RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Jacob Allison

Well I gotta question, since there are soooo many 'maybes' on that list, is someone going to no-show that I can take their spot?

Well, that was pretty unsatisfying...:)

My connection dropped out in Race 1 by T4 and that ended my weekend. I didn't have any connection problems on Saturday or Sunday morning, but once the official practice started the gremlins started to fly. When the timer went to zero on the unofficial practice I disconencted. Then, when the timer went to zero on the official practice session I dropped out again. Fortunately, I was able to reconnect during qualifying and made P11. Everything felt good in the warmup (actually better), but then dropped out again after a few turns in race 1.

This is the first time I've ever had problems like this so I hope it doesn't portend things to come, because it felt great to be back on the track. I've heard that Comcast is having problems.
That's racing I suppose... Sigh...:wink2:

The car & track combo were a blast.
Hope everyone has a great race!:thumb:

Thanks to Eric, Racedepartment and all who showed up. Interesting car/track choice. At first I thought I will bin it but I ended up winning the second race. One of the most intense last lap fight I have ever had. Was a joy racing you guys. Special thanks goes to Peirre Higgins for an absolute blast almost the entire second race. I was leading the majority of the race until I made a mistake, Pierre took the lead. Beginning of the last lap he went wide on turn 1 and I sneaked past him on the inside. My chair was shaking from my heartbeat on that lap. Had to hold on through every turn. First RD win under my belt.

Abdul

• Matt Alpeter

Did pretty well in qualifying and snagged 5th.

Race 1: had a good launch and weaved my way up to 3rd and tried to keep up with the two front-runners but they took off and put about half a second to a second on me each lap so I focused on staying ahead of 4th place. 4th was reeling me in pretty well and I was trying to push harder but that only led to making mistakes which made the gap smaller, then all of a sudden there wasn't anyone there...later the reports came in of a blown engine. With a comfortable gap to the new 4th I focused on making solid laps and wound up sticking 3rd.

Race 2: Had an iffy start and got knocked around a bit in T1 but held on, but going into the chicane Lewis was in my blind spot and I cut him off pretty bad. I didn't see him go off track and thought he was still right behind me..all the yellow cars look the same lol..anyway I took Lewis out for a virtual beer and all is well. Moving forward on the track got banged around a couple more times but finally was able to start putting moves on people from as far back as 10th I think. Slowly picked people off and got up into 4th then 3rd again. Had 3rd locked in and was ready for my second podium of the day when the car slipped out from underneath me and took off into a barrier wall..broke the suspension and also damaged the aero badly. Eric in 4th was maybe 3 seconds back but it was very easy for him to gain and pass me due to my car not turning so had to settle for 4th. Overall finished 2nd so not a bad day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes