RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Good race all, though was a shame only about 10 people finished.

Qualified 19, no pace at all. Made a few overtakesat the beginning and as the laps past people retired and slowly I was moving up. Then came across Moutinho, who must have been struggling with tires as i seemed to be faster. Had a brilliant battle with you, put of my pitstop off until there were bare fumes to carry it on! Was hoping to resume when you came out of the pits but you never did, what happened?

After that it was a run to the finish, and not getting lapped kept me going, put in my fastest laps at this stage, which probably shows I need extra practice!

Andrew mate ... my back is still buggered so think it best to rest it for my final 2 hour RDGTP race tomorra night, so probably not gonna make it tonight ... leave me on the list unless it fills up though eh, just in case I can't resist this little beauty eh? :evil:

Well I went into this race praying I don't knock anybody off, and that I finish.
I know I definetly did the latter, and hopefully didn't tap anybody off!

Qualied 15th place, got an okish start was looking at P14 into T1 but just a feather touch from the car inside tiped me towards the outside, where I just managed to hold it, T2 was good at this stage I think I was P17, then into the left hand Hairpin, I saw a car getting spun ahead and so tried to take evasive action pronto, as a pile-up seemed imminent, I think I spun somebody slightly in doing so, but can't remember who, so I let the whole field past and dropped back to 23rd. I wasn't sure who I hit, and I didn't want to cause any upsets on my first race, so I jsut let everybody through to be safe.

Pretty much was at the back the whole time, didn't overtake a soul from Lap 7 till lap 44 where I finished the race, by this time, my car felt pretty bad, after a couple of slight hits on the tyre walls, but managed to finish 11th due to other people ahead dropping out due to the tyre walls by the sounds of it.

Overall, good first club race, and thanks to the RD staff for organising this event, really gave me a good impression of the club!

Hope to see you fella's soon for more racing!

Regards

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

practice went realy well and i had a good felling for the race.

quali started well but times were very close and i was soon down in 10th, but manged to go a few tenths faster which got me 6th.

race. got a nice start and was 3 abreast into t1, but a small touch saw david go wide and i was in 2nd behind Bob, lap 2 i was a bit to hot into t1 and tagged Bod luckly he held it but Yves slipped by, then 2 corners later i did the same to Yves who also held his position and Rob got past me. sorry guys.
realsing my head was still in quali mode i backed off a bit to get my head in gear, then pushed on to catch back up. i could see yves & Rob were battleing and slowing them selfs up, as i caught Rob, Yves was pulling away and Rob seemed to let me by, presumably so he could tag along as i tried to catch Yves.
after Yves crashed i had Gary closing me down and when he caught me i expected him to sail past and i even gave him some half chances to pass, but he seemed happy to run behind me. then i braked a little to late for the chicane which caught Gary out and he clipped the tyres.
now clear in 2nd place and 5 secs behind Bob, unable to close the gap i pitted on lap 22 then pushed as hard as i could on my 1st laps, but Bob had a small mistake in the pits handing me the lead and a 3sec advantadge.
with 18 or so laps to go Bob did a fanstaic job of hunting me down and closing the gap to half a second. but i managed to keep my nerve and i new so long as i didnt make a mistake he would struggle to pass me.
amazingly i did it and i got the WIN :first: :in-love:

great racing there Bob m8, was without a dout 1 of the best races i`ve ever had, and the most enjoyable win :hug-right:

thanks Yves and RD and i`ll see ya next week :worship:

• Andrew Evans

ok, i've split the list in two... please don't hassle me about switching servers.... also, please check back just before the start as there's bound to be last minute shuffles as others drop out/sign in....

good news is we just scrapped enough entrants to run all rounds... so good luck and catch y'all this evening! :wave:

Qualifying: 12th with a 1:51.344
Race: 8th

After a good start off the line (passed a bogged down Dietmar) it was looking ok as we all went around the first couple of corners, held position expecting it to go smoothly from the guys up front but as usual a couple of guys tried to come flying through the field all to quickly and there was mayhem for a while and i ended up getting tagged and spun facing the wrong way and in last place with damage to the car:disapointed:.

It always beats me why after so long a qualifying session where people have the chance to show just how fast they can go that they then feel the need to make amends and get as far up the front as they can within the first 2 or 3 corners. Guys if you were not good enough to get up front after 30 minutes of qualifying then why try to get there withing 2 or 3 corners? We have 80 minutes of great racing ahead of us or at least most of us would have but what usually happens is that some guy muscles past a better driver at the start then spends the next couple of laps constantly watching his mirror as the faster driver crawls all over the back of him looking for a way past and it usually ends with the poorer driver crashing out ending his race (and maybe others) all to prematurely. :rant:

Ok rant over now :wink2:

Despite it being a crazy first lap i continued on with my bashed up little mini and started making up the places and i made it up to 11th without to much bother but then i pulled up behind Carlos and i lost a lot of time following him and it took me ages before i got past him. With my car being damages from lap 1 i decided to pit early so i went in at the end of lap 18 for a very long pit stop, but when i came out the car felt great and i was soon going half a second per lap quicker than i was before:dance2: and after everyone had pitted i found myself a bit further up the field and i think i got as high as 7th but the extra laps my tyres had done started to tell and I could not hold off David Stephenson as he was so quick in that last sector and he pressured me into making a mistake which let him through and i had to settle for 8th.

So all in a good result considering the 1st lap mayhem and thanks to all who made it a good race.:thanks:

• Andrew Evans

servers are up for round 1... matt crouch will be my eyes on server 2... he'll be capping the results there at the end of the race....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes