Q: Asymmetrical spring settings and brake balance

Hi guys,

I have two questions about the setup in ACC:

1) Asymmetrical spring settings: can that make sense? Background: Depending on the car and the track, there is different tire wear or force on the axle. This can be compensated for by adjusting the springs accordingly (e.g. setting the springs softer on hot tires and vice versa).
I floated this suggestion in my small community and was mocked for it, but I was never given a real reason why it's wrong. The result, however, was that even after an hour I had an almost perfectly balanced tire profile (i.e. the left tires had the same tread depth and the right tires had the same tread depth; but please don't get me wrong: not all four tires had the same value!; only the left and right sides were balanced.)

2) Brake balance: How do you set this? According to feeling, how do you like it best? Or are you trying to get the brake pads to roughly the same value/depth (brake ducts play a massive role here)?

Different: I have the general feeling that people in ACC doesn't pay much attention to tire wear. Unlike in F1 or other racing games. Even in Gran Turismo people care more about it (my impression).

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 4 33.3%