RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

MAke your skins, guys!!!!! Make your skins!!!!! Lets make this the most colorful grid in history!!!

If you don't know how to make a skin, just grap one at RD! :secret:

Don't forget to send it to Stefan Werner, so he can put it together for later download, ok. Do it one week before the event, ok.

Was the usual fun in these monsters, I love em! Thought I may have had enough for a pole but my brake pedal snapped in practice so was using the long clutch pedal and because i mapped my clutch to brake I had to use buttons for gears. Took some getting used to but was great fun and got me 2nd.
Got a good start in the race and manage to stay with Yves for a few laps. Made my pit on 15 laps and couldn`t believe it when Yves came out behind me. Trouble was it showed me a lap behind, I thought how the hell can that happen, then as Yves approached I got blue flagged, was so shocked ran onto grass and as he passed me it showed I was 0.2 secs behind, what was going on with the blue flag lol.

Anyway it was a fun race and great driving by Yves. Congratulations to all who took part for giving the camaro a try, isn`t it great?

Amazing race.

Qualifying: 4th. I wasn't able to match my offline pace.

Race: I immediately moved up to 3rd after Abdul got his car slowly off the line. I followed Yves and Gary closely up until lap 2, when I accidentally downshifted to 2nd in turn 2, swinging the end of the car around. That was when Abdul sent me flying... :giggle: I ended up in 6th, and immediately set about chasing down the others in front of me. First was Thomas, who slowed down to let me by :)question:), then Michael. I accidentally let Abdul by about lap 12-ish, and chased him for a few laps as he caught up to Eric. Coming round the final turn, I was surprised to see Eric on his side near the pit entry. I passed Abdul again when he pitted, but reluctantly gave the position back when I overestimated the potential of my worn tyres.
I remained in 4th for the rest of the race. The highlight of the event for me was fighting tooth-and-nail on the last lap with Abdul. We were so close, but you had more rubber in the end. :highfive:

Awesome racing, on a great track with great cars. Grats to Gary, and see you guys next time... :D

Had a great time. One mistake left my high-sided ... luckily I was stuck long enough to let the fast guys lap me before I got back on to the track. Sorry about the cloud of smoke as I tried to rock the car loose.

Good thing about the off-road picnic was I had a chance to worry Eric Nelson for the last few laps. But my tires were too worn and I needed at least 2 more laps to make a try.

Was fun --- thanks all! Kudos to Yves for a great event!

WOW another WOW.

I was terrified of these oldies, not anymore. What a surprise I had. Bimmer is beautiful to handle. Thank you guys for making this race happen amazing.

Qualied 2nd after Yves did a blistering 3rd sector time. He said "You need balls" to handle that section. fraid I had mine tucked away for that section. Was gonna kill my AI driver for sure. Well done Yves for taking pole.

Race start was pathetic, I treated the car like my Honda WTCC, saw Gary and Rhys zooming pass with a big "Hello". Stuck at 4th. 2nd lap I knocked Rhys after he accidentally braked at a no braking zone. Scared the hell outta me trying to avoid him. Sadly I took him off with some spectacular spins in the air. So sorry Rhys. Waited for him to rejoin and I was 7th/8. Got into my rythm and passed Rhys after he put his left tyres on the grass. Chased Eric and passed him right after the last turn, he had lost the car after turn in. I was 3rd. Lap 20/30 my tyres were at high 60s% wear. I pitted for tyres, came out 4th behind Rhys. With fresh tyres I was eating on Rhys time and eventually passed him. At one point I was 18sec ahead of Rhys thanks to the tyres.

Yves who was 2nd was 39s ahead, Gary at 1st was nowhere to be seen a min+ ahead. Started taking seconds away from Yves. Doing so meant I had to do 5 odd qualy lap times. Could have been possible, but messed up on a few turns. All of a sudden Rhys was right behind me, I could see his AI grin. Panic hits home as usual, 18sec lead dwindled to less than 2 tenths of a second. Had to hold my nerves for 2 laps of Rhys chasing that 3rd place.

Finished 3rd.

More of this please. Cant get enough of racing. Addiction mmmmm maybe but loving it.

Thanks Yves and RD for setting the event up. Welldone everyone. Congrats to Gary for the win.

Qualify 3rd and in warmup grabbed Yves setup and with a couple of adjustments to suit me more i was ready to race,im all confused as to who was who from the start :noidea:....but me and the car ahead leaped away together and made a break for it,at the approach to death mountain the car ahead went in hot and had to crawl round the first left hander which let me take the run on the proper line and nick the lead,i put my head down and tried to ignore what was going on behind as i knew at some point Yves would be paying me a visit..........
Indeed he did get clear of the pack he was in and eased up to apply pressure,but with each lap i was getting more and more settled in and the gap would shrink and grow all over the place,eventually i could feel tyres going a little and Yves was moving in for the kill...until he went off at the top of the hill crest of T2,basically i was now off the hook to cruise her home :D.
Got a tyre warning call at the very end of lap 29,then another about half way through lap 30,very pleased with that,surely to do with Yves setup as i usually burn tyres earlier than most,pleased with my consistency and soaking up a bit of pressure for a change instead of being a panicked rabbit in the headlights...
Thank You Yves and RD,and thanks to all gent racers :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back