RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It looked scary from in my mirror:nailbiting:

Good fun 2nite. Always love the E30 though I'm not lightening quick in them they're just a ton of fun.

Qual in 6th.

Race 1: P2
Upto 3rd by the end of lap 1. Upto 2nd after Thierry had his incident. Rob loomed up quick, but was holding him back (though not for much longer) when he made his dramatic pit entry:sad:.

Stayed around 10seconds behind Yves and no chance of catching him.

Race 2: P2
Made a good start and battled Rob for track position and that followed one of usual close battles. Upto 2nd after a few laps. Just keeping Rob at arms length and then he seemed to have a off or spin as he was behind Yves and Marius. Yves caught me and after less than 2 laps we battled into T1 and he did me like a kipper:good:.

Stayed with him in the hope he'd drag me along and catch Thierry in 1st. Then on the last lap with a few corners left Thierry slowed and we blew past. The word "Fuel" told the story which was a very sad ending to a good drive.

Gr8 fun and overall 2nd to the beemer master is good enough for me:wink2:.

Thanks RD and Yves for the event. Gr8 stuff:good:.

Great night tonight.

Race 1

Bad starts are back in fashion!! Dropped a lot of places and the was soon last after THIS. Fought back to finish 4th.

Race 2

Oh I am such a fashion guru. Dropped to almost last, but started doing consistant laps and great thanks to the good people at RD for kindly making mistakes as I caught them letting me through without too much trouble. Top gratitude to Thierry for running out of fuel to let me pinch 3rd.

Thanks Yves and RD for a real treat.

• Johan Jansen

sorry eric my shiftpokes on the steering wheel are not working properly. I will have to find a replacement and cancel my signup. Good luck guys

Good fun, saw a little lag that was a bit of an issue. There was some contact, and it was to be expected. Low HP cars + Tight circuit + large field = guaranteed contact.

As far as I could see all contact, included a wait, but if you feel otherwise please report the incident.

My race report will follow.

Thanks all for coming, thanks Eric for organizing, and thanks RD for hosting.

All in all had a good race did not qualy well but did well race 1 with a 4th thouoght i was short on fuel so i slowed it down during race and finished with like .7 fuel.

race 2 was good lead most of it till some contact then was raced bye a lapper and lost much ground never able to recoup and brought it home 3rd.

Grats keith for a good race win!!

Was a fun race
Congrets to the podium.

Race1
Had a normal start. When i looked behind me before braking for the first corner i saw Yves steering to the inside with an incredible speed. So i choose to brake early and wait what happend.
Yves was flying by :) and braked on a few cars in the first corner. I picked the inside of the corner and took the 3th place behind Keith. When i followed him around and tried to pick a spot to attack it went wrong. I flew out of the corner towards the barrier. Stopped the car on time before hitting the tyres.
Now it was just trying to get back on the track and overtake some cars.
I finished 7th.

2 Race:
I start on the 2nd place. My sweat broke out on the start. If i just take the first position i thought. Then i could defend my first spot. But after be overtaking it went wrong. Some cars where very aggresive on the field this morning/night. And the suspension of my car was broke. After trying to brake later then Yves. I noticed that my suspension felt like there was something wrong to hit the corner. It just wasn't reactive as is should. My responce was to brake harder, and my wheels blocked. I hit yves, all my speed was gone, and the car behind me was Ben who hit me in the rear. Sorry Yves and Ben.
After this i waited to everyone was passing me. So i could settle myself and managed to get calm. Now it was just a race like race 1 i had to try to overtake some cars.
When i approached the slower cars. I noticed that they wouldn't let me pass them without hitting me. After taking there places it was racing all on my own.

These mini's aren't my favor. I think i will stick to the DTM and WTCC/STCC cars. I never had issues with these races. Except from the DTM connection loss. (internet provider was upgrading my connection without noticing me)

I saw some discussion about the 200 ms ping. This couldn't cause any lag they sayed.
If i look at drivers with 200 ping. You see a little lag.

I will just post my PC and connection to show you I can't do anything about this!
PC:
Motherboard: M4A78t-e (am3)
Processor: AMD PhenomII x3 720 black edition
Ram: 4gb 1333mhz OCZ reaper
GPU: Sapphire HD 3850 playing on medium settings!
connection: 10mbit

What a race! I'm so happy that i participated even that time here was 04:23 when the races finally ended..

I was content with 8th place finish in the 1st race. Had a good battle with Yuri but as a result tire temps were raising so had to back of. But that meant the horrifying pole position to race 2...:moneymouth: I'm so used to be at best in midpack that leading a race is not my territory. How do you brake to first corner so that you don't cause mayhem but still can keep the lead.. Very much a new thing for me.

2nd Race: Took a reasonable start. I did manage to choose my braking so that those behind didn't have to do anything drastic. And i kept the lead for a whole lap! Yuhuu me!In the second lap i think Yuri? tapped me sideways and i lost the lead but he waited. Continued on the second place but the faster cars were cathing up quickly. The inevitable happened and fourth place was a good place to drive. Marty was a few seconds behind, cathing but now i didn't have to defend and tires loved that. He did catch me eventually and we had an amazing battle for the fourth position. After he passed the battle continued but i couldn't overtake him, only force him to defend and slowing him down because of it. Then Arian was cathing up to us and i eased of so that the we could both pick up the pace. But now two laps after that Marty made a mistake and i was right on his tale again. Arian did manage to catch me by the penultimate lap and tried to overtake on the last lap, last corner. Tapped me sideways but waited. With out the tap he would've overtook me in the next straight as i was going a little wide in there anyway..:soldier: Finished 5th. Best one yet!

Kennett, thanks for the wicked report. I am glad you enjoyed yourself tonite. You are welcome to race with us anytime buddy. Every Wednesday, and Friday we have about the same group of guys racing. Sunday events are also fun, and start a littler earlier for you :):good::good:

Hope to see you on the grid with us again soon.:good::good:

Keith

What a race! I'm so happy that i participated even that time here was 04:23 when the races finally ended..

I was content with 8th place finish in the 1st race. Had a good battle with Yuri but as a result tire temps were raising so had to back of. But that meant the horrifying pole position to race 2...:moneymouth: I'm so used to be at best in midpack that leading a race is not my territory. How do you brake to first corner so that you don't cause mayhem but still can keep the lead.. Very much a new thing for me.

2nd Race: Took a reasonable start. I did manage to choose my braking so that those behind didn't have to do anything drastic. And i kept the lead for a whole lap! Yuhuu me!In the second lap i think Yuri? tapped me sideways and i lost the lead but he waited. Continued on the second place but the faster cars were cathing up quickly. The inevitable happened and fourth place was a good place to drive. Marty was a few seconds behind, cathing but now i didn't have to defend and tires loved that. He did catch me eventually and we had an amazing battle for the fourth position. After he passed the battle continued but i couldn't overtake him, only force him to defend and slowing him down because of it. Then Arian was cathing up to us and i eased of so that the we could both pick up the pace. But now two laps after that Marty made a mistake and i was right on his tale again. Arian did manage to catch me by the penultimate lap and tried to overtake on the last lap, last corner. Tapped me sideways but waited. With out the tap he would've overtook me in the next straight as i was going a little wide in there anyway..:soldier: Finished 5th. Best one yet!

Kennett, another "report guy" like João!!!! Nice report again, like the one from monaday at Nord... :)

I'm not gonna do a report this time :( (too late here), but I'm sure gonna thank Eric and RD for the event!!!! :)

Thx also to the guys who are making a special effort to run these US events, Keith specially.

But about friday, don't you guys think a longer version of the track would be better for the S2000??? I'm really starting to worry about friday... This track is too short and too tight!!! Let's get at least the National version!!!! :)

EDIT:
Ok, a little report. :)

Quali: 3th or 5th
Nice quali. Was I 3rd or 5th? I can't remember now... :)

Race1: 6th
Well, started good, had a hard break in T1, Eric tapped Keith and I tapped Eric. :( Sorry, Eric. I went to last and started to climb. At some point I was 5th and Yves 6th. He passed me and we battled for a few laps, I made a mistake and stayed in 6th till the end.

Race2: 6th
Started at 3rd and went on untill the last turn. I made a mistake and tapped Kennett, I think. I can't remember. So so so sorry to whoever that was. I went to last again and climbed up again till I got the 6th place. Managed to decrease the gap as Kennett said, tapped him in the last turn in the last lap, but we could still mantain our positions and I finished 6th again. :)

Overal: 5th
Nice result!!! :)

Cya friday, mates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back