RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

ooooooofah it was a dismal race night for me. The whole timing mrk thing on this track and which lap was timed in superpole gridded me a bit lower than I could have run. Pretty much just smacked everything in lap 1. finally realized that i was not going higher than 15th unless someone broke. got out of the way of the field so I wouldn't spend the night dodging the lead lap cars. on this track it was very difficult to keep moving and let guys by. I got crushed from behind and apologize to whoever hit me. I was on the correct side of the straight but going slow enough to allow upcoming traffic to pass and get on line for scumacher. BANG sorry man I thought it would be better than try to swerve clear across the track.

Race 2 start in 16th and get collected up in an incident which saw 4 wide racing off the 180 degree T1 in front of me. I think it was a bit optimistic to have all of you get out of there unharmed but the red mist gets us all at times. Pucture left fron t tire and limp to pits. get new tire and just realize I will just be dodging cars from behind again. So I retired to allow the rest to have one less distraction on a tight course.

Tahnks eric for a cool event again! congrats to the podium drivers!

See you all soon.

It was good to get back into a race after not being behind the wheel for about 6 weeks.

I had not driven the Porsche mod before, but was surprised with the civility of these cars - cut the learning curve down a bit. I was able to turn some competitive times in practice w/ race fuel (high 40.xx's) so I was feeling pretty good heading into qual. Unfortunately, I had not attempted superpole on this track and did not realize that there was an abbreviated outlap, so I was caught coasting through the first 1/3 of my hotlap :( Needless to say, I looked up, saw hotlap - panicked :) - and punched the gas. By that time though I was in the 42's and wound up P13.

Race 1: Starting at the back of the field turned out to be a blessing in disguise. A lot of carnage in the first lap or 2, and somehow I was able to make it out alive and in the top 8. Had a good battle with JvT for many laps, and eventually finished P6.

Race 2: After seeing how race 1 started, I was none-to-pleased to be starting P3. I was extra cautious at the start, which forced me to slip back to P6, but it at least allowed me to come through without incident (as there was indeed more carnage). The rest of the race was fairly uneventful, again finished P6.

Overall - P6 - very pleased with this result given that this was my first time behind the wheel in so long. Really enjoyed these cars, these would be fun at mid-ohio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes