RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fantastic evening!

I do believe that was my first ever online race!
Apologizes to anyone I hit or pushed of track (I was a little out of it some times!)

Race1: Kyamali
Qualified 12-ish and finished 8. Never driven the car or the track before, but I loved both!!

Race2: Porto
Qualified 7-ish and finished 3. Took it easy and it paied off!

Race3: Valencia
Qualified 7-ish and finished 15-ish. Had an accident in the start and a following puncture. Cruised to finish 15-ish. New car and track again, but lovely car! Very entertaining handling and sound:)

Time for a :beer: and :eat:

Can't wait for the next event:)

Random Quirky fun!! :good: :D

1.8 laps long battle with Brad,great fun.
2.Epic T3 failure from pole start...first retirment cup is mine....
3.Lovely nitro jump from the lights to almost take lead for T1,but Brad cut my nose off.....then he went wide at T1 and the lead was mine to the finish :D.

Loving your sprint nights work again Andrew mate,cheers! :good:
Thank Yous to RD.
Sorry Gary, that was me who cut you up, thought I had room to defend but didn't

• Matt Crouch

interesting one :cyclops:

first race, qualid pretty ok in the top 10 but slowly lost place after place as I completely forgot the line after a couple of laps, on the plus side I managed to make up 3 places in the last lap and finished 10th :D

second race, porto seems much easier in these than the minis :D. Real chaos at the chicane of death on the first lap. As I came round the corner before the person in front had locked up and made loooads of smoke and I couldn't see the chicane until I was through it. Unfortunately just in front someone hit the tyres and there was a bit of cloggage. My car was still in fairly good condition though so tried to get it out the way (sorry for reversing in the way Jason I just couldn't stay on the tyres or it would have caused more chaos) and continued on to finish in 5th

Third race was going okay, pretty difficult in these cars. Unfortunately an interesting manouvre from Lewis (I think it's pronounced Louis) put me down from 7th to 12th, but just a bit of fun so no probs. Few laps later I got a S&G for "cutting" that very broken corner for the third time. Finished 13th

Thanks for the event :). Always good to have the sprints - the GT seats are pretty weird though :sick2:

Well it was quite eventful for me too!

1st race, as you can see from previous posts, had to contend with my car in auto (which I'd never used in the game before) thought id try to be clever and get a decent start on the grid by holding myself in position on the brake - didnt realise that this automatically reversed me into whomever was in 13 place! Major apologies for that one! Did alright in the race until I raout of fuel (Schoolboy error, wont be doing that again!)

2nd race, again, qualified about mid grid, and was picking up places nicely until someone t-boned the end of the pit lane next to the chicane of death. My reactions werent good enough and I totalled my car

Race 3 was the best result for me, qualified in 21st I think, but ended up finishing in 7th. Didnt like the car or the circuit (mainly because of the auto box I think) but definately had fun anyway.

Really wanted to say thanks for the racing, and the laughs on teamspeak too. You guys made me feel very welcome, and I look forward to joiing in on some more races in the future

Cheers All!

Had a bit of a 'mare to be honest ...

Porto lap 1, chicane approaching, rounded corner in 6th flat chat to see ???insert drivers name here??? completely sideway on the track in front, managed to squeeze down right hand side but was completely off line and past my braking point - so bam go I into tyres and several others into me (I was hitting ESC as I hit the tyres :))
No worries on whoever it was sideways, its the curse of Porto for me. One day I will get to race or get past that damn chicane without coming a cropper as part of someone else's accident, at least I hope so :pray:

Valencia national ... no prior in car or on National track before, it showed, finally landed the chicane on national bit of circuit on my inlap in quali.

Race ... oh dear, big apologies - seems my ISP is having a bit of fun with me tonight - disco at Kyalam, then as race was about to start I got a synchronising stutter again, which made me twitch and slightly lift the clutch so getting a false start S&G :doh:
Worse than that, as the race started there was lag galore for me ... I had cars tucked in close all around me which were also jumping around like mad with my lag, so I as scared to do anything. All of a sudden I saw Knut to my right slowing far quicker than the rest of us ... I swerved slightly to miss him, clipped the arse end of Jeroen's car and all hell broke loose :sad:
Really sorry chaps but it was a bit like driving with a strobe light on ... and if its any consolation I did wait till everyone departed before setting off again myself :yield:
So ... I then took my S&G so was nearly a lap down by the time I started lap 2 :rolleyes:, but decided to use the rest of the race as training, and try to go quick enough to stop Gary from lapping me (just managed that and set my fastest lap on final lap of race ... 1:16.3, which seemed quite good IMO.

Great night and ideas Andrew ... misfortune was my mistress tonight unfortunately.
Apologies again to anyone involved in my misfortunes - most of em were beyond my control :disapointed:

interesting one

first race, qualid pretty ok in the top 10 but slowly lost place after place as I completely forgot the line after a couple of laps, on the plus side I managed to make up 3 places in the last lap and finished 10th :D

second race, porto seems much easier in these than the minis :D. Real chaos at the chicane of death on the first lap. As I came round the corner before the person in front had locked up and made loooads of smoke and I couldn't see the chicane until I was through it. Unfortunately just in front someone hit the tyres and there was a bit of cloggage. My car was still in fairly good condition though so tried to get it out the way and continued on to finish in 5th

Third race was going okay, pretty difficult in these cars. Unfortunately an interesting manouvre from Lewis put me down from 7th to 12th, but just a bit of fun so no probs. Few laps later I got a S&G for "cutting" that very broken corner for the third time. Finished 13th

Thanks for the event :). Always good to have the sprints - the GT seats are pretty weird though :sick2:
Ah **** sorry man, i'd lost control of the car then was trying to get off the racing line but you were trying to go the same place. Sorry about that.

Worse than that, as the race started there was lag galore for me ... I had cars tucked in close all around me which were also jumping around like mad with my lag, so I as scared to do anything. All of a sudden I saw Knut to my right slowing far quicker than the rest of us ... I swerved slightly to miss him, clipped the arse end of Jeroen's car and all hell broke loose :sad:
Really sorry chaps but it was a bit like driving with a strobe light on ... and if its any consolation I did wait till everyone departed before setting off again myself :yield:

Sorry about that one. I realized I was braking way to early. Tried to keep well to the right after that, but I guess I was in your way:)

• Andrew Evans

quality funs, gents...

kyalami was a bit of a mare... last minute inspired setup change actually made it understeer worse, if that's even possible... couldn't get around any corners... but ultimate lulz for mikes unique method for psyching out the guy behind him on the grid :D

porto, i do deeply love this track...mmmmmother!.... alas, first time thru the chicane of death i come across a bbq already well underway... i counted at least five cars at the centre of the action and at least another two or three backwards just prior to the chicance.... arrrrfmedo... nice burgers tho.... :nod:

valencia... found the gts to be more driveable than the gtc.... start line shenans with the pole bug meant i grabbed about half the field on the way down to t1... then stupidly late breaking meant i spun it round and found myself last again... still. by the end was back up to mid pack...

teamspeak was the lovely lovely... i can't stress enough the extra dimension of joy that it brings to proceedings... so long as you're able to filter out the noise when needed :arfmont:

biggest surprise of all was find out that lewis is actually french... nysh! :becky:

Sorry about that one. I realized I was braking way to early. Tried to keep well to the right after that, but I guess I was in your way:)

NP's mate ... wasn't trying to cast any blame your way, just hadn't expected it, nor was I sure it was happening at first with having the lag problem. :moneymouth:

Identified my internet issue ... wife was working and uploading large docs whilst I was racing ... gonna have to have words with her on that one :wink2:... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back