RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I had fun even those these cars are intense around this narrow hairy speed track!

Qualified 5th which I was delighted with as I had never driven these cars before and had only 20 minutes praccy beforehand. So chuffed.

That all went sour however. I noticed I had big lag at the start and tried to keep out of the way but got punted off anyway. I so wanted to race so i decided to keep circulating at arms length to see if my lag cleared. And it did on lap 4, not before Bob L pushed me off unintentionally and then hitting Lee as he hit Bob L who came back scross track!

I caught up to Thorpy, who, tbh drove very naughtily weaving across the traclk on both times I had a run and then quitting as soon as I got past. I then just picked people off as they crashed. I hit Nuno at the first chicane at one point. He was battling with Lee and broke very early. I broike 100m early just in case but I still hit him! Thankfully no big harm done! I came home 11th. not bad after being 21st after 4 laps.

Second race, I was shocked by how slow some people were. Me, Tob and Gary were stuck behind some people and the braking points were allll over the shop. Eventually it came to a head on lap 3 into the first chicane. Dan ahead lost it under braking. Tob nudged me a wheel on the grass, so I took to the escape road, Tob also manged to hit Gary too, and Gary shot into Dan who had come back across and hit Chris! I managed to avoid it all by taking to the escape road after the tap but I got a frikking stop and go!!!! Livid.

Fought my way back up (again), did a lovely overtake on Dan while Lee was overtaking him, coming from 100m back! And then I hit Lee. So sorry Lee, I was just going to follow you through so we could catch Max but you got a little tank slapper on and I couldn't avoid tapping you. Thankfully, again not much harm done, aside to me while I typed an apology. I got going again and finished up 13th after a nice little dice with Andrew on the last lap.

Oh and Andrew I saw on the replay that I squeezed you off in race two. Totally unintentional dude, couldn't see you. I thought you were right behind me, but that was Gary! Curse your skins!

All in all, a fun night. But please, some consistency from people lines/braking points would be hellish nice. Kept me on edge all night.

Woah that was a loooong summary. Apologies. And thanks to RD and Andrew, this was a sterling event.

Ryan Callan said:
I caught up to Thorpy, who, tbh drove very naughtily weaving across the traclk

That weaving thing that I was doing, you know, the one where I position the car to block any move that you try and make? It's called Defending, there is a limit to how much you move the car across the track to block your opponents moves, and I at no time went over them.

If you seriously have a problem with other competitors defending their position, your in the wrong sport son. :wink2:

I wasn't going to post this next bit as it's classed a *****y on "Internet 101", but since you have posted your unhappiness and dismay at my on track discipline, I shall.

The reason that I quit from that race is I'm fed up of people cutting the track. And seeing you do it, was it. I've had enough of it. Don't try to deny it Ryan, I saw you on more than 1 occasion do this. Once in practice and twice in the race, if you have a hard time reading the rules and applying them to a race, then you better leave.

/more drink plox.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Qualifying: 10th. I couldn't put a fast lap together, but I was in a BMW, so it was fun. :)

Race 1: Rocket start, as usual with these RWD machines, and was able to hold something like 6th before I ran wide and went into the wall at T3. The rest of the race was mistake-ridden, with me running off one too many times and accidentally clipping Eric N's Alfa. Super sorry, Eric. :( The race went on until it was ended by.... uh... would you believe me if I told you it was the washing machine's fault? :wilt: My FFB cable is connected to the same power outlet as our washing machine, and it was going through a washing cycle at the time of the race. Switching washing modes, power surge, FFB stops working properly, pedals stuffed, can't move car... gone. Ah well.

Race 2: A shambles. I have nothing special to report other than the fact that the Pitwall of death got me this time. :teeth: Into the wall, cart critically damaged, race and event over.

Still, the racing was great fun and it was great seeing everyone doing their pits even though it wasn't set up on the server. Thanks Eric K and RD for the event, everyone who participated, and to Olly, Cam and Warren for the good times on TS. :D

• Andrew Evans

and now some words from our sponsor....

how many times do people need to be told not to post in-anger right-after-the-race?
one more escalation of this little spat and bodies start flying.... take it to pm... tomorrow...

I like Cats (have 5 of them) and I love shots so together they are awesome. Here's my Cat Skin.

XtremeCat.jpg

All in all, a fun night. But please, some consistency from people lines/braking points would be hellish nice. Kept me on edge all night
Not at all trying to get involved with the anger stuff, but I don't understand what you mean by this, are you saying that everyone should brake at the same spot every lap? Because I speak probably for most people when I say that simply can't happen if you miss your reference or aren't concentrating on that.

• Andrew Evans

Oh and Andrew I saw on the replay that I squeezed you off in race two. Totally unintentional dude, couldn't see you. I thought you were right behind me, but that was Gary! Curse your skins!

nps mate... i completely retract my "omgryanwhattabarstard" comment that immediately followed the incident on ts.... :becky:

had two niiiice races with lots of close racing/fights/etc...

thanks to all who came out to play... totally packed out with more wanting to get in... long live the saturday late club! :flypig:

Lovely track and car choice Andrew ... very tired, not much practice and rubbish setup got me mid pack in quali, so I was happy with that.
Got off the line fast but also got taken out early in both races, so decided to drop back and enjoy a more relaxed and fun race with some "foes" I know would rather crash than take me out ... which Nigel seemed to do - hope there was nothing untoward in my part of this ... slowed and waited again just to be sure mate.
Had a lovely bit of fun jostling and chasing down Andrew in Race one, then some good clean fun with Nige and Bob in race 2.
Thx RD for hosting and Andrew for all yer efforts mate :thumb:

:O. Wow what a ruckus I cuased there lol.

I completely understand your point on the braking Lewis and I wasn't angry but it was VERY difficult for people behind wityh the barking points varying quite wildly each lap. Gary will vouch for me on that.

• Bert Van Waes

That weaving thing that I was doing, you know, the one where I position the car to block any move that you try and make? It's called Defending, there is a limit to how much you move the car across the track to block your opponents moves, and I at no time went over them.

In the book it says you can choose one defend line per straight...:wink2:

A perfect example off this is Lewis Fergusson, the laps i raced against him were thrilling, almost real... He chooses the inside line, hupla me outside. trying to outbrake eachother,... That's racing.

Hi there guys. Tried getting the mod to work and have a race with you all but for some reason couldn't get the thing to work. Turns out the reason why it wouldn't work is because I'm a complete idiot :frusty: Yeah...I don't even have the STCC add on. Oh man, sorry to take up some of your time with my ignorance. Heheh...I knew something was wrong, just didn't know how wrong it was! GTR-E is still a bit new to me guys and I just didn't realize it was a completely separate Add on. I hope you understand and thank you for trying to help. I still look forward to getting some laps in with you all so I'll give it another go next time.

-Brad

Race 1:
Great Start! immediately from 6th to 3rd but.... Tustinho and Bruno were too much for me, they just gone. after about 4 laps i saw in my rear view mirror Gary and James who were catching me very fast. Then Gary got better of me great pass down the
outside mate tried to keep with Gary just corner later Gary went a bit wide i tried to make a edge of it but i lost downforce and made my car sideways which allowed James to come by. Later i drove lonely in 5th position with consistant 2 secs gap over Michael. Good Race :nod: :becky:

Race 2:
Very Unlucky start!! i've got from 4th on the grid up to 1st but i jumped start but it was SO CLOSE to nail 0.000 start GUTTED. After Stop n' go i was figting with Lee, great racing mate :nod: Amazing fight :D After that i come by Lee i overtook Dan and later i was trying to coatch Chris Rodgerson. I make it up just to 1second to finish line. 9th at finish

Great Racing guys. I'm totally agree with Thorpoid you can Defending on straight line who said no! And that issue with braking points i haven't really problems with following people if someone brakes earlier? get inside and got by him or if you aren't enough close to do it try to catching up him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes