Quick Setup Question

Hi All

Can I please confirm that "the setup market" app is definitely gone and will take too much to resurrect ??? I understand the very basics of car setup but would like a fast base setup to work from before making changes to suit. I have been copying peoples setups from youtube as a start.

Can I also ask ... with some setups people have posted here ... what does it mean with "value" for the gears ?? .. eg: below is a setup for 488 GT2 @ Spa ... but what does value mean for the implementation into the game ??

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=3
[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=2
[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=6
[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=14
[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=15
[INTERNAL_GEAR_7]
VALUE=20
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=0

Thanks

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if the Race Department were to acquire the assets of the Setup Market and bring it back to life? There's even an extant in-game app that could bring thousands of setups to the masses.

As to your question, "VALUE" is just a pointer to a gearset that is referenced in the data.acd file. That is, for a ratio like 7/31, a common final-drive combo: 7 teeth on the pinion (drive) gear; 31 teeth on the (driven) ring gear, for an overall ratio of 4.43. A 'shorter' (numerically higher) ratio would give you more acceleration; a 'longer' (numerically lower) ratio would give you more top speed (theoretically). You would have to peek inside the data.acd file to find out what the actual ratios are.

Last edited:
Thanks for that ... I tried to open in the "data.acd" file but windows couldn't find a suitable program. I then googled it and the results was to download this or that program .. which I am cautious in doing.

So what is the best way to view these "ACD" files ?

Thanks for that ... I tried to open in the "data.acd" file but windows couldn't find a suitable program. I then googled it and the results was to download this or that program .. which I am cautious in doing.

So what is the best way to view these "ACD" files ?

You need Content Manager from Ilja Jusupov (aka x4fab). You have to make a small donation, but it's literally priceless. If you can't find it, PM me.

You need Content Manager from Ilja Jusupov (aka x4fab). You have to make a small donation, but it's literally priceless. If you can't find it, PM me.

Hey .... sorry I am already running off CM. I can see the ratio's and when I right click I can see "default value:0 or 2 or whatever" ... but how do I see what "Value:20" =X/Y ratio ??

1612007276319.png

Hey .... sorry I am already running off CM. I can see the ratio's and when I right click I can see "default value:0 or 2 or whatever" ... but how do I see what "Value:20" =X/Y ratio ??

View attachment 440786

Open data.acd with CM and you can see all the numerical values in the transmission/final drive. The numbers for each gear in the setup (i.e., "1." "6," etc.) are pointers, indicators; not values. When you get on an elevator and press "13" that doesn't tell you how many feet above sea level the 13th floor is, it's a pointer, an indicator, not a value. Personally, I prefer an x/y graph to numerical values.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea