Queensland Raceway

Tracks Queensland Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jarqus submitted a new resource:

Queensland Raceway - Queensland Raceway "The Paperclip" - National Circuit

queenslandracewayslog4ljqa.png

First attempt at creating a track, so please go easy ;-p
Productive criticism welcomed.

I was itching for Repa24 to do his, but sadly don't think that's going to happen. So I took a crack.

ABOUT THE TRACK:

Queensland Raceway nicknamed "the paperclip" is a motor racing circuit located at...

Read more about this resource...

Jarqus updated Queensland Raceway with a new update entry:

Additional Layouts - Updated textures - Bumps - cameras

Queensland Raceway v0.7

• Updated Textures around the track
  • Added/fixed bumps through turn 1
  • Fixed some infield terrain issues
  • Added/fixed track cameras
  • Added additional layout
    • National
    • Sportsman
    • Clubman
    • Sprint
  • adjusted sand traps, not to be so boggy
  • adjusted grass grip to be not as slippery
TODO

• Outside track objects/spectators
  • Blending of road sides/sand traps
  • Pit area buildings

Read the rest of this update entry...

My local track, I love it mate. The only suggestion I have is to maybe throw in some 150 ~ 100 ~ 50 meter boards to help with braking, other than that it is a blast, especially in VR.

For your first effort it kicks ass.

My local track, I love it mate. The only suggestion I have is to maybe throw in some 150 ~ 100 ~ 50 meter boards to help with braking, other than that it is a blast, especially in VR.

For your first effort it kicks ass.

Hi mate, though I tried to get things as close as possible. I know some things ain't correct, im sure Thats where they are on the track. But I'll double check.

Great track. It would be great if when you do the replay cameras you could do some
close trackside cameras for VR , as far away cameras just look blurred. Many thanks.

Very nice work indeed! I'm getting sharp FFB spikes or jolts through my wheel (CSWv2.5) at a few points around the track, eg on the left hand side near the end of the start/finish straight. Anyone else getting these? Just wondering if there are some parts of the track that need some sharp folds smoothing out?

Very nice work indeed! I'm getting sharp FFB spikes or jolts through my wheel (CSWv2.5) at a few points around the track, eg on the left hand side near the end of the start/finish straight. Anyone else getting these? Just wondering if there are some parts of the track that need some sharp folds smoothing out?

Hi Mate, will have a look. What your talking about is at the start of the pit exit on the track near the cone?

I'll ask a few guys I race with as they have the same wheel and I'll get there feed back.

Thanks

Hi Mate, will have a look. What your talking about is at the start of the pit exit on the track near the cone?

I'll ask a few guys I race with as they have the same wheel and I'll get there feed back.

Thanks
Thanks. I'll try to go back and note exactly where I felt these spikes, but might not have a chance until the weekend.

Jarqus updated Queensland Raceway with a new update entry:

QR v1.1 bug fixes

v1.1 fixes include

Good place to start is around ~96/97% track grip
  • bumps in Turns 1,2 and 3 modified
    • Turn 1 had overlaping of track causing erratic behavior
    • Turn 2 reduced, (checked against official content handles it well)
    • Turn 3 bump in braking are reduced/removed
  • Grip levels modified
  • Pit surface smoothed
  • LOD issues fixed (hopefully)
  • Turn 4 kerb fixed
  • Terrain damping reduced/removed
  • Random terrain transparent object removed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

FPS drops to about 30 (from 60) on the central part of the track here (first straight after the start). I'm running triple monitors, which might make it worse? In cars with a rear view mirror, the FPS drop also happens on the last small straight before the main straight, otherwise only on the first small straight in the infield.

Can it be fixed by merging more objects?

Edit1: Seems I'm running an older version, will test that as well now ;)

Edit2: same with current version

Last edited:
FPS drops to about 30 (from 60) on the central part of the track here (first straight after the start). I'm running triple monitors, which might make it worse? In cars with a rear view mirror, the FPS drop also happens on the last small straight before the main straight, otherwise only on the first small straight in the infield.

Can it be fixed by merging more objects?

Edit1: Seems I'm running an older version, will test that as well now ;)

Edit2: same with current version
Hey, Sorry havent been on here for a long time. I'll redownload the track and have a look. Last time I drove and many others had no issue. I also run triples

Most objects are merged

Last edited:
Works well for me CSP, SOL/Pure. AC same car/tyres, the steering inputs and lap times are very similar between sim and reality:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%