RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

To all of todays drivers,Bram and RD in general I apologize for my actions today which got me kicked and rightfully so,(not an excuse just an explanation I was having problems with my wheel and and just got frustrated and honestly did not even know we were in Qualifying and I never even seen Brams chat.so if you would please remove me from the racing club events I have already entered for my actions.Once again sorry to everyone for today.

I can't believe this:(.

My run in the last nights S2000's in Race 07 was ended when a bug wasn't including me in the timing and chat etc.

Now my last race for the week until next Friday started without me!!!

I take it rFactor doesn't dump you on the grid when the race is going to start like Race 07 does. I'm starting to remember why I never use this sodding game as it's less user friendly than GTR2 and Evo.

I'm gutted now as I was only going to get 3 races this week as usual during Friday and Saturday and the only one I was able to start I crashed in:(

No more races now until Friday for me.

Sorry for whinging guys just venting my frustration. I hope all of you who race 2nite have a good time and I wish I was on track with you.

See you all next week I hope:).

Had a good short preparation for this race and was confident to fight for the GT2 podium.
In qualy i was 1 tenth behind Gary and one tenth behind Vladimir Rakita.
Vladimir destroyed one very good lap in my qualification by carelessly driving from the grass onto my racing line.
Not too bad if not Bennie had also done that 2 minutes earlier when he had come out of the pits.
But still I was 3rd in GT2 ready to take the fight in the race.
I had a super race setup and also in warm-up I thought I had a very good pace and nice flow.

Race:
Lights go green and what happens?
Mr Tomicic didn't read the rules and thinks it's a standing start and bounces into my rear.
Okay, not to much damage done, I said to myself, still can be a good race.
Rolling start turns out good I am closely behind Neil (who was driving in GT1 but was stuck in between GT2's and unfortunately just ahead of me).
Neil makes a huuuge gap between Gary who was ahead of him and himself.
Then in the 2nd turn I am right next to Neil who spins and takes me out as well.
I, fighting with myself to stay calm, recover and with lost 10 seconds I wanted to start my chase after Gary and the other GT2's.
2 laps later some LMP driver is getting really unpatiently behind me and decides to overtake from the outside in the 3rd corner ( http://forum.racedepartment.com/rfactor/22411-how-overtake-slower-cars-le-mans-series.html )

Can it get any worse?

Neil who spins and takes me out as well.
sorry m8 but i did not spin, but yes the car bit when i gave it the gas but it never even got sideways never mind spin.

I need to learn how to do stop in goes :freaked-out:
I was not intending pitting as i ran with medium tyres and a full tank of fuel but i went and screwed it up at the chicane and got a puncture so had to pit and ended up with a stop and go from speeding in the pit lane. So i remmber reading that for a stop n go do not request a pit stop so this is what i did, it went fine i thought as i got the 10 second stop sign exited the pits making sure i was not speeding only to find i still had a stop n go :sad::weep: so ok we will do it again but the same happened again as the friggin stop n go is still there so i said f*** it time to get out of here :confused2:

Having a good race going for a 1 stop starting with 67L fuel and ran it down to 3L then pitted taking on 20L and some new med. tyres to finish with,by now all but 1 GT2 had retired so no rush or panic any more,still managed to get a pit speeding penalty but found it impossible to serve the penalty,i would go in and stop in pit box but the penalty wouldnt go away until i eventually got DQ after 4 attempts,i was informed after the race it was probably a drive through not a S&G which would explain it all really...
Grats to Daron-Ferry and JT Tami and ofcourse all finishers.
Many Thanks Bram and RD :good:

{I read a disturbing message along the lines of "that porsche driver needs to learn blue flags!!",spun off reading it and had a feeling it was directed at me?,i remember a couple of LMP's being less than confident and just sort of "hovering around a bit" instead of making the pass that 99% of the other cars done,the sheer volume of being lapped was crazy from very early on and i feel i stuck to the rules here on this subject which are quite clear,it seems we still have some who expect the lesser class cars to leap out of there way,that isnt and shouldnt be the case}.

Race
P2 Mazda

Wow these races are intense. I really enjoyed racing with everyone and had no major incidents with anyone on the track. However I did find myself off track several times and completely blew a well planned pit for speeding at the entrance giving me a drive through penalty. Then went in for the drive through and pulled into the pit stall which of course did another full pit and I still had to come back in for the drive through. Finished in 6th overall key word finished.

I really love this mod and had a blast racing. 1 hour is about the limit of my endurance for racing so I probably will not consider any real time events but the race tonight was perfect for me even though I was lapped several times by the very fast leaders. Grats to the podiums of each class well done. Hope I didn't mess up anyone passing me tonight. Thanks Bram great fun!

Well, that was interesting....

Ive been struggling to find a fast setup for the Panoz, it seemed inferior to the Porsches in every single way except for the braking into the chicane. It was hard making the car competative, so I decided a nice comfortable setup would work, since I couldnt go fast, might as well make sure its consistant and stays on the track.

Qual sucked for me, didnt really get a good lap in. Qualified 4th in class I think. When we start the recon lap, a Porsche nexts to me lets out the clutch about 10 seconds to early and hits the Porsche ahead of me. My first reaction was laugther, since I was outnumbered by Porsches 5-1, them taking each other out was fine by me :D

Once the race got started, a GT1 and a GT2 Porsche got in some contact coming out of T2, pushing the Porsche off. I watched as the field in front of me slowly pulled away.

I followed a Porsche up into the chicane around lap 10 or so, and the Porsche was too far on the inside, and hit one of the orange cones. He flung the cone perfectly into the air, and it hit my windshield. I thought it wouldnt be a big deal, and go through, but imagine my surprise when I get a loud "THUMP!" as it hits the car. Naturally, this scared me, and I lost control of the car and hit the tire wall lol The porsches were fighting back :D

Something was up with the server, and some cars would dissapear, and other would suddenly appear out of nowhere. Going into T1, a car appeared inside of mine and then disappeared, scaring the **** out of me. Some of the speed of the P2s was amazing, and a lot of aggressive moves were played, so I started letting them by as soon as possible. The night cycle wasnt fun, as it was 1pm over here in California, making the moniter hard to see. When there was 20 minutes to go, my hard tires, the ones I started with, were falling apart, so I decided to pit at around 15 minutes to go. I switch to medium tires, and didnt put any fuel in (started with 85 liters, was good to go). Gary, who was leading GT2, and the only other GT2 left, pit right once I left. As I came around again, he was pulling out, and I put myself a lap down, now the same lap. He pit the next lap, and I soon found myself pushing like made to get the lead. I barely beat him as he pulled out of the pits, and I pushed harder on the car. He then pit again, and I realized something was wrong. He would pit again, and finally retire. I cruised the rest of the race, finishing 9th overall and 1st in GT2. Not the way I wanted to win, but its a Panoz, and you take what you can get :D

A tale of dispare and stupidity ..........

If anyone was wondering what happened to me :)

Timing for other cars stopped working during qualifying.
Joining the grid for race one, I ended up in the car in 11th place. I could see his face in the mirror. lol
Backed out and ran into whoever was behind. "Sorry"
When race started the timer did not start !
Even though I was running and started no timing was running.
Gave up, Never mind.

Pretty well same thing happened in race two.

Anyway, I have since found the problem. I updated from Evo to stcc the day before and was still using Evo to start the game. Since then I have been using Stcc to start and no more problems.

Just another case of Silly Old Fool syndrome :damnit: :woot2:
Also, I very much enjoyed my time with you guys.

Sel ............

By the way, can anyone remind me how to turn off the loading video?

• Daron Hume

Race was lots of fun. I qualified on pole, which surprised me. I planned on doing a 1-stopper for fuel only, so I started with 60L, as I wasn't sure how fast it would burn. Pulled away off the start, using some boost. Got into traffic pretty much immediately. I tried to be careful in traffic and not make any dangerous moves; sometimes I would wait behind a car for the next straight and they would slow to let me by, which would be a little dicey but never a real problem. I think I only made very light contact with one car in the race, and my XML shows no Incident reports at all for me until after the race, which is good :)

as half-way neared, I started thinking maybe I could have done this one one full tank, because my fuel was burning off slower than I anticipated. So I turned it up to boost 4 (temps seemed to be down, too, I guess because of the night) and tried to build a gap. Pitted, only to find someone in my pit stall, but they miraculously pull out just as I arrive and cost me no time. Came out 3rd, 9 seconds off the lead. Caught 2nd and he got a little held up behind a GT car in the last turn which let me make the pass down the front straight.

Then I chased Hannu down but just couldn't pass him. Every time we'd get to a GT car I'd hope it would help me pass but usually they were so eager to move out of the way it never even impeded us. I got a run down the front straight once when Hannu went wide but I wasn't really far enough alongside. I braked hard and saw that I wasn't gonna make the corner and might slide into Hannu so I braked harder and locked the rears and spun. Luckily it spun all the way around and only cost me about 4 seconds. I caught Hannu again and he ran wide in Turn 4(? the one that leads onto the back straight) and I finally was thru with about 6 minutes left. Backed off the boost and cruised home after Hannu spun in the chicane then pitted for fuel.

Nice race :clap:

P3 of LMP2 in qualy.
Sleeped :sleepy: a bit at the start lol nearly lost one position. Was running on P3 close behind Hannu. We had a nice fight for a long time changing positions a few times :clap: Was a few scary moments when lapping LOL. Lost then the car over the curbs to aggresive and baammm a little contact with the wall, but car was ok. Lost there 9secs to Hannu. Daron on P1 already miles away lol
Tryed to find a good rythm, closed the gap a bit but then lost a few seconds while a few lapping cars was in the way.
Looking at fuel omg nearly could finish without pitting just 5-6 liters more :damnit: Saw then Hannu pitting and 2 laps later pits for me. 2mins left and 2l in my tank LOL
Prepared all in the pit menu just a quick splash and dash 3secs was planned entered pits all perfekt good feeling and WAAAAAAAAAAA forgot to disable reparing damage :bulgy-eyes: 30secs stop and p3 in finish

no stats today results file damaged :dont-know:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back