Public Beta 1.0.7 is out, go get it and try.

Thanks @After_Midnight, that's what I thought, and I've tried to do that but could not figure out how to do that in VR.

It's set automatically to the next driver on the list, you might have accidentally changed it. It's on the pit menu, third or fourth from last item on the list.

I don't think that happened as the name did not change, maybe there's an option somewhere to have it automatically set to the next driver?

Thanks @After_Midnight, that's what I thought, and I've tried to do that but could not figure out how to do that in VR. I don't think that happened as the name did not change, maybe there's an option somewhere to have it automatically set to the next driver?
Looking at the screens, it seems to have changed with the implementation of 1.07, glad you guys point this out, pitstop coming up in twenty minutes when I fire up my saved 3h game in just a moment. Will now know what to do.

Reactions: mms
lol, caught out by own dreams: finally able to save mid-game i jump into my first saved game yesterday, 3h at Paul Ricard in the Bentley of Soucek and Co. Within my first lap after re-entry I was out with a broken rear axle, lol. It is soooo difficult to get back into the flow. I realize it is not the AI who are superfast the first three laps but me taking so long to "get into" the game, Took me about as long (after starting the saved game over again) to get back into a rhythm. With tires giving out after 45 min I then had a couple of little offs which gave me a drive through. The pit at 1h worked nicely because you guys had prepared me for the new driver change mode, which doesn't make much sense (it's the manager not the driver who's calling the shots, isn't it, and it stays the same "Driver/Player" just with a new name attached, but never mind …). I now have to decide whether I really want to go on running a race for 2h already a lap down in second to last, mmmh.

Reactions: mms
Personally I did it that way .... manually ( the rather easy way )
Take your favourite TrackIR preset for AC for example....
- select Yaw ... click Invert
- select Pitch ... click Invert
Try 1st without saving .... and if it works save.

No problem, that worked for me at 1st try and I didn't have to touch at any other settings as they were already OK starting from my favorite one. ;)

NB: else I think you need to load the new installed ACC profile .... but I don't know if you won't have to redo your settings from nul.?

EDIT Ooppps ... and be sure you're on the right view in ACC ... pure cockpit view and not the dash one.

Running the 1.0.7 beta, loving the tire model. Today, I went for a drive at the 3 hours of Silverstone. Running for the full 3 hours. Did my pitstops, had some rain on the way, had a puncture, so I've made 5 stops in total. Cycled through the drivers, tires, fuel.

After the race, DQ. After my last pitstop with driver stop, the 'Mandatory Pit' box was stuck on '1/2'.

While I'm typing this, I see that the whole grid is being DQ'ed for not doing their mandatory pits. It this a bug I've missed?

TrackIR is a welcome addition, though the values are inverted in game. I just inverted all of the controls in TrackIR and it worked much better. The X, Y and Z values tend to pitch the body of the driver out and into the car depending on how much you move. It's a weird sensation. So I just disabled X, Y and Z movements and it's much easier to use. I didn't feel like troubleshooting X, Y and Z movements but I suspect if I reduce those values and limit them, I should be good to go.

The visual field adjustments are AWESOME. So glad I can very easily move the player's head to where I need it. I ended up moving it quite a bit back, slightly left and up (since I'm tall). Once I changed from the Lambo to the Porsche, the view needed to be moved backward again, but I just left it. I don't know if those view settings are "per car" or universal, but if they could be per car make/model, that might be nice. Or if you could save versions similar to the overall settings, that would be good.

21x9 4k with TrackIR is better than VR (never tried VR though). Sooooooo nice to be able to see where I'm going now.

Well i was in the 24H of Spa (9 hours) and i got DQ'd (i think) with 15 minutes to go while i was ahead by 3 laps because of what im pretty sure is the driver time; even though the total time remaining for the drivers didn't add up to the time left in the race. I, along with 10 other AI drivers, got teleported to the pits randomly at the same time and the cars were just stuck there as we watched some others go around the track normally.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.