut and are as fast.

you will all remember 2 weeks ago i proposed to use other car class for the Friday event and i want to clarified why i proposed it. many members have asked for a second US event and i gladdy did it, first week wasn't so bad in terms of sign up but the second week i did i had none, zero, zip sign up and only one post in the thread telling how great was the track. if a second event was asked it think its because some people wants to race other cars then the S2000 and taking that there is the ATCC season 2 after the holidays, that the Aussies have there own WTCC event on Sunday and that the euro guy's can race the WTCC each week on a prior day i thought that the US/AUS event could be use to explore other cars in between ATCC seasons since i will not waste my time posting another event when people don't care about it.

For some unknown reason, the configuration app for the sim generally says there is more graphic card memory than really exists. In my case, I have 512 Mb, yet the config.ini said I had 991. It also said I had less system memory than installed.

Edit the config.ini (located in My Documents/SimBin/Race07 [or whatever flavor you have installed]

edit the following to reflect reality
SYSTEMRAM=2047
VIDEORAM=991

You also need to correct the "Video RAM: 512 MB" line in the sysinfo.txt to reflect correct graphics card memory. Otherwise the next time you start the sim, it will default to the config.ini will change to the memory in the sysinfo.txt

If you ever re-set your graphics configuration, you will need to re-fix the 2 files.

This info is buried in the middle of the huge thread Does RACE On freeze your pc sometimes?

Im intrigued....what did you do?

Good observations. I also think that, since the races are limited to 12 laps (with a mandatory pit-stop) this also adds to the "impatience" many drivers have about the need to "force" a pass (especially on the opening lap).

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the format, just an observation on how it affects some drivers.

The reasons I enjoy the cars we are running are that they are fairly evenly matched, fairly easy to drive consistently (with a proper setup) - though still challenging. These add up to good close racing and allows more newbies to get up to speed racing with others. I've run a few other club events here with different cars (when my schedule allows) and I have found the WTCC/STCC events to be the best overall for all skill level racers.

Now if I had to real life (i.e., job to pay the bills) and had the time to devote to learning more difficult to handle cars and setups, I might have a different take. But as it is, I just barely make it happen with the cars we are driving in these events.

BTW: The track choices have been excellent. Keep up the good work!

Rhys me and Eric have talked about short tracks and we have observed that there is more incidents on shorter track due to the fact that its harder to pass and you have to be more agressive to make a pass. so we took the decision to avoid short tracks to minimize incidents.

keep in mind that usually shorter tracks are more bumbier then regular track so in a way it harder to set the car and to be more stable and that the curves are tighter and closer to each other.

Gary and Buxton in front, Gary goes for a late braking manovure on David but over shoots and I pick up his spot.
Tell me about it :D I knew Gary was going for the move so I braked a little earlier to give as much room as possible as I was off my normal line. All I saw was a flash going past :wink:
David, do you like your women like your cars, loose?
I hate this track. I never take the same line through 90% of the corner and constantly struggle.
I was surprised I fighting for 4th place tbh. Got my worst ever finish in the WTCC's today. 8th. Enjoyed the fun as always :thumb:

EDIT: Also, thank you to everyone for pitting after I forgot to select forced pitstop option :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back