RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Grant Daly

Thankyou

Sorry yes I over-reacted after that corner, I just felt at the time I was on the outside and went to turn in on the outside of the corner leaving u the inside but when I turned in your car was going straight and not turning into the corner like mine.

The cars I saw were all off the track, but it looks like there was some in front of you which you had to avoid and I didnt see at the time.

So I am sorry for that. During those 2 races I just kept having my backend punched sideways alot.

Hope to have a good race with you in future though.
Like I said I really wasn't going to mention it, it did kinda put me off some tho, anyway, on to the next race And as well Good luck...

• jezza323

dunno what was going on, but i kept getting kicked out of the server so i gave up

wont be able to make next week either, tis my 5 yr anniversary with the missus, think i might get into a bit of trouble if i was playing Race instead of spending time with her, lol

That was bad luck for you Jezza, it is so sad to watch someone constantly dropping out. Stirb was having the same problems as you.

Always a good idea to spend time with the missus on aniversary day, especially if you want to build up brownie points for later racing. ;)

Time for my race report.
First up, thanks to all who turned up for our opening Oceania Event. It was great to see the old XGN guys, some new Aussies, Takuya from Japan, and some of the usual RD European guys to give us such a big field. I hope our Oceania members enjoyed their first experience with us and will continue to help us grow this Group. Good to be able to race in such a large pack, and great experience for some newer members.

Again, sincere apologies for the last minute track change, but there was no alternative as Fuji produced a bug with the server that prevented anyone from joining. Hopefully we can do a fix for it so we can put all that hard practice (for some) to benefit.

At least Brno always produces close and fast racing, and this was a cracker. I really enjoyed it.
My Aussie mate Grant (Hamm3rHed) kept bobbing up in front of me on nearly every Qualy lap I did which made a fast time difficult, but I eventually finished P4 which is all I could have expected in such company.

Race 1 was a beauty, with the leading cars extremely close for most of the race. I had a terrific battle with David Lemon for most of the race, as he applied huge pressure to my tail. At the same time I was desparately trying to keep in touch with Manny, but he eventually pulled a few seconds on me. Finished P5, good for me. :)

Race 2 was even more intense and even closer. Amazingly for me, I was racing with Atti for a few laps with Jari hot on my tail. I held Jari for a while but it wasn't going to last as he finally slipped past in his usual clean and tidy fashion. What a race, at the half way stage, you could throw a blanket over the first 8 cars, with Takuya doing a great job in front. Only towards the very end did the speedy guys get free and unfortunately for Takuya his tyres seemed to give up. I eventually slipped past Takuya on the last lap to claim another P5, woohoo. :p

Grats to Jari for the win in Race 1 and Atti for Race 2. Special mention to Manny for showing he can be competitive with the best at RD. :thumb: Also to Takuya who was a surprise packet at Brno. Imagine how you might have done at Fuji, your home track. ;)

Looking forward to our next Oceania Event and hope to see you all again.

Well that was fun. First time I've raced online since the xgn collapse a couple of months ago (apart from 'grid' which doesn't count). The best i could do in quali was about 8th.

Got a good start in race 1 and quickly got into 4th place. From there it was a rather lonely race for me. I couldn't stay with the 3 leaders and I slowly pulled away from warren in 5th.

Race 2 was more interesting. Spent a lot of the race around the pack which was fun. Got involved in a couple of incidents which wasn't. Attila overtook me coming into turn 1 and then slowed mid corner to make the apex. I didn't see it coming and bumped him up the back-side and he went off into the gravel. I slowed and let him pass me back and got going again. The second incident happened with Takuya who appeared to be struggling with tires. He was having a hard time turning into the apex's so I thought 'hmmm, I'll just stick it up the inside on the next turn in.' Of course the next turn-in was the one he performed perfectly and we banged doors which resulted in him spinning. Again slowed down to let him back past. Ended up 4th again which i'm pretty happy with.

Final note. I'm running a wireless broadband setup which is fine for playing on aussie servers but not so good for overseas. If my lag was too much of a problem let me know. I'd rather not race if I'm only going to upset other people's racing.

Final note. I'm running a wireless broadband setup which is fine for playing on aussie servers but not so good for overseas. If my lag was too much of a problem let me know. I'd rather not race if I'm only going to upset other people's racing.

I spent lots of time behind you so I can comment. You did have a little lag but not severe enough to be a problem. It wasn't consistent either, just every now and then.
From my viewpoint it was ok.

• Steve Perryman

I thoroughly enjoyed both races, got caught up in the 1st corner incident race 1, but no probs, 1st time I've raced such a large grid in this game, awesome stuff.
Followed Wally and was catching at the end but too far away.
2nd race was following Wally again, with Cam behind, Cam got past me but then got caught up in an incident that I luckily managed to avoid getting any damage from, then with 1 lap to go I outbraked Wally for 10th I think, His tyres were stuffed, mine not quite as stuffed.
Both races mid field but Fun, and that is the whole point, so I'll see yas next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes