RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

HEy guys justa friendly reminder about the contact while racing rule here at RD.

If you contact somebody causing them ot go off track or offline and slow the progress, your REQUIRED to wait for the driver you punted.

This Friday crew has been a VERY CLEAN and SPORTSMAN like group of drivers and we need to keep it like this in the future.

Too much banging and running last week. Do you really want to risk your future at RD or in the ATCC etc. on a hit n run?

Lets try to do the right thing so we all have a fair and enjoyable experience while racing.

This was short for me:(

Made one of my most awesome starts, from 10th to 3rd. Man it was awesome!
After that I spun in the 1st chicane, along with Dietmar who had the same coloured car:)
Then I came back, but in the 2nd chicane István was coming back to the track in 90(!) degree, came right across the track and I couldn't avoid him! Race over for me.
Disappointing.

Lol not my week in Simracing

Got Pole don't know how it did that. At start some of you guys remind me that there is a change that the game got the wets in when it was dry. But was to late and was already on the grid with the wets. So the first corner is slided everywhere and ended in the gravel to place 17th. Fought my way back to 10th but in lap 5 i ended the fast chicane and someone spun in front of me and reacted to quick wich resulted that the car started spinning and i hit the wall and race over. Lol a week to forget. :wink2:

This is an old write up I made regarding Friday races. Its outlines the basics.

Hey guys, this is a quick summary of how things should go tonite for this race. It involves setting up prerace, racing, ettiquete, and a few other reminders.

Practice:

Here you should be getting a handle on your car, whether it is wet or dry. Get comfortable racing around others, and get your awareness up.

You should also be practicing your pit stops. As with all Friday races we require a mandatory 2 tire stop each race. The practice will help you with pit entry, and prevent you from getting a stop and go because of speeding into pit lane.

With this in mind during practice you should set a few presets. Here are exmaples of mine:

1) Two dry front tires
2) All four dry tires
3) Damage repair

Setting these presets will decrease your chances of having a problem when pitting.

Also it is beneficial to practice both with full race fuel, and with qualifying fuel. Running all your practice with 5-10 litres of fuel will not help when you put in your 30 litres for race time as it adds weight and changes the car.

Qualifying:

We run 15 minutes of Super pole which is an individual qualification. When you leave the pits you have 3 laps and they are as follows:

1) Outlap - Used to warm up tires. Also do not damage car this lap :)
2) Hotlap - Your one and ONLY lap to qualify with. It is sometimes better to relax a bit so you do not make a mistake and run off leaving you with a poor qualification and bad starting position
3) Inlap - A cool down lap which you run and enter the pits when finished , you can hit escape when done your hotlap, but it is more fun and real to finish the inlap and also gives you another chance to practice pitting in.

****WHEN YOU ENTER THE TRACK, ONCE YOU RETURN TO PITS, EITHER BY ESC OR DRIVING IN YOU CANNOT GO BACK ON TRACK****

Warmup:

Use this session to get comfortable with race fuel, and to once again practice you pit stops. At this point make sure you have all your presets set in place, and you are comfortable and ready to race. Also a good time to hit the bathroom!

Race:

Now the Friday events have such large fields, on track behaviour is critical. Because one aggresive move, doesnt just affect you and one car, but more like 5-10 cars. Remember this! Everyone is here to have fun just like the other, but think about how one move takes the fun out of it for another. We all like to do well, and make passes, but think of the big picture. Races are decent length, with changing weather, and with pit stops. Things happen and the race unfolds. Let it get there, use caution the first lap.

A few rules of thumb when around multiple cars.

1) Be aware of cars behind, and their position. Do not just think about the car in front. The car behind is just as important
2) When changing lanes to pass, or miss cars ran off, check before changing
3) If you are defending, and attempting to block. You can only make one lane change. There is no swerving to block
4) If a car has a run on you and you see him go inside, BE AWARE. You cannot just turn into a car that is fully beside you (and I mean nose to nose beside you). He is there, and you have to concede position. More then likely if you turn into him and he is there you are going off and your race is hindered
5) When entering pits do so in a safe manner that does not cause obstructions for others.
6) When re-entering the track from the pits, please do so in a safe manner. However rememeber that you ARE racing for position. Remain behind the line until it breaks, but do not pull a Schumacher and swerve into the lane of a full speed car. (this ends in sorrow)
7) When you are receiving the blue flag, do not panic. Have a look behind and see how close, and plan for a safe spot to allow them by. You do not need to jam your brakes on. Simply back off the throttle off the race line and they will find their way as they are at full pace.

That is all I can think of for now, but I wanted to share this with everyone as we have started having alot of new players join us. I know this is just a refresher for some, but also at the top is a bit of strategy that I use prerace.

I suggest to everyone that races on fridays to use teamspeak, even if you dont have a Mic. It is beneficial, because if someone runs off they announce it, and it gives early warning. Even if you leave it on but on quiet.

Also everyone prerace please remember to download the Most recent skinpack.

Thanks to all the new guys for trying out racing with us, and to all the regulars who race week in week out. I see big things coming for these friday nights and its all because of you guys.

Hope this Summary helps out, I will repost is for each event.

Keith Barrick

Practice:- 6th
Quali:- 12th on Race fuel
Race:- T1 went off... Grrrrrr! Ended up back in 20th. Worked my way up into 9th before getting onto the wet line and all over :(

Looking at the race times I had the 2nd fasted lap :lol:

Oh well. Better luck next time :nod:

This was short for me:(

Made one of my most awesome starts, from 10th to 3rd. Man it was awesome!
After that I spun in the 1st chicane, along with Dietmar who had the same coloured car:)
Then I came back, but in the 2nd chicane István was coming back to the track in 90(!) degree, came right across the track and I couldn't avoid him! Race over for me.
Disappointing.

yeah, but I got a puncture, crawled to the pit lane, came back last and had everybody to let pass (blue flag). Went of one or more time and than started catching up. At some point Jelle spun out of the pit lane, could not avoid him, that finished my race.

Was fun as long as it lasted.

• Bert Van Waes

lovely stuff, ran at the 4th till 8 spot and enjoyed fighting some new faces. Good stuff. Then inded wet lines burried my face into stop/gos, crashes etc. And it was over.

Tx buxto mate, doing it wright :) hoplaaaaaa

Fun night - thanks guys.

I managed several laps, then I got on the slippy stuff in the first turn and watched as it slid into the barrier and totalled :)

Enjoyed watching everyone 'coping' with the rain late in the race too *grins*

Bugger me I won it! :first:

What is going on here???
Me ... 3 wins in two nights, I must apologise for my out of character actions people :eek: :D

Had about 10 mins this afternoon on the server and cobbled some setup together, then joined during quali, dropped in 5th or so.
Race ... flew off the line, had not noticed track was damp till I saw all the spray, but then RTT told me off path was not a place I wanted to be, but on path was dry - so I bolted through some first corner shenanigans, and ended up 2nd behind Nigel.
He threw it all over the place near the end of the lap, so I was up front and had a couple of seconds buffer.
Knowing it was a long race I just settled into a steady rythm, but the pole sitter Henrick was on my case. Tried holding him off but figured I would not push it too hard as there was a long way to go, and I was carrying a full load of fuel (pit strat later :D), so he got in front after a couple of laps.
I was doing ok at keeping on his tail, but then lost it and 360º'd somewhere or other, losing a lot of ground.
Was still in 2nd, so floored it and kept going. Mr Palmer was there, so I chased him and got past (once or was it twice ... dunno) ... anyway, great bit of company from him for a few laps, but had a big weird moment with the arse end of the car, kept sliding all over the place and had a mind of its own - sorry for holding you up there bud!
Anyways ... Steven S&G'd I presume, and I carried on, Henrick did some weird manouvre on the start finish straight and disappeared shortly afterwards, so I was back in front and a fair way up on 2nd.
Rain was forecast, but did not come ... I was driving around on totally shredded tyres just waiting for the rain ... but it didn't come ... so I waited ... and still no rain ... then I waited ... and eventually RAIN!!!!!!
I pitted with about 8 laps of fuel left, dribbled some fuel in to get me to the line and stuck my wets on.
First couple of laps they started getting hot, as there was only a bit of rain coming down ... but then as the race wore on, the rain came in true style, and I took advantage of a light fuel load and new wet tyres to pull out a lead at the line of 1min 29 seconds over Lawrence.

Am I happy with this one??? You bet.

Gratz to everyone driving tonight, esp the finishers - thanks to all the guys letting me through without any hassles ...

Another most excellent evening's entertainment, thanks RD and Mr and Mrs Buxxo for setting this one up and doing us proud with some real mixed weather conditions! :thumb:

Started last finished third but most important was the absolute fun to be had in these weather conditions. Lap 1 was a mish mash of spinners and crashes which I almost avoided but lost so much time was almost 30 secs behind next car, but after that things settled and was a case of keep it steady. Started with a full tank which worked out great as it was time for wets when my pitstop came round.

Only bad spot was a phone call meaning I had to do half a lap in 2nd gear, but overall was fantastic!

Thanks Dave for setting up.
Thanks Mrs Dave for setting weather.
Thanks RD for hosting.

See ya all next week.

That was an absolute HOOT :)

Had a good quali and was looking forward to the race, I quite like Magny Cours. The start was not to good as all the even numbered cars were on the damp part of the track and predictably didn't get the best of starts. But thanks to people falling off all over the place I was upto 2nd at one point when all the pain started. Lets just says by lap 11 I had visited the pits 5 times. Lee you must of had that De ja vu feeling, everytime i went in the pits you went wizzing by. When I did manage to keep it on the road I had an excellent time behind Mr McQueen :wink2: but sadly 3 laps down. Still I hung on in there praying for rain to get my stop out the way. It didn't come but gambled on wets anyway and had to drive off the racing line for a good number of laps just to keep them cool. I've never been so glad to see the rain come down. Tyres cooling and people binning it everywhere I was chuffed to finally finish the race albeit in 10th, felt like a podium after the race I had just had.

Well done to the Rainmeister Lee, Laurence and Bob rounding out the podium.

Was good to be back after so many weeks out :good:

:thanks::thanks::thanks:and 1 more....:thanks:

Well where does one start, firstly by thanking the guy who put on this spectacle, a big thanks your Highness, and second to the people who support the infrastructure, thanks RD, grt work!!!

Another grt racing event, it had everything, sun, damp & rain, don't think there much else needed, oh ya, racers, thx guys.

Didn't really do the quali thing as I was setting up for the race but still managed 20th. I know some never bothered either, Lesbos, but made a half decent start and was mindful that those up front where probably going to get into some trouble and sure enough there were cars littering the side of the track at T1. Tried to avoid as many as posible but in doing so got hit up the back which resulted in me getting some suspension damage. Carried on and managed to get up as far as 7th, man it was slippery, and duly lost it in the middle chicane and gave myself a puncture. Got back to the pits and changed all 4 tyres and came out nearly last and proceeded to make up some places untill my pitstop. Came out in 9th and managed to get upto 8th before stopping for wets when the hevens opened, now back to 9th but managed to get upto 7th untill the last but 1 lap when I lost the backend going through the chicane onto the start finish straight. It cost me a place which I fought hard to get back but run out of laps in the end.

Nice job Dave, it did make for an exciting race with all that unpredictable weather around. Hope we can do it again sometime.

Wow nearly forgot, thanks to all those that took part, grt racing.

Martin must have thought the race was ending one lap earlier than it was, I came across theline to start the last lap to see skid marks everywhere and the gap was greatly reduced.

:) I did, you know how the computer takes over the car at the finish, well I did the usual try and throw it sideways across the line so the computer struggles to keep hold of it, except I hit the wall and had a mad frantic moment to get going again :) serves me right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes