RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Edward Leake

Someone REALLY needs to help me with my pit system.

Everytime I enter for fuel or tyres, I select the fuel amount and confirm, it doesn't fill up?

35 minutes in I pit from 6th place and this happens ... gutted again. :(

Had a crap qualifying session whereby the rain meant I couldn't do better than 11th.

In the race I droped a place after turn 2, wrestled back up to 8th slowly, held it there for some laps on my own in clear air, started to lose 9th place comfortably and gain on 7th then I make a mistake and got a dread STOP & GO penalty... back down to 15th. I then fight my way back up to 11th with a brilliant (if I do say myself) move on the 2nd to last corner, JUST out braking the car and turning in without contact, also kept momentum until the next corner.

Slowly increased pace where I crept away from the cars behind, as others pitted I worked up to 6th and then 5 laps later when I need to make my last pit stop, went in and couldn't re-fuel. :(

Even with a STOP & GO penalty I managed to work my way back up, gradully and without making any serious mistakes (off track). Really, really, enjoying myself up until the fueling problem.

Top stuff again, just hope next time I actually manage to work the pit stop system! :D

ok this wasn't my race at all lol managed a not too bad qualif with a 9th place on the starting grid but then came mistake after mistake. first forgot to adjust my fuel load so went on the starting grid with only fuel for 5 laps :drama: then when i went to the pit to only found out ( or should i saw remember ) that the usual keyboard for menu navigation wasn't map for that purpose, i've changed them to try the new flight cam so got out of the pit with only fuel for 5 laps again :doh: so i said f... it at less i will finish the race. in my out lap got to close to a slower guy ( sorry Yassen for hitting you ) and hit him and he lost control and put me side way and that was the result ( lovely pic isn't lol ) ending up my race with 2 front flat tyres putting me out of my misery :amen:

Attachments

• accident.jpg
    accident.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 185
What an event great show. Well from my point things didn't go well but thats what you get when you don't have time to practice. Qualified 22 /25 so not bad. The race was fantastic but only managed to come 19 /25 but I finished with a smile on my face and thats what counts.

That was again a great race !
Qualified in 4th position. First half of the race was really amazing! I tried to come closer to Ludwig and at the same time had the pressure from Attila behind me. Then I had to make a pitstop and there it again went wrong, made a mistake in my pitstop and needed to stop again, luckily I had enough fuel for another lap. 2nd pitstop was good, but was far behind the top of the field. Had at the end a nice battle with D.Lemon, and finished 6th.
Grats to Ludwig for winning the race.

Started 19, got to 10 with 2 or 3 laps, lost on the 5th lap at the first corner dropped 12th behind L Lemon. Fought with him for 10 laps, passed-repassed every 2 laps or so, pitted came out 14th or so. End up behind Moran who was 11th, fought with him till the end of the race, passed him on the 2nd to last lap.

Never really got away from anyone, so had no time to relax, very tiring and sweated terribly from the tension.

Sorry to whoever i chopped when i was entering the pits.

Well, i did not thought that it is physically possible to make it til the end with 1 tank of fuel, but Ludwig and Gary managed it, well done for the eco mode driving guys, i got only 4th like this... looooool (plus Henrik was ahead as well with pitstop, but he was flying today, so that does not count... lol)

Qualy: only 3rd, weather tricked everybody, after first 5 minutes started to rain, so who did not put a decent lap very early on... loooool last 10 minutes or so started to dry up again, but could manage only 0.5 sec slower still

Race: nice start, got up to 2nd, but was bit too cautios it seems at the early laps, since both Ludwig and Patrick passed me, did not want to fight too much also, thought it is a long race.... lol
Spent most of my time at the first half right behind Patrick, then when he and Henrik made pit we were running 1-2 with Ludwig, he being some 5-6 second ahead of me, thought i am standing good... well it did not turned out to be.... lol
Made pit at around 2/3 of the race as i planned,, when i got out i was 5th, thought ok, no problem maybe others will pit later...
Yves was ahead of me some 15 sec, but he was on very warn tyres i think, i could catch up quite rapidly, and passed him (as he let me clearly before fast chicane)

Then running 4th, end is approachin, Ludwig 1st, still no pit, Gary 2nd, still no pit... Henrik 3rd, me 4th, thought ok, lets wait still, it is impossible to make it with 1 tank...

Eventually Henrik passed Gary for 2nd, i was behind Gary wih some 20 sec 10 mintues to go, still waiting for him to pit... nothing... i was closing in quite fast, but clearly not enough time to catch up completely... when there was only 2 minutes left, and Gary asked in chat if it is ok not to pit i started to wonder, what the... is he running diesel or what... looooool

So at the end still closed until 6-7 sec, but thats all i could manage, P4. :)

Nice race, pit strategy needs some more practise and trials it seems.... :)

Thansk for the race guys, it was nice.

Qual: 5th Finish: 3rd

Qual was a strange thing with the early rain shower,glad i got in an early good lap for 3rd row start and away good and clean with everyone around me,infact the entire front 5 seemed break away the best from the start,behind Patrick watching him apply pressure and pass Atti,then i found myself closing in on Atti,and a good run down the chicane,but not enough beside to attempt a pass,but still i could keep with his pace,until he settled and pulled the pin and got away and chased Patrick down,my new worries were Yves closing in rapidly,we exchanged positions a few times over many laps,i think he made a small mistake somewhere and the gap got bigger,then i got to settle down again and build some more comfort gap.
I was always confident the Mini would make it on a tank full,but just unsure if it was allowed,the tyres lasted better than expected too and the fuel warning came on the last lap,so still some spare in the tank to cross the line 3rd,good fun clean racing with very nice polite blue flag guys :thumb:.

Many Thanks RD

These long mini races are great craic hope there's one next week again!!!

Qual: 8th

Got a great start and was lying 7th behind Yves M. and Gary L. they pulled away about 5 secs by lap 7 but then started to swap paint and i'd caught up by lap14, pitted on 17 and came back on track not much in front of Patrick D. who'd had problems with his pit stop, he eventually reeled me in and I was expecting him to dissapear but we had a good clean scrap right to the flag, grats to ludwig for another great drive :D

Yep Gary i went wrong in the fast chicane.. and i could make it up again. had the same prob with the tires at the end. and i'm not used to
drive that long either.

Attii i though it was better to let you pass because you were way to fast the last 20 min, if i holded you up a pit, the others might be coming fast from behind also. But i was able to hold the 5th pos till the end.

Today I had my first long race, with the minis. Qualified on 7. position. Then I forgot to change, after qualy, the tyres from wet-tyres to slicks, lol so I started with tyres for rain. I decidet then to made the pit stop in 2.lap. Unfortunally I thougt I can handle a pit stop, but stupid me was not able to handle it :doh:. Finaly on the 3. stop I realised, that I must first accept the fuel and tyres, then it was working , lol . So after that I was on the last positons around.
Finaly I caught up and ended on the 14 place.

Now i´m more clever then before and I´m looking forward to the next mini event :thumb:

First time I've driven the Mini in Race07 and blimey did it show:p My goal was to stay out of trouble and not wreck anyone's race and I think I managed for the 50 mins I raced. Ducked out in the end as I thought I was chancing it a little and felt sure I might take someone out. Luckily I didn't:thumb: Had some nice chases with a few of my fellow back-markers but my inexperience must have been evident. Actually preferred it in the rain during qually, felt good to handle in the wet.

Must practice more in the Mini and hope you fellas don't mind if I join the odd event to gauge my progress.

Thanks for a fun and stress free night:thumb:

Simon.

What a laugh, but man am I knackered after that!!!

Got the start times all messed up so thought that there was another hour of practice and another quali sesh before the real race started :doh:

Qualified badly and "deep" on the grid (16th or worse I think!) and was still figuring out turns 1-4, plus the chicane, plus the entire track really!!
Also realised I needed to change my setup big-time, but didn't have enough time to do it before race started :doh:

OK ... so start light goes out, being an endurance race I figured I would just hold it steady, try to avoid early collisions and see what happened ... first few corners have Michael I think in the black mini (??) getting a bit feisty with me ... kept my line and held it steady whilst holding my own against him, got the better of him as he swung around trying to push his way past me, but in my elation I messed up, went wide and he stole the position back :doh:

Anyhow, race goes on ... some great battles in first 30 mins and am running strong and steady just outside top 10 somewhere, no major moments, just good clean racing, swapping places and staying in touch with the two guys around me ... :cool:

Then my pit ... OMG what a disaster!!

• 50 litres of fuel instead of 25 ... :doh:
  • I get a stop and go (guess on entering pit lane was too fast?) ... :doh:
  • next lap I came back in pits for stop and go ... but misread screen and cancelled it by accident :doh:
  • came back in for stop and go again ... managed to do it this time ... but lost well over 1.5 laps with all this :doh: :doh: :doh:
  • found myself back in damn near last after all that :hurt:

Car then felt like a beached whale with all the extra fuel on board, but I sorted my head out and battled on (after a couple of very annoyed and demotivated laps :rolleyes:).

A few folk overdid it and I caught back up to the guys I had been fighting with in first half of the race ... but then it got tricky ... I was now faster than them (learnt track a bit better, race laps ~2 sec faster than my quali time, even with extra fuel load!), but kept getting blue flagged when I went past 'em ... :doh:
Unfortunately I didn't have enough on them to make a clear run past and get away, so tried not to mess up their race, but also had to be careful not to lose too much time myself whilst handing the track back to them ...
Very tricky times ... especially with the front runners now coming through as well :doh:

Anyhow ... finished up 15th ... not bad after all the non-driving related screw ups I made!!

Am rather proud of my driving though [Lee pats himself on the back 'cos no one else will :wink:] ... I think I was very consistent without having or causing any major moments, got wayyy faster than I was in quali as the race progressed ... and had great fun (except when pitting).

Congrats you boys at the front, and thanks all for an excellent race ... all very fair and above board from what I saw of it! :thumb:

• I get a stop and go (guess on entering pit lane was too fast?) ... :doh:
  • next lap I came back in pits for stop and go ... but misread screen and cancelled it by accident :doh:
  • came back in for stop and go again ... managed to do it this time ... but lost well over 1.5 laps with all this :doh: :doh: :doh:
  • found myself back in damn near last after all that :hurt:
Same thing for me!
That was a very bad race for me, quali 15th at more that 1s of my best time. Bad 1st lap where i lost 6 places.
In the 2nd or 3rd lap, Jarrod has lost the control in front of me me in the T1, i'm very sorry because I was not able to avoid him, and i have broken my suspension. After 12 laps, i came in pits and the same thing as Lee Downham arrived at me.:Cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes