RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Easily my worst race on RD. :disapointed:

Qualifying: Messed up my hotlap, so qualified 16th.

Race: I started well, having moved up to 7th by the end of the first lap, but I braked too late for turn 1 and smashed into a wall, taking off my splitter. I slowly toured around the track, back around to the pits, and took a new splitter and some more fuel. I was almost lapped by the leaders, so I slowed down to let them by. Dave, Michael, Warren and Jari got by me, but I must have slowed down in the wrong place when it came to Pascal, because he went into my rear. I am so, SO sorry Pascal! :sad: I must have completely ruined your race.

Feeling that I would be a danger to others, and out of respect to Pascal, I decided to call it a night. Really sorry again, Pascal.

Rhys :(
hello no probleme GOOD RACE GOOD EXPERIENCE

Pascal

Can I just ask how guys were pull 1:50s and even lower? I'm so jealous, how much does setup make a difference? I'm hoping it's alot otherwise it means I'm just not very good! lol. Either way it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn to get a good setup, all I do at the moment is gears and wing pretty much.

Was great fun though, I also ran out of fuel first race but finished 12 after running a clean race from 19 on the grid. Second race wasn't so good because I was in no mans land with the faster guys behind me shooting away and people behind falling back battling each other. Good stuff nonetheless.

In the Mini section there are no timings for that layout, I was there yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, ok I left the game with a Minidump (would it be called 'Seatdump' if I would have been with a Seat there :) ), but I know Bob and Gregory have also been there with a Mini...

It is going to be a tricky one tonight, i should of spent some time practicing this track/car combo yesterday but instead i had a blast in the 87 Alfa @ Jerez :laugh2: But it will be just as much fun starting from the back:tremble:

One more for laughs.

Gunthar was asking for some feedback and complaints, so a couple of Holdens showed him what they thought of his Team Kiwi Falcon.

No respect for the Mod Developers here. :rotfl:

v8guntharcy5.jpg

Yes.................................................................................:quiet:

Not the way I planned to get through T1 L1 R2.... As you can imagine it was somewhat hard racing the next 15 laps with steering wheel at 30 degrees off center...

Still .... great fun...

Another fine event as I liked the track, the car class and the distance.

I will leave the “weather” conversation for another opportunity; I need to do a little bit more research on the matter ;)

Qualifying
I thought I could go high 10’s only went low 11 (3rd), not that important but it was fun to see the Vertigos in the 1st row (doing low 10’s).

Having tested the Vertigo around the track I knew they were capable of doing high 12’s in race and were the cars who consumed less fuel (they could go 27/28 laps with 65L), so I thought all things going normal the race was theirs and I would be left to fight with the Vipers for the remaining podium place which would be a real pain since the Vipers do low 11’s in race like the Z4 but with a difference, they go “ fast” in straight line and go “slow” in corners.

Race
The Start

From 3rd did a good start but was unlucky has the 1st didn’t so I had to move by the left. Was first for a few meters then all hell broke loose

I didn’t like, some of you did, but I didn’t and will explain.

1. The 5th (Rafael Barbosa) was overtaking everybody on the left side going completely outside of the track. If I was fully on the left side (overtaking Ben), how could there be a car to my left?!! If this was a Simbin track, I bet that would be a stop & go.
  2. As I said I was 1st for a few meters, then I sow Gary doing a “Barbosa” but on the right side over the pit exit, which I can “eat” since it was the 1st lap. Now the problem is, we couldn’t all 3 do the turn side by side, if we did only one would come out. My 1st thought was, well I’m on my line “eat that!”, then and thankfully I though no, the Viper as more inertia, I will "bite the dust", so I played the chicken role, and took the feet off the accelerator and gave the road to them…. I wonder if I didn’t, what would have happened, one day we will know :p
  3. As I took the feet of the accelerator (turning) I was hit from behind by Ben Tusting the car was unbalanced and had to catch it and dropped to 5th (one example of the blurriness of the golden rule, I lost time, he lost time but he was behind me, nothing could/should be done).

So what’s wrong with all these? Why am I “barking” here?

As some of you know I usually virtual race in a known public server, and there, the “silver” of the house knows very well that we don’t win races on the 1st corner, especially endurance races.Notice it is a “simple” public server and the race only lasts about 30 minutes… not 75 minutes
:p

When the things sort of cooled down, the 1st was going away and 2nd to 5th (me) were more or less together. Rafael Barbosa (Seat) who earlier had done that “brilliant” start was losing places (a second per lap slower).

So I was attacking his 4th.

To me he was lagging (I don’t know if it was me, him, the server or both), his ping to mo was 200ms but above all his car jumped back and forward on the track. One of those times he jumped back, I bumped into him (sorry). He did a 180° and I had to wait for him…

Dropped to 16th:(

Back on the track and by now noticing the car is giving 3km/h less than it should (no doubt result from the front and rear bumps on the bodywork), focused myself and circulated in the 13s and climbed back to 7th (many of you let me go by, thanks).

There I caught Fernado Almeida (6th) and his DB9, although he was 2 secs/lap slower than me, he decided to give me a run.
His DB9 was fast going straight but very unbalanced turning, so he did very strange lines while cornering. He would lose the ideal line, than cut back inside (many times exiting slow from the turn) and one had to be very careful. Nevertheless, obviously I wasn’t sufficiently careful so I bumped him one of the times and he did a 180° (sorry) and I had to wait for him.

Dropped again, now to 10th… :(

Again, after a few laps I caught him (he was 9th now, the result of our earlier contact), again he gave me a run…
It was fun, but (virtually) dangerous, we crossed each other’s front a few times, and in one of them it was the last as he stayed behind.
Not a full lap after I finely overtook him and climbed back to 9th, he left the server… :(
My jaw dropped, at the time I was thinking, "I’m so unlucky”, I’ve a fight with someone that made us both lose so much time, only to have him drop the server right after it !
One goes to think, why in an endurance race a guy that is slower 2 secs/lap tries so desperately to defend his position (when 2/3 of the race are still to go) and then leaves the server?!

In the end I sow the replay, and he went in so late for that chicane that the result was only avoidable going straight, but he turned and braked…

Mid. race

After that the race went into “normal” mode for me and had no more “incidents”, it was about time since we were about lap 10.

For the 3rd time caught Adam Vaughan (he was 8th at the time), and once again he let me go by, thanks mate as by now I bet you were dizzy watching me going front-back front-back :D

About lap 12, caught the group of 4 that was fighting for 4th (Matt the 4th in a Viper was losing pace as his tires were going), so for a few good laps there were together 5 cars: 1 Viper, 1 Seat (Barbosa again :D) and 3 Z4s (including mine the 8th that had just arrived).

Knowing well how the Viper "works", I could imagine the “pain” going inside the heads of those Z4s (virtual) drivers, so I decided to be fast through them taking every opportunity of small errors.

I was bit aggressive (taking the line when it was given) but not rude (I hope) and before I knew it, was in 4th (had to have some luck too).

When going over the grid on the lap 13th I was a full 32 secs behind the 3rd (Yves Larose/Viper) and I knew my race for the podium was in any normal circumstances over (again).

Did my programmed pit stop on lap 15th, it went ok, although Matt Alpeter did better and left the pit right after me.
We were 6th and 7th now but 2 people had to stop yet.
On that exit lap we cough one of them, Leandro who was struggling with his tires. With both on could tires (Matt and me) he went by me over the finishing line (damn Viper) and we had a fight for a lap or two. After that I overtook him (he sort of gave up of having me “messing” his Viper lines, thanks) and I was again 4th with 3rd over 20 secs in front.

End race

And there he stayed; in the end the distance was about the same, I was racing alone as Matt dropped behind (over 15 secs) and I noticed he was now fighting with his “usual1st part of the race mates.

I never went faster than high 12’s wish sort of can be explained by all the fight on the 1st part of the race, but not the 2nd as I was racing alone for about 12 laps, well maybe (as stated earlier) by the bumps on the bodywork from those 3 close encounters (1 front and 1 in the rear).

Obviously finished 4th and all in all another eventful race (wish in a way is good), my congratulations to all podium finishers (especially our winner) and my thanks to the (now) usual organizers and all that participated (mainely those who didn't dropped).

Lol,
I think this is my record, another long post,sorry... maybe I should seek some professional help:D

When it switched over to race it DQed me.:disapointed: Oh, well. Hope it was a fun race!

If that was the case (and I’m not doubting) why didn't we restart? Did you tell anything to a
anyone? I didn't notice... :(

...Then... the pitstop. Don't ask me how, but once I got in, wet preset loaded... and again, don't ask me how, I just couldn't change to dry. Tried everything ..

Having tried to run the Z4 there with wet tires on a dry track, I know I was about 3 full seconds slower with them as the tires temperatures would go up to the 115-120º C after 3 or 4 laps.... So you sure did a very good job.

Hi there friends

nice race
1st race hayden walker car was stoped in the midle of track cause of lag and i crash in this car and over for me

2 race was very fun a very nice and clean fight with bob until last turn was
very fun bob thank u very much

congrats to the winners and all

• Alex Guehennec

In the Mini section there are no timings for that layout, I was there yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, ok I left the game with a Minidump (would it be called 'Seatdump' if I would have been with a Seat there :) ), but I know Bob and Gregory have also been there with a Mini...

+1
track is not on F3000 list too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering