RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Let me start by calling you attention for an “article” about this race that will likely come out to the end of this starting week… you guessed who will write it and I promise I won’t be so egomaniac as the fowling below.

Qualifying (3rd)
As I didn’t manage a single clean lap on our first try at the qualifying, it can be said I was lucky to have a 2nd run out. Did 55 high wish was near my PB with this engine/gearing configuration wish gave me a spot on the 2nd row behind the 2 rpm simracers.
Race (1st)
Did a good start and actually did the jump on everyone in front but only managed to stick it in front of the Lister (J. Johnson). The first few laps were done with the Lister on top of me; I had more straight line speed but lost out when coming out of slower corners. Very early still, J. Johnson gained the position and the things more or less assumed their natural position regarding race pace at that moment in time.

I was on a 2 stop pit strategy with option of only 1 if I really could keep my tires. The things were going well; I was in a secure 3rd with the front 2 about 20 sec up the road and the 4th about 10 sec behind.

About lap 30 when giving a lap to one of the GTS Porches (S. Vohs), I did the mistake of not noticing the front racer didn’t see me coming and I went for the inside line (turn 8). The all thing could have gone smother but when coming out of the turn and putting the power down too early did a power slide, overcorrected and hit the Porsche (who was very near) with the front left side. The Porsche went into the barriers so I had to wait for him to come for about 10 seconds (sorry Sean).

With this my race strategy was defined and I went immediately to the pits for a 2 pit strategy (longer middle stint).

After pitting did a few fast laps as I was a bit angry with myself regarding my earlier mistake but regained my concentration short after.

At this point I’m going to be honest here as I think it is more interesting for you reading.

So cutting directly to it, on one hand I want everyone to be happy and do well, on other hand, I want to win, simple as that.

Having in mind I know very well the GT cars, about after 1/3 of the race was done (and with 2 DNF already in my class, Audi and SR7) I was thinking:

• C. Haba, (sorry) to me he didn’t come into the equation for the GC, his race pace was too high for the Engine of that C5R to handle (In another club I used the C5R for 1 1/2 months with Evo and I always used it in GTR2).

• J. Johnson, was scaring me, because with his earlier pace I was also sure his engine wouldn’t coup, but later his race pace went down to near my own pace so not having paid much attention to his driving style at practice (my bad) I didn’t know if the Lister engine would coup or not… I was looking at the laps, how he gained about 15 secs on my 2nd pit-stop, thinking… damn, I know the Lister is one of the fastest cars in the class (if not the fastest), I was thinking to myself, I really have to “take my hat off to him” if he pulls this one off… than come ¾ of the race and all doubts went away (sorry).

• J. Marjanen, fellow C6R matte… as I know the C6R even better than the C5R and after observing him in the practice I knew he was doing lap times similar to mine but with a few very important differences regarding driving style. So as promised, being honest, I was actually surprised by how much the C6R engine lasted… (sorry).

• A. Ahmed, deja vu, with him it was the contrary, I’ve to admit that at times when I was 5th or 4th I was doing my math to him and not to anyone else… those final 20 laps looked very much like the Spa ones.

So, after the peaces got back into place (as it is easier to follow than to lead), played “follow the leader” (follow the 2nd would be more precise) for about the last ¼ of the race and brought it home with an engine that only lost 2 km/h of top speed in the straight all race (-1km/h less from the touch with the Porsche and the other km/h from an over rpm I did when exiting a turn).
I think I could have went one more hour, after that maybe I could have a fainted :wink2:and I can confess that that straight was very good to do my neck exercises (at times I was using the clutch just so my left feet didn’t feel asleep).

Thanks RD club (specially its US branch) for organizing and providing all the technical necessities this event required (I’ve heard we are using top notch material and bandwidth) and thanks everyone who participated on this event.

Special congratulations to everyone who finished this record braking event (183 to 185 minuts sim racing stint), my thanks to the other class racers as everyone did a respectable and good job regarding avoiding unnecessary “come togethers” .

Big congratulations to all class winners (including myself :D) and for those late DNF, don’t forget that 75% race distance completed (lap 75) grants you an event classification (so that Vertigo did get 8th). To the others, those who got the “rotten end of the deal”, just remember that without your commitment there would be no race and that this time it was you, next it can be us… :wink2:

As just a final note to this already “small” big post :rotfl:; for those of you who somehow now “hate” me because of the middle part of it (the honest one), remember that now you have one more “drive” to beat me (and as that surely will come), it is just one more motive to join the "eating" of our next “tough cookie”… :drool:

• Graham Clemenger

GREAT VIDS Buxton, cool to see I got a bit of a feature in the first video, nice one for that (but where was my roll), and why is there no gay 80's soundtrack David, shame because, oooooohhhhhhh, It's just a ball of dust. Underneath myyyyyyyyyyy feet. It rolls around the sun. Doesn't mean that much to meeeeeeee. I take a chance on the edge of life. Just like aaaaaaaall the rest. I look inside and dig it out. Cause there's no points for second best. There's a raging fire in my heart tonight tonight(echo). Growing higher and higher in my soooooooooooul. There's a raging fire in the sky tonight tonight(echo). I want to ride on the silver dove. Far into the night.

(Everybody sing along)

Till I make you, take me. On your mighty wings. Made you, take me. On your mighty wings across the SKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Take me on your mighty wings. Take me on your mighty wings TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

DA DA DA DADA DAAAAAA.

Attachments

• mightywings.jpg
    mightywings.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Graham Clemenger

David, Mat and you where behind me on the downhill section, you were both gaining on me leading up to it and I lost my nerve through the esses, clipped the wall on the apex and rolled into a roof slide nollie flip 180, I reckon around 1/4 race distance. hang on a sec............................................................. GTRe replay time : 1777.00 / 5160.94 (1777.00 was just before it happened).

edit: then you go flying past the clouds of dust I left behind, I had sus trouble before that and the slide didnt seem to effect the car afterwards, so only my pride damaged.

• Jon Marjanen

Thanks for the great feedback João! Could you point out to me the differences in our driving styles? I'd like to know what I could have done to make the engine last the race :).

• Jon Marjanen

Short Shift, Drive abit more conservatively and you will survive longer. Most Frontal damage you incur will decrease life of engine (Aero Damage).

Yes. The dash in the C6.R is a bit weird because the shift light isn't really usable at all. It only comes on when the engine hits the rev limiter and then it's too late. I was shifting when the RPM graph hits the last tall notch in the scale. I think I was also too aggressive in downshifting. I downshift pretty fast.

• Graham Clemenger

Sad thing is Ryan that I actually don't mind that track (Mighty Wings), I was a kid when Top Gun came out and I loved the film at the time, mind you its crap nowdays but Mighty Wings is still a classic. I can feel a D&B Ragga Re-mix coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes