Quick race - is it possible to separately set AI strength and level of driving aids?

Hi!

If I understand correctly, when I select a quick race, it's impossible to separately set the strength of the AI opponents and the level of driving aids: if you raise the difficulty level, you have faster AI and less helpers, if you lower the difficulty level, you have slower AI and more helpers.

My goal is to have all driving aids turned off – as in "pro" difficulty mode, – but at the same time have the AI drive slower than in that "pro" difficulty mode.

Is there exist any mod/tweak/launcher which would allow me to do this?
Basically, I'm looking for something I have in Assetto Corsa and Live For Speed where I can separately pick the difficulty of driving and the level of AI.

Hi
Yes but you have to adjust these things in the .plr file manually.

In the game folder open UserData/YourUserName/YourUserName.PLR

Open the file using Notepad

All the Aids/Helpers and the AI difficulty are listed there. There is a lot of other stuff too, so be ready for a learning curve. Feel free to ask more questions.

Once you have adjusted the file, Save it, and then don't adjust anything in the game or it will change things back.

Last edited:
You can also tweak AI speed at individual tracks via the AIW file:
"WorstAdjust=(.8)
MidAdjust=(1)
BestAdjust=(1.2)"

If you're running around 100% AI strength use midAdjust, the setting is roughly percentage of default track speed the AI will use, so 1.000 is 100%, 0.900 is 90%, 1.100 is 110%. Worst is for around 75% AI, Best for 120+.

Note that if you've started a challenge the values are stored in your challenge file and will not reflect any further changes, so it's best to run a few single events and tweak the AI to your satisfaction before starting a challenge.

Thanks, guys!

An interesting obvervations (for the v1.1.0.0, Steam version):

The following settings in the <username>.PLR get reset to their default values when a Quick Race with the "Pro" settings starts:
  • AI Driver Strength values of "75" and "85" which I tried are reset to "100".
  • AI Driver Strength Boost value of "0.5" which I tried gets reset to "0".
In other words, it appears that it's impossible to globally control these settings: the game overrides them in the Quick Race mode at least.

What worked, though, are these settings in the ".AIW" file of a track (I tweaked my favorite Spa Francochamps):
  • MidAdjust set to "(0.7500)" instead of the default "(1.0000)".
  • RaceRatio set to "(0.7500)" instead of the default "(1.0500)".
I have yet to experiment with these settings as I'm not yet sure which of these two affected the AI, but at least it got me what I wanted–if in a bit weird way :)

Last edited:
These various adjustments interact, and are why at some tracks you qualify well but at the start of a race the AI leave you in the dust, or vice versa. But it is simple, though time consuming, to balance this out and have consistent AI.

To properly set the ratio parameters (raceratio, qualratio), set ingame AI to 100%, midadjust (or whichever you use) to 1.000, and both ratios to 1.000. Now practice at that track til you've a good idea of your lap times, set midadjust to the value which has the AI running similar lap times (or wherever you want them relative to you). Now run some qualifying sessions and adjust qualratio so the AI qualify where you want, then run some test races and adjust raceratio so the AI lap times in the race are what you want. You can now use midadjust again to set AI performance and their qual times and race times will track accordingly.

And once each track is adjusted you can use the in-game AI strength to globally affect all tracks simultaneously.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back