RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

maybe this is a stupid idea, but cant it just be anybody who created a new account called his name (Daniel Juncadella). and used it, just to destroy for him for some reason?

i also noticed that in the chat he told us that he drove with a light (under the limit) car in the FBMW race at hungaroring, which he won. who would actually admit that he drove with an illegal car?

• Edward Leake

Well to all new comers that was the worst start of a RD night yet, for me anyway, don't let it put you off! For some reason the racing was messy as hell...

On a different note I was expecting to owe Gary Lennon an apology after we exchanged words, I asked him to have some courtesy and I was called an idiot... that got my blood boiling. However I've reviewed the replay and I wasn't wrong in my accusation.

He took a corner apex that wasn't there, I was already on line, sure he was faster but only because he used me as a brake and proceeded to overshoot the next corner. When he returned to the track instead of checking his mirrors he just pulled back in and punted me again, I stayed on track but got damage.

Sure it could have been worse, but my request he didn't use me as a brake was polite (in the first instance).

I asked him to have some courtesy, yet he sits there calling me an idiot and a liar. I'm not in the habit of complaining, racing is racing, but when someone is blatant I think it only fair they be told. However Gary seems to think not only is it ok to use me as a brake but also to hurl abuse at me(!) something I'm sure he wouldn't try face to face - so why is it acceptable here?

I should have risen above it and not bitten when he affronted me, but I was already on the back foot.

Anyway, I apologise to everyone on the server for moaning and the ensuing argument with Gary.

• Chris Noble

Yeah I watched the replay and there was some interesting lines by Gary, but plenty of others were doing this also, Race 2 of the 1st event I was passed by 3 cars overtaking me on the grass lol... But I suppose if your faster you have some kind of ninja grip on there due to the extra speed lol.

The contact between EdLeake and Gary was really more door rubbing and yeah he would be agrieved, but no harm was done really,

I would comment about race 2 of the 1st event where gary ran off the grass losing speed while I was on the racing line going faster, he came back onto the track across it and into the side of me spinning me out as he tried to take the racing line for the next corner but my car was there.

I guess he didnt see me, but returning to the track you have to be very careful and watch out for others and he would have known I was behind him when he went off the track.

This was a fun event and not a league race so its ok I guess, league would be incident review.

after these 2 race and into the 2nd event both EdLeake and Gary were just working each other up with words and accusations which only made things worse! hopefully they have both calmed down and can race against each other in the future!

Gary is normally a very nice and fair racer, so hopefully it was just a bit of red mist decending!

See you all soon and thx for the races tonight!

Well to all new comers that was the worst start of a RD night yet, for me anyway, don't let it put you off! For some reason the racing was messy as hell...

On a different note I was expecting to owe Gary Lennon an apology after we exchanged words, I asked him to have some courtesy and I was called an idiot... that got my blood boiling. However I've reviewed the replay and I wasn't wrong in my accusation.

He took a corner apex that wasn't there, I was already on line, sure he was faster but only because he used me as a brake and proceeded to overshoot the next corner. When he returned to the track instead of checking his mirrors he just pulled back in and punted me again, I stayed on track but got damage.

Sure it could have been worse, but my request he didn't use me as a brake was polite (in the first instance).

I asked him to have some courtesy, yet he sits there calling me an idiot and a liar. I'm not in the habit of complaining, racing is racing, but when someone is blatant I think it only fair they be told. However Gary seems to think not only is it ok to use me as a brake but also to hurl abuse at me(!) something I'm sure he wouldn't try face to face - so why is it acceptable here?

I should have risen above it and not bitten when he affronted me, but I was already on the back foot.

Anyway, I apologise to everyone on the server for moaning and the ensuing argument with Gary.
You were hardly an angel as it was mainly you "hurling" the abuse at Gary, he said he'd checked the replay and called you an asshat then you replied with something about his mother or his uncle I forget now.

Anyway the admins need to send an e-mail out about piss poor quality of some us.

• Edward Leake

I guess he didnt see me, but returning to the track you have to be very careful and watch out for others and he would have known I was behind him when he went off the track.

Precisely, its only common sense (read as courteous) to safely return to the track, not just turn back in and hope for the best.

You're right though, I've taken a shower and simmered down a little now. ;)

At the time I didn't like being treated as the idiot when I wasn't in the wrong, that riled me quite some as you saw but thankfully I didn't pull any of the big C's or F's out of the bag! :D

• Edward Leake

You were hardly an angel as it was mainly you "hurling" the abuse at Gary, he said he'd checked the replay and called you an asshat then you replied with something about his mother or his uncle I forget now.

Anyway the admins need to send an e-mail out about piss poor quality of some us.

Oh behave, I started off polite and was called an idiot. I was already annoyed because of the conduct so for the situation to be thrown back in my face was unfavorable and I lost my temper and hence my above post saying exactly that and apologising publicly.

My retort about his mother tucking him to bed was just that, a retort, a deflection of a comment towards me first.

Anyway, I'm not prepared to argue anymore it should be more the case we all learn something from this as it was rather erratic and emotion fueled racing and not in the good sense!

The second set of races were much better, the starts cleaner and as a whole less tagging, in fact I didn't tag or get tagged once.

Ive got an idea on how to know if its really you or not. It will take a bit of work but I hope it will be worth it. Everyone racing club member PMs whoever is in charge of the race and says a word or a sentence. Then when they enter the race you have to say that word or sentence. Sort of an ID checker.

• Edward Leake

Please there has been enough arguing tonight than there has been every night before this put together. PM your thoughts to the person you want to.

Indeed and like I said for those that had their first event tonight and witnessed/involved themselves in the proceedings need to understand it's not a regular occurrence .

I've been a member just a few months now but in that time I've had some of the very best casual races ever of any sim/game I've played.

It DOES beat public servers comfortably, racing is generally very clean and enjoyable, consider tonight a one off.

• Edward Leake

It didnt tonight.

Sorry dude I meant a personal password. :thumb:

or

Because the game only allows one password for the server and not a login for the user to the server (unless I'm mistaken) perhaps the admin should PM the password to each person that signs up?

Either way it's more work for the admin. :(

My first event. Other than the wrecker controversy i enjoyed it very much.

After the accused left and the insults calmed down, the racing became clean and even more enjoyable.

I tried my best to stay out of the way and if i did ruin a race for anyone, please accept my apologies, it was not intentional.

Hey Warren I noticed in you skin pack there are 2 teams I think that wont show up in the game, because you have them inside too many folders, you probably already know this but you are only allowed 2 folders inside the CustomSkins folder I believe EG: CustomSkins\WTCC87\M3 E30 Autotech is ok but CustomSkins\WTCC87\M3 E30 Autotech\Team Autotech isnt I have fixed the 2 teams VickRacingTeam & Drunken Predator. I have also added a heap of nice BMW and ALFA's I found at various sites that we used at Austeam when we ran an event at Mid Ohio. This pretty much make a nice unnoficial mod, and also have to say I am not the owner or creator of any of these fine specimans but am impressed by the brush skills :) its a 64MB file though. Link Below

WTCC87

Thanks Nigel, but both of those skins show up for me. I thought they fixed that restriction (number of allowed folders) in one of the patches.
I'll redo my skin pack anyway, just in case.
Thanks for your pack, I was trying to keep it fairly small so that people didn't have to install a mass of skins to see everyone else.
I'll take a look at yours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back