RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Interesting race :)

I was late because of traffic! Rushed home full speed, needed to find parking space (5min to race starts). I started to run to my house as a warmup and while i am timetrailing by foot Ramon calls, sorry for not answering this is way, with 2 (!!) to go. Kicked in my own door, booted up the computer, tried to catch some breath, install myself and YES i am in with 17 seconds left in warmup.
There we go, a race in the dark with zero laps as preparation. In t4 i smack myself too hard causing full course yellow. Jerome Benard and i decide to pit during yellow and we catch up nicely when our service was done!
But then: i loose control flip over the barrier and get DSQ :) Ramon decides to restart the server and off we go.
I decided to be assist car: bringing home Mr Hercek to the pit and guide Ingo in his journey to the mechanics and the something happend what never happened to me before in rfactor: disconnection! :D end of race and story

I managed to roll it and then car went outside of the track. I went all around the track but there was no place to rejoin.

Plus i also had no ffb, which disappeared after the third restart.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4JdWNVybRM[/media]

Computer froze. Had to restart. Can't login on server:(!

EDIT: You to Sam.. This sucks

Maybe I got a problem: The screen froze with one picture. My G25 turned all the way to the right. Nothing worked:CTR+ALT+DEL, ALT+TAB, ESC, ENTER... I suspect it was a normal crash, but maybe I have a PC-issue?

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Bram that was brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed the race was great fun driving in the dark (1st time). Thanks for the restart appreciate it.

Thanks to Rd and bram for organising the event

cya next week :)

• Jerome Benard

Very amazing race :laugh2:

More bump into the barriere and lots of fun, i was more lucky and i finished 3 rd with no pit . :clap:

Thanks all ( and for restarts), see you next monday on the mad track of Mccowieseum :lol: :lol:

:dance2:

Good first race had a nice little battle with a few drivers.

2nd race I had an awful start and span causing a bit of a pile up, I am terribly sorry to all caught in that, but I'm pretty sure I was the only one with race ending damage.

Again very sorry.

• Nick Fine

That was my first RD race and I'm still raging. First race was my nub mistake - a comedy of errors - but the second was just outright stupidity/bad driving on whoever took me out.

First race: I jump the gun by getting into 1st before the lights went, instant black flag. I do my first lap, all is good, avoid the trouble, keep it clean....come into the pits and serve my penalty. On the way out I get on the gas a little too soon and another black flag. I come into the pit a bit too keenly and overdo it, wedging myself in the crash barrier between the pits and out of bounds. Had to quit out because I was stuck in a repeating hell of teeth gnashing and growling. Not pretty. Ah well, there's always race 2.

Race 2: First couple of laps are going well, there's carnage everywhere and I'm avoiding it all - and in 9th going into T1 on L3. I'm braking for the corner and some thwaite comes out of nowhere and shunts me clean off the road, causing suspension trouble and a puncture. I'm fscked already. Rage ensues.

Not fun. First race was totally me, but that second race I got taken out by someone who clearly had no idea.....it wasn't a passing attempt, just a clear lack of clue. I thought RD was better than that tbh.... not impressed...

First rfactor event and have to say it was great fun :D was having a great battle with Jerome for 4th early on and had enough fuel to do the whole race but decided to pit and made a right arse of it :( but still finished a very lucky 4th :) put me down as a definite for next week :D

Incase you haven't guessed... Toni won... lol. Grats sir.

I had a good race... or atleast a reasonable race, up until the light faded.

Once in the dark (I've no excuse, this wasn't anywhere near my first night race), I was at a loss for far too long. I flipped it a few times, in the dark. Luckily, never as badly as Bram or Ben.

While Ben n Ramon were still in the race, I was well outclassed. Ramon had a nasty crash and lost alot of time, giving up 2nd. Ben had pleasure in reminding me, he'd crashed, had no ffb and was still keeping the gap over 10 secs... lol. I started losing time back to Toni. As I pitted, Toni was nearly on me anyway... So inevitably, I'd lost second.

From then on, I was just surviving... incredibly lucky to come away with 2nd. Toni was so close to lapping everyone... lol.

That was my first RD race and I'm still raging. First race was my nub mistake - a comedy of errors - but the second was just outright stupidity/bad driving on whoever took me out.

First race: I jump the gun by getting into 1st before the lights went, instant black flag. I do my first lap, all is good, avoid the trouble, keep it clean....come into the pits and serve my penalty. On the way out I get on the gas a little too soon and another black flag. I come into the pit a bit too keenly and overdo it, wedging myself in the crash barrier between the pits and out of bounds. Had to quit out because I was stuck in a repeating hell of teeth gnashing and growling. Not pretty. Ah well, there's always race 2.

Race 2: First couple of laps are going well, there's carnage everywhere and I'm avoiding it all - and in 9th going into T1 on L3. I'm braking for the corner and some thwaite comes out of nowhere and shunts me clean off the road, causing suspension trouble and a puncture. I'm fscked already. Rage ensues.

Not fun. First race was totally me, but that second race I got taken out by someone who clearly had no idea.....it wasn't a passing attempt, just a clear lack of clue. I thought RD was better than that tbh.... not impressed...

Hi Nick, don't get too angry about it, we all make mistakes at times and as I've found in my short time of being on here its a totally different situation when you watch the replay.

Don't give up on RD. :good:

Qual 5th, finished 1st in race one, race to was a non event.

Well it was a mixed kind of night and not just for myself by the look of it :thinking:. Started off with had a vpu crash during practice so rebooted the system and rejoined.
Qualified in 5th (or 4th once Sam dropped out) and got off to a good start and was in 3rd place going up the hill and was looking forward to trying to hang on to the back of Brad or Gary but they had a coming together at the bottom of the hill which gifted me the lead.
After that i managed to pull out a lead of 4+ seconds and had a pretty uneventful race.

Was looking forward to some good scraps in race 2 but it was not to be as i appeared to be about the only car on the grid:disapointed::weep:, tried the + / - to change cars but it was still the same so hit esc.

Sorry you never got to enjoy a race on your return Sam, it is a pity as you were looking so good around here.

Thnx to everyone

couple of screen shots from the grid on race 2

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2009-02-16 21-24-39-35.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-02-16 21-24-39-35.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Race_Steam 2009-02-16 21-24-46-81.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-02-16 21-24-46-81.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Matt Crouch

I'm going to make this post now seperately of my main post for the benefit of Nick

Apologies for hitting you off the track, but I've never seen anyone brake that early for that corner. I slowed as quickly as I could as soon as I could see you were braking there but there was nothing I could do to avoid running into you. I know the driver in front can never brake too early, and maybe I could have anticipated it better, but what's done is done and I hope you don't think that I would deliberately do anything like that.

I was on a perfectly normal line round coming into that corner, but after the race nuno said I was invisible to him - maybe you had the same issue?

edit: Just to add that looking at the replay, if I had continued on to my normal braking point at full speed I would have hit you before even reaching the point I would say most people start braking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes