RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Sam Beason

LLLLAAAGGGGGG I was having a fantastic race in the back of the pack :)
passing quite a few cars and moving up the pack then I saw the red viper not sure who it was. It lagged a few times and I thought I passed it then BOOM!! I crash into an invisible car. I am very sorry to who ever I slammed into full speed. Honestly it was not me I checked the replays and you can clearly see the red viper vanish a couple of times then my car hits nothing and flipps over the wall.

edit: Very frustrating this was the first race I knew I was not going to loose I was doing well :(

Q-17 F-13(blown engine)

Was a great race after getting through the T1 shenanigans, ran good consistent laps and got upto 6th, closing on 5th but tyres were a bit iffy and rounding last turn couldn`t keep it turned in and smashed into the back of John Sydenstricker (sorry about that), who had pulled wide to let us pass.

I was waiting for John, he said Go so I did and engine blew at T1, flames everywhere and lucky to escape with my life.

Apologies to John Sydenstricker :kiss2:

Thanks for the event Eric. :kiss2:

Thanks for hosting RD :kiss2::kiss2:

I finished 11th due to my braking errors. Sorry to anyone that was behind me, especially Chris Vic, I think I held you up alot. I'm amazed at fast you guys go thruough the corners! I did manage to stay out of the T1 pile up, but only because my starts are so slow. Still had alot of fun. Thanks RD and Eric!

I have to say that I can't work out how I lost 1st place in race two???

I had 2.5 second lead, pitted perfectly and just did tyres, and back on track in 6th with out any problems, but lost 20 seconds on everyone ???!!! and I did a 1.29-1.31 laps the whole race!!

Only issue in both races was on my first lap after pitting on R2 when Warren came out of the pits as I was at ~200km/h on that hard long left hander. I assumed that he would not cut straight to the race line on cold tires, at slow speed and with a car coming at speed.... in the end, I couldn't pull up enough and made contact, I ended up in the sand trap and that was the end of my chances for my first 1st at RD (assuming the pit stop time warp had not happened)...

Gunthar, You were definatly in position for the win and on great pace. You had the gap on me and Cam in 2nd,3rd and its a shame that the pits changed the outcome for you and Cam as well. Handed me a lonely 1st. You can have the win as I think Cam and I were fighting for 2nd honestly. We will do it again good racing!:go-away:

• Kyle Evers

Eh. Pushed toohard on the realy wide turn and sent myself into the wall. Engine got completely damaged - race was over at lap 17 :(.

Hi all, great racing everyone. Thanks to a couple of you guys who gave plenty of room when being lapped:good: Good to drive in a race with people who are considerate of everyone else on the circuit:bashful:

Well my first RD race got off to a good start and after a few laps was running 4th. Made a pass for 3rd after a few more laps and tried to keep in touch with the front 2.

Having closed the gap a little my car didn't want to stop going into T1 on lap 26 and i chewed the wall:curse:

Blamed the car at first and limped it home to 7th. Just watched replay of my accident and i think i downshifted too early and couldn't slow it down:damnit:

Oh well, try again on tuesday. Well done to everyone who finished:good:

Really think RD is going to be a great place to race:hug-right:

An interesting day to say the least! I was very slow in practice and quali. New track and new cars, so I was struggling. Finally settled on the Z4 as the easiest to drive. Figured that would help in a long race. Qualified 11th or so with a 1:14.9.

First lap, there was a furball in turn 1. Smoke and brakes ahead. I braked, and got bounced around, as often happens in furballs. Sorry to anyone I contacted. I was mostly a passenger for that one. I pulled over and waited just in case I messed anyone up. Came back on in last place. Had a nice little fight with Bob L, and slipped by. Managed to move up several more places, with some nice passes, and then I came around turn 1, was flat out in 3rd, and a car suddenly backs across the track! Holy Moly Batman, what do I do now??!! I squeezed over to the far right, and prayed. No joy!:disapointed: As the car continues all the way across the track, and bang! Front left wheel gone, no splitter, broken suspension, etc. making one toasted white BMW. I limped around very slowly to the pits on 3 wheels, and made repairs.

Came out 2 laps down in last place again.:disapointed: Slowly worked my way past a bunch of guys, including Bob L again.:sinister: Had a protracted battle with John S. I got past a couple of times only to make a mistake when a leader was going by, and get repassed! Finally got by, and started realing in the next person. That happened to be John S! I had just unlapped myself from the next guy in line. Spend the rest of the race closing the gap, but with about 8 laps to go, and most of a lap deficit, I never even came close.

A bit disappointing to get taken out of the fight like that, but I did manage to have some nice battles, and got some more practice in at following and overtaking and being overtaken. Overall, it was worthwhile practice, and we all make mistakes. No hard feelings Pascal, but next time, please turn forwards before re-entering the track.:)

Yes Sam I'd rate it a 8 for the numerous sumersalts you did. Bob I was doing a terrible job of getting out of the way. No apology needed.

Very kind John, but it is always the person at the back of a crash that is at fault imho. To many people blame the person in front for braking to early and such when it is upto the person passing to do it cleanly.

You could not have gone any wider due to the barrier.:hug-right:

There certainly was some weird things happen in these races. I pitted behind Cam in Race 2 and when I pulled out, his car was wierdly dancing in the pitbay and hardly moving. It almost looked like it was pushing against some invisible object. Hugely unlucky for Cam.

Gunthar, apologies about our crash as I left the pits. TBH, I looked in my mirrors as I exited and saw noone coming, maybe the hill blocked my view. I thought I took a normal line onto the track, and first I saw you was when you were looming up behind. I didn't think I did anything wrong and was very surprised to be hit, but I'll check the replay later. Very sorry if I cost you the race win.

Apologies to Dietmar for the tap in Race 2, I really tried hard to avoid it. I'll check my replay later to see what happened.

Grats to Marty for the two wins. Our battle in race 1 was a cracker, never more than .5 secs apart all race. Very nice racing.
Well done to Rhys for two podiums, and especially for winning pole in Qualy after only joining the server with minutes to spare and no practice. Brilliant effort.

That proved to be very enjoyable, I even got to sleep in.
Fancy letting an Aussie win in a USA event on a USA track, but at least I drove a yank car. :rotfl:

The Viper seemed well suited to the track, provided I could keep it under control and not chew the tyres too much.
Qualified P2 behind Pierre but the top three or 4 were very close. I knew I was in for a battle with the Astons around me.

Started ok and held P2 behind Pierre for a few laps but had Matt nipping my heels. Pierre finally made a tiny error and went too wide around the sweeper, giving me the chance to sneak past and put a gap to Matt who was pushing me very hard. As Matt and Pierre got involved in their scrap, I could open the lead and held it for about 20 laps but then Matt started to close again. Just as he was getting very close he pitted. That gave me a comfy margin of about 6 secs and then it became a case of whether my tyres would go the distance. They were very mushy at the end (40% left) but I was able to back off and carefully manage the last few laps to take the win. :)

Thanks to all who raced, it was a good turn-out. Really nice track too.
Well done to Pierre and Matt for the podium.

EDIT: I also saw the same lagging of the red Viper during practice, it gave me a fright a one stage too.

EDIT2: Apologies to the red Viper, I think it was the red Aston that lagged near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes