RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First of all, I have to apologize for my not really fair and clean racing. I didn't feel comfortable about the car on this track, don't know why, usually I like driving with Caterham a lot, and I like this track as well, but probably not this combination.

Race 1
In the first lap, I spin in one of the chicane, stopped there and Robin Cook hit me, really sorry, it was totaly my mistake. Then after a couple of laps I spin in one of the turn, and again stopped on the track and Grégory Cogotti hit me, really sorry. After that, the car felt a bit nervous, especially under braking (so big problem on this track) spin couple of times and after that I decided to drive slow and very carefully, because I didn't want to cause another problems and finisth in the last place. So again, sorry everyone.

Race 2
A little bit better, but in the first lap it seems that in first chicane were many cars in problems, so I decided to cut this corner, but after that I got Stop & Go penalty. Now, when I watch a replay, I know that there was plenty of space, so I din't need to cut the corner, but there was so much steam, so I think, that there was a huge problems. And I want to apologize to Robin Cook again, because he decide to cut the corner too, and I hit him a little, sorry. Then I had some close racing with Robin Cook, but I needed to go to pits (because the penalty), but fortunately, the entry/exit to pits on this track are very short and fast. After a couple of laps, I overtake some cars and finaly I was on 8th position in finish.

I want to apologize to Robin Cook again, because I cause him many problems in both races, sorry.

Thank you Yves, RD and everyone :good:

Sign me up plz...should be fun :)

Eh??

24wallpaper1.jpg

• Chris Gallop

Firstly Thanks to Yves and RD for organising the race and to all the drivers for considerate racing.

R1. Having qualified 6th (I think) and running 4th by the end of lap 1 was fully expecting to start heading backwards, I was amazed to be just behind the leaders for a couple of laps and then battling with Yves for 3rd after a he made a mistake.

As it was my first race and not really 'knowing' correct procedures and abilities, I let him have 3rd without much fight (and given the speed he drove away from me, I think it was the best idea), but while trying to keep pace with him I started making mistakes which let Nigel start catching me.
So it went until the last lap where the pressure got too much for me and I outbraked myself into the very slow 2nd gear left hander. Turning onto the final straight we were side by side, but I was too busy looking to my right to remember to change gear, which let him rocket past to take my 4th :(
Great race Nigel and grats on your consistancy.

R2. This was pretty much a wash out for me.
Heading into the T1 in 4th I was wheel to wheel with someone, which then touched in the braking zone spinning me out. I rejoined near the back of the pack and started making up places until I came to pass Stefan, who had run off the track and on rejoining cut across the track causing a huge collision between the both of us. (Apology accepted BTW, was too busy limping to the pits to type)
After limping to the pits for repairs and rejoining in last again, I again began making up places until I met my mate Robin, with his huge understeer in the final section, passing him was easy, but I was then too busy looking at R.T.T for the gap to the guy infront to see the fast right in the final sector and simply drove off the track and unable to brake intime to miss the wall.
With dead suspension and 1 lap left I was determined to beat Robin (we have a strong friendly rivaly), but the damage was too much and steering right to stay straight and braking prove too much for my fingers on a gamepad and spun off into a wall and killed my car :(

For my first race, it was a good one and I shall be returning for more.

If anyone has had the patience to read this far, would you clarify the corner cutting rules for me please.
I read there should always be two wheels on the track, yet when I spectated some qualifying laps, I noticed alot of corner cutting, is this OK during qualifying, but frowned upon during races or what?

I want to apologize to Robin Cook again, because I cause him many problems in both races, sorry.
No worries mate. i had someone to the left of me on that chicane and it was either plow headon in to you or take the grass and just as i did you pulled forward. just bad luck :D

Thanks for the setups garry and yves. il have a peek later and hopefully learn summat.

(we have a strong friendly rivaly), but the damage was too much and steering right to stay straight and braking prove too much for my fingers on a gamepad and spun off into a wall and killed my car :(
The racing driver excuses turning up already :p Joking aside fair play mate you had a cracking 1st race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes