R3E Club Racing…. Suggestions Page!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hi folks,

Well, the club has been back up a running for a while now and seems to be maturing quite nicely, so thank you to everyone who has participated in the races so far.. it’s very much appreciated :thumbsup::) I would like to particularly thank those of you who sign up for events week in week out, our little core group of people who continually participate in the races is growing weekly… I’m sure come the end of summer we will have a great group of racers fighting for position in large closely matched grids across the great variety of content on offer within our favourite sim… the future really is looking good here at RD with R3E, and I’m excited to be sharing it with you all in the coming weeks and months….

I wanted to create this thread as an opportunity for you all to offer your thoughts and opinions on what content and format the race club should take going forwards… please do use this thread to float ideas, make requests and just generally chat about what sort of things you want to see from your club in the future.
When we restarted this club a few weeks ago, it was decided to offer up a consistent weekly approach to our racing for the week, keeping the same track all week (something that will remain for the foreseeable future) and offering a consistent serving of week in week out. As you are probably already aware, the current format looks like this:
Monday – WTCC 2014
Tuesday – DTM92 & TC Classic
Wednesday – WTCC 2014 Double Header
Thursday – ADAC 2013/14
Friday – DTM 2013
Saturday – Alternates weekly
Sunday – Multi Class Endurance (alternate cars)

All races currently run to 30 mins each session (with the exception of Wednesday and Sunday).
A basic rule of thumb is that events should start and finish within 90 minutes as a standard practice. Ideally I try and keep to within this time window to allow those of us with less free time the opportunity to hop on and participate in these events.

These schedules and timings were created to offer up a consistent approach while the club re-establishes itself within RD, now we have been running a while I feel it is time to make some tweaks and tailor more to what you guys want to see.
I have a couple of things that are set in stone that I don’t want to alter, unless of course you guys all shout up about it and I have no choice :roflmao::D:)!!! These are as follows:
  • Monday and Wednesday will remain as WTCC 2014 events.
  • Wednesday’s double header timings will change to be the following (open to debate on this if you have a better idea) – P1: 10min Q1: 15min R1: 20min – P2: 0min Q2: 20 min R2: 25min (please note, I always aim to set the server up early before the first session starts, so if P1 begins at 18:00GMT for 10 minutes, the earliest I can setup the server would be 17:10GMT)
  • Friday’s DTM will be replaced by GTR3 Fridays (utilizing the soon to be massively updated GTR3 class)
As well as the above, obviously new content will arrive in the future (such as the Audi TT Cup) and these will take priority (if good) and be included in the schedule after release…
What I want from you guys (apart from offering up this opportunity to shout up what stuff you fancy racing) is some suggestions on the following things:
  • Tuesdays – Remain DTM92 & TC Classics or do something else?
  • Thursday – Remain ADAC 13/14 or do something else?
  • Saturdays – Retain use of different cars each week? If so, what do you want to race?
  • Are you happy with the schedule rotation? Do you want to see races in certain classes on different days than current, if so, what class, what day?
  • 30 mins practice, qualifying and race… good or bad? What format do you want to use (double headers, longer/shorter races etc..)
Remember guys, this club is your club and we at RD want to make it something special that you enjoy and want to come back to time and again. The only way we can deliver the best experience for everyone is by working together to build something we all enjoy together.
Now its over to you to make the suggestions and get this thing really off the ground…….
See you on track!

Cheers,

Paul
p.s. Sorry for this bit, but after thinking more about it I thought I better cover myself…. :D
I, as RD staff, reserve the right to have final say on how the schedule and format runs within the R3E Racing Club. Any and all opinions are welcomed, but please respect the final decisions that are made. Please respect others opinions on this thread. If I feel the atmosphere that was intended by this thread is being threatened, or the conversations and comments are getting out of control / not in the spirit of what the intention of this thread is, I reserve the right to close down this topic and remove it from the forums.

Well, might as well start things off.
First of all, I'm very happy with the current formats. Not every race catches my interest, but it's impossible to cater to everyones taste in every race.

As and when the Audi TT Cup gets released, I'd love to see a regular week-day for them.
Big fan of single-make races here. :)
Obviously this means something will have to go though.
Again, if it was up to me, I'd chuck the DTM Fridays. Obviously only my personal preference, I just happen to think that the DTM cars are duller than dirt.
Another option would be to replace the Saturdays, but I kinda like having a day for the 'weird' stuff.

As for the WTCC.
I don't know enough about R3E to know whether it actually allows it, but do we need a second Qualy for race 2?
Isn't is possible to set up a two-race format, and use the results as the grid for race 2 (either standard or reversed).
Doesn't make much difference to me, since I'm usually hours off the pace, but looking at the battles out in front, having a reversed grid sounds like fun.

Finally, while it may be OUR club, it would be for naught without you guys working hard in the background to set the whole thing up.
So kudos to all the staffers, and keep up the good work. :)

Hi @Lars Hansen - Congratulations, 1st post :D

To answer your questions...

DTM Fridays - Already planned to drop and replace for GTR3 Friday (in anticipation of the big update coming soon...)

DTM2013 - Dropping it all together as it just doesnt seem popular.. at the moment anyway. Would love to revist it in future, as its a good series and I've heard good things about the 2015 version..

Reverse Grids - Sadly, not currently available yet. Will be implimented the very second it goes live in the game for sure. We have to work around it for now by having a quali session sadly.. in time ;)

TT Cup - Agree, I would expect this will take a slot on the schedule come release, depending on what others think... personally, very excited about it...

Cheers buddy

Paul

Right guys, to get the ball rolling I've posted below my proposed new format for club races going forward... please let me know if this is suitable, or if you have any alternative suggestions :)

Monday: WTCC 2014 - 30 min Practice / 30 min Qualify / 30 min Race
Tuesday: ADAC 2013/14 - 30 min Practice / 20 min Qualify / 40 min Race
Wednesday: WTCC 2014 Double Header - 10 min Practice 1 / 15 min Qualify 1 / 20 min Race 1 / 0 min Practice 2 / 20 min Qualify 2 / 25 min Race 2
Thursday: DTM92 & TC Classics - 30 min Practice / 30 min Qualify / 30 min Race
Friday: GTR3 Friday's - 30 min Practice / 20 min Qualify / 40 min Race
Saturday: WTCC 2014 Double Header - 10 min Practice 1 / 15 min Qualify 1 / 20 min Race 1 / 0 mn Practice 2 / 20 min Qualify 2 / 25 min Race 2
Sunday: Multiclass Madness - 30 min Practice / 15 min Qualify / 60 min Race

The ADAC events dont seem to be attracting the biggest of grids, and they do seem quite similar cars to the GTR3's so I am up for either swapping this race for something different, or, if they are similar performance to the new GTR3's I will include them in the Friday event and do something different on Tuesdays....

Anyway people... discuss! :D

Thats all good and needs to be discussed ... but at the moment I can not find any events overview! It is very hard für me to sign up for any races because of the latest changes of the website.
The usability and user interface design is just horrible and the new calender makes no difference between the different games ... or at least I can not figure it out.
Please try to strukture it again as fast as possibe and overthink the new calender as it is not userfriendly at all. The old structure gave a way better overview.
sorry for wrinting it down here, but I do not know where there is the right place fpr this ... ;)

Good morning Lucky,
Yes, I see the new calendar is now live as a version 1. It has been noted that the ability to distinguish between sims and time zone's are not available. This is being worked on at the moment.. hopefully a solution can be found..
As for the R3E events, I will be updating and adding them tonight.. hurray :D

Cheers

I would like to see some more 2x 20 minute race day events on weekdays. This will give those a chance to sign up for either the first or second race. Some people can only make the race "just in time" for race 2 or, squeeze in some time for race 1 only. If you messed up in race 1, there will be race 2 to look forward too.
It's only a thought to include everyone of all schedule types. Don't want much to change because Paul's involvement is just simply amazing for the R3E Club.

Thanks for the input Dean, and the kind words (;))..
I too like the x2 race format and am keen to include more of these (as per the suggested format in post 4)... do you guys think 2 double header races in a week is enough / too much (at the moment its only proposed for WTCC but I'm open to suggestions)...
The only word of caution, and this is based on my brief experience of when the club ran x2 races in the past, it sometimes happens that the second race suffers from a large dropout rate before race start, so for example you may have 12 guys in race one, and by the time it gets to race 2 only 5 people start... I don't think (?!) this should be an issue now this club has matured in age slightly and we have more 'regulars' attending, and I am happy to run more double headers, but this issue would need to be kept track of and reviewed on a regular basis just to make sure its not happening to the detriment of the event experience....

So :D in short, yes, more double headers are possible.... currently we have 1... the above in post 4 proposes 2 (all WTCC).. do you want more? Which class would you (Dean & everyone else this is addressed to) want to adopt 2 race format?

As an aside, I was advised (again as per post 4) that race 1 should be 20 min, race 2 25min.. sound good??

Cheers!

The revised schedule looks pretty well balanced. Saturday's, we could continue with the use of different cars, but keep the doubleheader. Maybe race different car claases in each race. Example, Race 1 will be Radicle SR9 and Race 2 will be DTM 2013. Should spice things up a bit. And of course, different cars for the next event and so on...

On Tuesdays, we could run something that will keep the field close together, single make races. Everyone will drive the same car from the same class. Should keep things interesting each Tuesday. Only the most popular cars should be chosen to make everyone happy. Example, the RUF of GTX, Cadillac CTS of GTR2, M1 CUP, and to make things really interesting, a battle - McLaren MP4 120 vs BMW Alpine both of GTR3. Prove that your favorite car will rise to the top of the podium!

And as for double headers, 3 or 4 a week should be good. Endurance on Saturdays. Long 40-45 minute sprints on Fridays. 30 minutes on Mondays. Other days can be double headers. This is very similar to format already in place, so this should work out ok. IMO, these proposed different race day formats and different cars will give people a lot of options for their tastes.

I'm not expecting to see everything I mentioned above implemented in the club races. Just brainstorming;)

Looking at the revised schedule, and I'm a little less wild about it than the original.
Before I say anything else, it should perhaps be pointed out that it won't matter much to me anyway. I'm always juggling GSCE, R3E and Race07 anyway, so no matter what happens I'll still pick and choose from whatever is available that particular day.
But.....

Do we want three touring car races a week?
I know they're by and large the most popular of the bunch, but IMO it's the class where R3E is the weakest. I think that R3E is far better at doing GTs and prototypes (well, and DTM obviously).
But as it stands, R3E can't do two-race formats 'properly' (that is, using the results of race 1 as the grid for race 2), nor are the tracks available really suited for touring cars (again, IMO).
Then again, if the schedule is meant to replace one of the TC days with whatever expansion comes out next, then I'm all for it.

Just my proverbial two cents.

Monday: WTCC 2014 - 30 min Practice / 30 min Qualify / 20 min Race
Wednesday: WTCC 2014 Double Header - 10 min Practice 1 / 15 min Qualify 1 / 20 min Race 1 / 0 min Practice 2 / 20 min Qualify 2 / 25 min Race 2
Thursday: DTM92 & TC Classics - 40 min Practice / 25 min Qualify / 25 min Race
Saturday: WTCC 2014 Double Header - 15 min Practice 1 / 15 min Qualify 1 / 15 min Race 1 / 0 mn Practice 2 / 20 min Qualify 2 / 25 min Race 2

My ideas all i changed is in red so u can check it right away

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit busy and its kind of fried my brain a little so I didn't want to repond to this thread as it might cause me to do some thinking! :roflmao:

Anyway, thanks for the responses so far, some really nice feedback here, much appreciated :thumbsup:

I'll try and respond in order of questions asked, if you feel I need to offer more detail, or have missed something all together, or want to discuss further, just shout up :)

Right, here goes:
The revised schedule looks pretty well balanced. Saturday's, we could continue with the use of different cars, but keep the doubleheader. Maybe race different car claases in each race. Example, Race 1 will be Radicle SR9 and Race 2 will be DTM 2013. Should spice things up a bit. And of course, different cars for the next event and so on...
I would be happy to keep the different cars schedule on Saturday's, however I am noticing a small number of people signing up for these races. This could be the content used, so it might be too early for me to drop this idea. The logic behind another WTCC race on Saturday was 2 fold, first, I wanted an easy event to drop off the list once the new content (TT Cup) is released and second, I wanted to test the water with how popular races are on Saturdays (as I said before, weekend signups are down and WTCC are the most popular, so I thought if we still get low signups for this then its the day that's the issue, not the series in use)
Regarding making this race a double header - yes no problems at all. Assuming I don't get loads of people saying no, I'll make this a double header immediately.
Regarding making a double header for 2 different cars each race, although a nice idea its currently not possible with the server in R3E.

In Summary:
Saturday's - WTCC (or other) or random change of class - which do people want ?
Saturday's as double header - For me, yes... any comments from others?
Saturday's double header as 2 different classes - Not currently possible in game

On Tuesdays, we could run something that will keep the field close together, single make races.
Ok, I understand the logic of this totally. My personal preference is to try and run real life series, or try to replicate real life series as much as possible so the idea of single cars / battles etc doesn't appeal personally.. however that's not really my decision so I'll open it to the guys...

In Summary:
Single car races (such as all RUF) and battle races (such as McLaren v's BMW) - Yes or No?

double headers, 3 or 4 a week should be good. Endurance on Saturdays. Long 40-45 minute sprints on Fridays. 30 minutes on Mondays. Other days can be double headers
Ok, I have to disagree with Enduro on Saturdays (sorry). We already have Enduro Sunday and I think I would like to keep this day as its a nice way to end the week and its already started to become known as the day R3E runs endurance events.
Agree with 40 - 45 minute sprints on Friday's (especially if we run GTR3 class). 30 Minutes on Monday and other days as double header seem fine to me. What do you think about the proposed times for double headers posted above?

In Summary:
Monday race to be 30 mins, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday double header (in format posted earlier). Friday to be GTR3 at 40 or 45 minutes. Saturday double header and Sunday enduro - Agree or disagree?
Moving enduro to Saturday - as stated above, I want to keep this as a Sunday race.. sorry :)

Looking at the revised schedule, and I'm a little less wild about it than the original.
The proposed schedule was purely created to generate discussion and to act as a staring point for people to use when making suggestions. With the exception of Multiclass Madness on Sundays, everything is open and up for discussion! :D

Do we want three touring car races a week?
As posted earlier in this reply, the idea behind this was to both test number of Saturday signups with proven popular content, and to allow an easy option to drop a day for new upcoming content. Again as posted above, Dean offered the option of keeping the current format of changing cars each week on this day, and I have asked for feedback to see what people want to do...

In Summary:
Proposed schedule - Purely for discussion and open to suggested changes
3 WTCC Races - Option to change these to something else or retain current content cycling offered and awaiting feedback from group..

as it stands, R3E can't do two-race formats 'properly'
True and its a shame it cant (yet) do reverse grids. However the idea of double headers is being driven purely by people asking me to include them in the schedule... so really its not in my hands its down to you guys to tell me what you want to race and how you want to race it (see Lars post above)

RE GT's v WTCC - Folks keep flocking to the WTCC races so I keep hosting them!! :D;)

Then again, if the schedule is meant to replace one of the TC days with whatever expansion comes out next, then I'm all for it.
100% correct (as per my above words)

Monday: WTCC 2014 - 30 min Practice / 30 min Qualify / 20 min Race
Thursday: DTM92 & TC Classics - 40 min Practice / 25 min Qualify / 25 min Race
Saturday: WTCC 2014 Double Header - 15 min Practice 1 / 15 min Qualify 1 / 15 min Race 1 / 0 mn Practice 2 / 20 min Qualify 2 / 25 min Race 2

My ideas all i changed is in red so u can check it right away

Thanks Jesse, as per some of the other messages, it seems like further tweaking of the above is still being requested, so I'll take these suggestions under advice at the moment, see what other people post and by close of this week (probably Saturday or Sunday) I'll re post a proposal based on the feedback up to that point, including the above from yourself...

Right guys, I think that's answered everything! Please try and come back to me with responses to some of my questions and offer some further comments, I'm really keen to make this club a 'go to' place for you all and only you know what you want to race :)

Cheers!
Paul

Hey guys,
Yes agree 100% and I will be doing that in the immediate future.
To be perfectly honest with you, I always intended to do this from the beginning but one thing or another (usually food followed by sleep) get in the way and I forget... sorry :(

Going forwards I will make sure I do this after we finish racing, or by the end of the evening at the latest ;)

Cheers!

Just thinking outside the box....
One other thing would help, are updates that include much desired and anticipated content. This will attract drivers in bunches for sure! I've seen it happen in SCE club with MR18, Touring cars, FVees and now the Super V8.

I'm not sure why people can't enjoy what we have now and just let the good things come when they come. I know these updates are clearly out of our hands but regardless, they attract plenty of drivers! So I guess this post is more so directed to Sector 3 Studios, let's go guys! I hear good things are coming to R3E! We need to be patient.
Let's keep signing up here for races, suppport R3E and Paul Jeffrey's efforts! The content will come, for now, let's enjoy what we have. This game deserves double figure sign ups daily. Keep up the good work Paul!:thumbsup: One last thing, I love the variety of different cars/formats used on Sunday's! Just need more drivers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.