RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Had some great racing tonight!

AMS was excellent - love the track - quali'd better than i expected and finished in the points , which is a first for me on Evo online races. Vitus was pretty much the same after an indifferent quali. again, what a mental track!

Sachsenring was a different story entirely. quali'd in about 12th I think, couldnt get to grips with the tight twisty section on the track for ages. had a big accident which I think meant that Ben Shears retired. I think he tangled up with someone else on one of the fast corners, ended up in the middle of the track just as i was coming around it. I was pretty much on full lock to try to avoid him, but didnt quite make it. Pulled over to let him and the other guy back through, but I think the damage had been done. Really sorry for that mate.

After that it was a fight to get back up the order from pretty much last. some good tussles on the way, and finally managed to finish in 12th.

Overall, a great night of racing, thoroughly enjoyable. Cheers Andrew for organising the event!

Race 1: Qualified something like 6th but mistakenly jumped the bloody light when the reds came on and got DQ even before the race started. I couldn't understand why everyone was standing until I got told "Your are disqualified" and realized my mistake..FFS!!!

Race 2: Running 3rd just ahead of Gary I quit the race on lap 3 or 4. I couldn't hear a damn thing the car sound is on/off/on/off...etc so there is no way to judge what the car and cars around me was doing, so another FFS...

Thanks for the racing guys and for Andrew who is like clockwork... :)

Side Note: If anyone can suggest what it might be or I might try, the issue is described HERE

• Matt Crouch

I have to say there must be something odd about sachsenring, as well as that problem, twice we've run it in GTL and in both of those I was constantly disconnected throughout the event.

Mixed fortunes tonight some good quali pace on some tracks.

Loved AMS and Vitus, not so on sachenring, some strange goings on. Anyone else's cockpit instruments black out along the straight just past the pits??

Still, some good racing tonight, cheers all :good:

AMS:
Started 16th, Qualy was ok, was faster before. We were figthing in a bigger group until somebody went wide in this last hairpin in lap 3 and made his way straight back to the race line without watching the traffic, cost me my suspension. Afterwards good fights fth Alex, Graham and Laurance! Finished 8th.
Liked the track, though it invited a little bit for cutting...

Vitus:
Desastrous Qualy, did only a 2:57.xyz, and it was not only because it was a little bit wet! Started 10th, the T2 Bob gave me a bump which put me off, thanks for waiting! Put us unfortunately at the end of the gird (me 22nd). Broken suspension and and wheel was not centering anymore (wheel might also have happened after I hit David who spun and was suddenly in my way, sorry, no chance to not hit you). With that damage I managed to improve my PB here significantly during the race, did a 2:51.853 and finished 9th.
Very nice track, love it!

Sachsenring:
Started 9th, bad start after T1 I was 13th. Did actually many laps allone. Finished 7th. Anyway good race. Track also very nice.

Wanted to say already for long time something: Lewis, want to express a compliment. Don't know whether you remember, we started here about the same time (remember doing some practice lap in WTCC cars in some Japanese track with you before the race, hope that was you). I must admit you increased your performance much more than I did :D!

Good race night! Thanks all!

Really loved all 3 tracks ecspecially AMS what a track that is.

Race 1:

Qualified first and led the race got abit of a gap but then had a massive freeze and when it came back was in the middle of loads of cars (sorry if i put anyone off) so I ESC asap. Abit gutted as I was fying round there.

Race 2:

Decided not to qualify got a good start then watched buxton clutch brake evans :lol:. I think I hit someone wasnt sure so sorry to whoever that was i was trying to get out of the way of the mess up front. Then was with gibbo when my car just would not brake and ended up in the tyre wall with suspension damage. Pitted but then got stuck on the way into it as I had to reverse. Lost millions of hours of time. Got out and I posted the fastest lap of the race with suspension damage so I was happy.

Race 3:

Got pole and start of the race got a goodish started and came across to cover the inside to turn 1. After that just increased my lead. But I believe gary had an accident half way through the race. So was chuft considering I was really quick today and managed to grab a win :woot:

Really enjoyed these tracks and dont no why I was flying today but I had some really good pace. Cheers andrew for another sweeeeeeet mini event and sweeet choice of tracks. Well done all :good:

I swear Mini Friday gets better every week.

I was desperate to have a good run 2nite as I fell asleep last week and missed the whole bloody thing:struggle:

Hadn't managed to turn any laps b4 on these tracks, but fortunately the Mini's are ideal to learn a track in. They turned out to be 3 excellent tracks, all very enjoyable.:wink2:

Race 1 AMS:

Qual: 12th

Having learnt the track by following a few guys in praccy I was very pleased with 12th.

Race: 4th

Made a good clean start and gained quite a few places in lap 1. Had a good battle to get up to 4th place. Rob and Ben were up ahead and I focused on trying to close on them. Ben was shadowing Rob fairly closely once I caught up and we had a good battle. I think Ben got a little wide which allowed me past and I fancied a bit of Thorpo bashing:). I closed in quite quickly, but then Rob decided to be difficult and hold on to his 3rd. We battled as close as we always seem to and had some exciting moments. But I had forgotten to pay attention to Ben lurking around behind us. He'd already made a couple of attempts to pass me b4 the last lap, but coming into the last chicane I was a little ginger on the brakes and he well and trully stuffed me up the inside. I got tight in just in case he ran wide coming out, but he kept it nice and tidy and the 3 of us finished very closely. Very pleased to have got that high up, but i was beaten by 2 very good fighters:wink2:.

Race 2 Vitus Gp: Wow what a track:good:.

A big thank you to Rob here:wink2:. I managed to follow him on my outlap in practice and managed to get a quick lesson on how to drive this track, although I couldn't match him for pace at the time, but I doubt I'd of been upto speed so quickly if I hadn't hooked onto him.

Qual: 1st OMG!!!!

How on earth did that happen. Pulled out of the garage and realised it was starting to rain. I though about escaping and getting wets, but I was behind Rob again so decided I'd try and follow him. What a gr8 idea that turned out to be.

Onto our flying lap and I had someone to follow in the slightly slippery conditions. This gave me confidence as I knew if we hit a very wet patch Thorpo would get it 1st. We blitzed around and halfway round this long lap the rain started falling harder and I knew this would be the quickest lap we'd get in. I was sure Rob was quicker and I even got a little out of shape in the last corner and I was totally stunned when I saw P1:shock:.

At last I'd managed a Pole position.:dance2:

Race: 1st woohoo

I managed a good start and everyone at the front was careful into T1.
At the end of the lap i slowed Rob down as I was a little deep into the last corner and it forced him into the clutches of the guys behind him, giving me a little breathing room. I tried to pull away , but Rob was straight back into 2nd and he was staying aroung a second behind me all the way. Then on lap 7 I first distracted myself by hitting a quick chat button telling Rob to "Pass Right":laugh2:, but fortunately he didn't try. Then my little girl came in having woken up and she was talking to me and I got a little scruffy and Rob started to turn the screw on me. Once again we did some side by side racing and I was just holding him off. My little girl settled down beside me to patiently watch the end of the race and I managed to get my focus back and just held Rob off on the last 2 laps to win by 0.058 seconds over the line:hypnotized:. Amazing stuff and my first win in the Mini's.:dance2:

Race 3 Sachsenring:

Got off to a bad start here and just couldn't get to grips with this twisty track.

Qual: 4th.

Having struggled in practice I tried the setup that Adam had uploaded and with that feeling much better and me finally switching my brain back on I started getting some laps in and popped it into 4th, though well off the front guys pace.

Race: 4th

Got away well, but so did everyone else. Tried to get in amongst the front 3, but instead dropped myself into the grasp of Rob. We tried our usual of going side by side, but this time we got it all wrong:party2:. I probably could of stayed out a little wider, but it was quite a quick left hander and Rob was inside and we made contact and i had a trip in the kitty litter. I emerged back around 9th and Rob lost even more as he held back for me and I'm guessing he didn't see where I had returned to the track. Sorry mate. Managed to get upto 6th quite quickly, but was not gaining much on Dan infront. Then he and Lewis got together and it put me right past them. Though Lewis was not willing to let me go and he fought back past me. We exchanged positions a couple of times before my last attempt into T1. Lewis was braking late on the outside and it looked as though he just got a little wide and then he was no longer behind me. Pulled away from 5th, but was no where near quick enough to even keep up with the top 3 and finished a rather lonely 4th. I did manage to see Ben Tusting and Gary have a close finish ahead, but from a distance.

This managed to live upto and even better my last outing a couple of weeks ago in the Mini's where Rob and I managed to have some great battles.

Well done everyone for 2nites gr8 meeting and a big thanks to Andrew and RD again for this event.:)

• Andrew Evans

once again, i'll stitch you up in the cinders way.... and you can make a personal review of the mod once you've tested the new version... (or we'll take away ALL of your perm solution)

meandthorpoid.jpg

Me thrashing Thorpid to the line.

Vitus:
Desastrous Qualy, did only a 2:57.xyz, and it was not only because it was a little bit wet! Started 10th, the T2 Bob gave me a bump which put me off, thanks for waiting! Put us unfortunately at the end of the gird (me 22nd). Broken suspension and and wheel was not centering anymore (wheel might also have happened after I hit David who spun and was suddenly in my way, sorry, no chance to not hit you). With that damage I managed to improve my PB here significantly during the race, did a 2:51.853 and finished 9th.
Very nice track, love it!

Mega apologies m8, sorry it caused damage that impacted your race. The tap wasn't that hard if I recall. It must have been that wall you hit as a result :embarassed: :)

A brilliant night of racing. Tons of fun with good battles in all three races. Thanks a zillion Andrew!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes