RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Michael Sharpe

Name on RSC/RPM forum: Michael Sharpe
Name in RACE07 : Michael Sharpe
Control: Keyboard
Entry Car: Chevrolet Lacetti
Special remarks: late for the party :confused: I hope not :)

Group 1

Well... not a good evening for me... :frown:

Race one the forecast was rain so I fitted the Leon with rain tires which was a very bad idea... It rained at the start but it dried very quickly. Half way through the race my tires were worn. Had a had time controlling the Seat and crashed a few laps before the finish, decided to stop right there...
Something else weird happened actually... I think I was at p.13 at some point and then all of a sudden I dropped back to p.16 without cars being anywhere near me :confused:

Started race 2 at p.16. Got hit from behind by Ricky Willox on the start straight which was totally unnecessary. And then got hit hard 3 corners later by Ricky again... decided to quit because of my state of mind at that moment... :biggrin: I know I was stuck on track after race one so that might have something to do with it, I hope it has...

One other thing as well. There are a lot of French people online as well, which is very cool :cool:, but could you guys please chat in English? I think it is very impolite talking in French all the time. It's no problem to say something in your native tongue sometimes but you can overdo it. :wink:

Nice close races, thanks for everybody!

Qualy: got nice challenge from Alonso for the pole, could grab it by just 0.1 sec.

Race 1: horror start, dropping back to 2nd, still in 1st lap could get back to the lead, but after for 2 consecuitve laps i mseed the braking to the last corner, getting the car sideways, giving away the lead to Alonso by 2 sec. Could get back later and get in front again, after i stretched the lead a bit, so finished 1st.

Race 2: very very nice race, very close, but fair all the way. ok there were some paint scratching, but it is almost unavoidable in such a tight circuit when goin 3 car wide to a corner... lol was very hard to work my way through, but finally could get into 2nd, by that time Jari was way in front some 5 sec lead with 10 laps to go, so no any real chance to cath him (but at least i tried, it was category almost... lol)

Thanks again for everybody, was fun races again tonight!

• Erik Åhlen

Race 1: Forecast said rain, but track looked dry so put on dry tyres. And indeed that was the right choice. I spent the first few laps behind Canuck and Baron. Was a little bit confused on what tyres they were on but figured out quite quickly that they were on rain tyres. Then passed Canuck just using higher speed through the last turn and on the next lap I did the same thing to Baron. So I was first on lap five or six. Had some adventures in the gravel traps but otherwise pretty calm race. Won by ten seconds.

Race 2: Ran in second early. Then had some weird problems with my straightlinespeed (not the first time). Both Baron and Greg could get up alongside me really easy. Guess I might have to buy some new equipment :) Finished second after Greg had some fun off track :)

First overall, whoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play