Quick release for t-slot aluminum profile

I'm building a custom rig from t-slot aluminum (without plans so at the moment I'm little nervous about how everything will fit together) and I would like to add couple of quick release systems to it but I don't have ideas for them yet. I present here what I want so perhaps someone will point me to a direction where I can achieve what I want:
1) I've ordered Heusinkveld pedals and I would like to have a quick release system that I can use to move clutch and brake pedals left so that when I drive a car with no clutch the brake pedal would be where clutch is on three pedal setup for left foot braking. By accident I made my rig wide enough to allow enough movement. (And pedals have actually arrived already and I noticed one possible problem with this plan, I may need to make some sort of an expansion cable for cable connecting gas and brake pedals.)

2) I intend to install big screen in front of my rig which would also be good for playing Elite Dangerous (that I've bought but not installed yet), that's why I would like to have a quick release system for Simucube 2 (that will hopefully arrive soon) that I can get easily off and place some sort of table in place where I can put (cheap) joystick for Elite.

(3) If I get exited about flight simulators I will at some point want to change the pedals too for flight pedals, that will require another quick release but that isn't most important thing at this moment.)

I hope to get some ideas, I would thing that I'm not only one who wants to alter with two and three pedal setups.

Maybe not quick release, but at least tool-less.
They still needed a couple washers in addition to the 1/4" aluminum shim to get the right spacing that has plenty of T-nut bite, and just clears the 40x40 stock.

View attachment 317577 View attachment 317578 View attachment 317579

Just for completeness the flight pedals were already tool-less and drop in place. There are two bolts at the back that act as my personal set point and then 4 x 8mm knobs hold the flight pedals down.
View attachment 317580
Hey I just stumbled upon your thread here concerning these quick releases I had a few questions I didn't want this to get to lengthy is it possible that maybe I could give you a call via discord or something like that to ask you how it went I just ordered some quick releases very similar to yours and saw that you were thinking about getting some 30 mm it's been some time and I wanted to kind of pick your brain and see how it went for you I plan to do a similar project this coming week if you want me to PM you just let me know

Upvote 0
Hey I just stumbled upon your thread here concerning these quick releases I had a few questions I didn't want this to get to lengthy is it possible that maybe I could give you a call via discord or something like that to ask you how it went I just ordered some quick releases very similar to yours and saw that you were thinking about getting some 30 mm it's been some time and I wanted to kind of pick your brain and see how it went for you I plan to do a similar project this coming week if you want me to PM you just let me know

I put together something that may help. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions. I have a couple other rig fastener related videos on that channel that I basically let die. Not sure when I'll be on discord this weekend. Likely in the very early AM 5-6am or so.

I've done slicker quick releases since then.

And these.
CM2QR_Mount_8588.jpg
CM2QR_8590.jpg
CM2QR_8589.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks