RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thank you David and RD, a long but well driven event!

Well, how was I supposed to know the SEAT was a slug? I drove it once to test and the gears all worked!

I was so slow in practice, how slow?
So slow that I didn't even go out to qualify.

R1: Out for a nice little Thursday afternoon drive, nothing to prove and on the very first lap I bump my TS buddy Mike, so sorry. I watched a few cars drive off into the sand pit, which I avoided for the most part in the first race. I had top speed on Ivo and got to pass him, fun with Kurtis and a few others too. I thought I gave enough notice I was going to let him by but it didn't work out right, sorry. I did get all the rest correct!

R2: I finished a little better but had more offs to the sandbox. I think my left foot was getting tired and I was pushing on the slow pedal too hard at times.

Tiring and a not so satisfying car to drive, I should have picked a club SEAT.

Thx Mr B for an awsome night of GT racing and Thx to RD for hosting such a spectacular event.

Had a really grt night and thx to all that turned up.

Hope I didn't cause anyone any probs tonight, not at my best as have the flu but couldn't miss a GT night.

Race 1: 5th, race 2: 4th.

• Kurtis Whittle

David, no problems mate, I didn't feel squeezed. Excellent evening of racing, enjoyed it very much.

Really great last lap or two with Mike and Mark, very close and crossed the line side by side with Mark!

Thanks.

Fine event everyone, thanks :good:
Yesterday when I subscribed the event, was the only GT club inscribed, so I took the Viper in order to keep up with some of the GT Sport racers.
It was my first time with the car as I’m usually a Z4 or Vertigo virtual racer but I knew the Viper to be in a "class apart" for this kind of quick tracks and short races.
It had been well more than 6 months since I last run a GT Club, and compared with the F1 or the Extremes; damn… the Viper had an almost unstoppable monstrous inertia and going into Rivazza was a true challenge sometimes.
Did a setup just before the race, well “lose” one so I could have some fun playing it with the accelerator into/out of the corners… in race this would show to be a bit “edgy” when the tyres started to go, but fun nevertheless.

Both races were very entertaining and in both fought all race long for position within the class.

Special thanks to Bram and Daniel as they were the ones around me, thanks everyone for the fine clean races.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks RD and David for organizing the event :wink2:

Great fun tonight.

1st race i had to struggle with the GT sports for a long time, even something longer when i lost the Corvette. i had to start over again for place 8th. finished 7th.

2nd. race started on the 2nd position. Got me 1st place for a couple of seconds, but could stay a long time ahead of Ben Tusting. But finally Ben went along but i could follow for a long time. Only last 3 rounds Ben pulled a little bit away, and then i had to fight for my place (6th i believe).

Had a few attacks on Ben but i couldnt hold my car on the track so i had to fight back that many times, to try it again. As i wrote didnt succeeded.

Really like these classes whatever car i am in.

had good fun at this event. Nice racing.

Had a really quali and start to race one, think I quali'd about 17th or so, dropped down to last but one. No probs with the tap there Dennis, I recovered ok, Thanks for waiting though.

Gradually pulled myself up throught the field til I got to 13th, then had a bit of a gap - about 8/9secs or so - between me and the next driver (Bram) so started to work on getting some consistent times in. Finally started to haul Bram in and finished about 2 secs behind.

Started 13th for the next race, had a better (though still not great) start as I only dropped about 3 places. Some good tussles all the way through the race, with Bram, Kurtis and the rest of the guys. Probably pushed a little too hard early on as I was suffering with major loss of grip with about 8 mins to go. Span a couple of times and then had an epic battle trying to haul Kurtis in over the last 5 or 6 laps.

Nearly did it too! just got overexcited trying to make a move coming out of the last corner, accelerated too quick and spun it - couldnt get out of the way of Dan coming round the bend afterwards. Still good fun while it lasted and I did manage to crawl across the line before my engine gave up.

Nice one guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play