RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Eric,

Keep in mind that the Spring is here in the USA. you will likely see some dwindling of players as weather is no longer keeping us indoors during the wicked cold. Used to battle attendance issues all the time in my other online sailing sim as once sailing IRL was going, the sim just lost steam until fall.

I am always searching for events and can only catch them once in awhile as real life is eating at my time constantly. I would say that keeping things consistentl;y scheduled may help as then a guy like me could always park that thought in my head that something is always on a particular night.

Hope that helps ya some. I know how hard it can be to be a leader in the sim world.

Small field, but some good racing had by all I think:good:

Thought I was running in the DTM with all those Mercs:laugh2:

The rear wheel drive cars mugged me on both starts!!:rotfl:

P3 and P5 was better than I though I'd do. I'd never run on the short circuit b4. Wasn't very comfortable in the bigger breaking zones with the Pug 308. Don't think I've used it outside of the STCC tracks other than Brands Indy.

Think I'll try and spend a bit more time with it when I can.

Thanks all for some gr8 racing:dance2:

Qualifying: jeeeez, can't remember... it was between Warren and Sean.

Race 1: Awesomeness. Had a great start and rocketed past Marty and a few others, and went up to P2. Stayed there for the majority of the race, trying to hunt down Keith, but he was just too fast. Finished P2, and very satisfied. :victory:

Race 2: P7 start, and took lots of positions again. Went up to P2 again, and had a great fight with Yves for the lead. Ultimately though, I gave him a tap too many and by went Marty. After my pit, I came out 4th, and took the battle with Yves to the very end. Finished P4, ands 3rd in the final standings.

Great racing as always. You guys may consider me an alien now, but I will tell youu this: I will not think of myself as an alien until I have won a race!! :smile-big:

Rhys :D

Not the most enjoyable for me.
I forced myself to use the Merc (er BMS :wink2: ) since I hadn't tried it before. I even spent a lot of time practicing with it so that I could keep it under some sort of control and not cause accidents.
As usual, the more I practice, the worse my luck turns out. :disapointed:

Race 1 was um interesting. I made the expected good start in the BMS and moved alongside Philip quickly. Unfortunately, three more cars moved alongside us, making a 5 wide group heading into turn 1 (and we only had 9 cars in the race). Sheer lunacy, and had disaster written all over it, so I backed off to try to avoid the inevitable, only to be tagged by Marty, who was caught behind the mob. After sorting that out, we had another 4 way group entering turn 1, and as I moved inside to avoid Sean, I tapped Yves and spun him, very sorry Yves. After waiting I was now last. Eventually settled into some clean driving to finish P6.

Race 2 start was even worse. Another good RWD kick of the line, but wasn't quite able to get past Sean, but Yves sneaked past us both. Entering turn 1 for lap 2, I was boxed in behind Sean who had shimmied and weaved his way out of the last turn, causing another mad scramble of cars heading into turn 1 again. The charging mob behind climbed all over us resulting in Keith pushing me into the wall. That pretty much finished my race, the car had suspension, aerodynamic problems and no front splitter. This turned the BMS into a hugely understeering pig, as if it wasn't hard enough to drive before that. After fighting it for many laps, I gave up and parked it into a wall.

Oh well, I can say I have tried the BMS. I actually didn't mind it, and with some luck it may have been enjoyable.

Strange night for me
Quali went well thought I had pole till Keith Nipped it by .1

Race-1 Terrible start from 2nd to near the back. Got going then misjudged the distance to Warren slowing and pushed him around ( sorry Warren) Got going again Pushed hard to 4th behind Rhys and Phillip. Basically held even till finish for 4th.

Race 2 Worse start than race 1. I think I had 1st and 2nd to far apart on gearing and just bogged down and watched everyone going by. Missed the big squeeze into turn 2 and pushed hard to pull up to Yves and Rhys in 1st,2nd. Before I got up to them I saw both almost at a stop after turn 2. I went by into 1st and pushed hard until pit around lap 8. Lost a little time in pit to Yves in 2nd but exited just ahead of him. Managed about a 4 to 5 second gap to finish 1st.

Not the most satisfying win because I think it would have been Rhys's 1st win without the incident that handed me the lead. Had great pace here but couldn't really get it together in either race. Grats to Keith on the race 1 win and overall. Another consistent and fast night for Rhys. See ya next time Marty

• Kyle Evers

I will be able to make it I believe.

Though I must say this track is not modeled very well. But hey that's GTR Evo graphics for ya, amirite?

• Kyle Evers

Wish I could make it. Won't be at my mom's (which is where my racing rig is) plus Sunday I'll probably be with my GF. Otherwise you'd bet your ass I'd be doing 60 laps at Spa :D.

• Kyle Evers

Is there anyone here who would like to answr some questions about the race? If so tell me, I'll PM you. Going to try to get some short interviews into this portion of the US weekly gazette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes