PS5 Sim racing?

Hi, I'd like to get a decent wheel, pedals, seat and frame for PS5 gaming, can anyone pass on their recommendations. I'm looking at spending £1000 all in ideally, new/second hand gear. Games would be F1 2021 and GT7 mainly and/or ACC/Project Cars 4. I had preordered the Fanatec DD Pro, but cancelled the order as they're not shipping until March and the really plasticky wheel puts me off it, plus the extra cost for the larger power supply for the extra 3Nm. Any other suggestions, I know finding equipment to work on the PS5 may limit my options.

Last edited:
Honestly for wheelbase, pedals, seat and frame at 1000 euro, you're really not leaving much room for anything.
The PS5 compatible wheelbases are:
G29, G923
T300RS, T150, T248, T-GT/T-GT 2
Fanatec CSL Elite+, Fanatec GT DD Pro, Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1

The Logitech G series is entry level, very basic FFB and is not really a good longterm wheelbase.
If you don't like the plastic wheel on the Fanatec GT DD Pro, you will hate the wheels on the TM setups (T-GT, T248 etc).
The DD Pro is better than the CSL Elite +.
You cannot afford the Podium Racing Wheel F1 unless you meet someone really generous who sells it to you for 600 euro, and you'd have 400 to spend on a wheel, pedals and cockpit.

If I were in your position:
Try to find a used CSL Elite +, but don't spend more than 250 euro on it

Buy the DD Pro, use the plastic wheel for now (I think you're overreacting on the quality and need to listen less to people on Reddit/FB and consider the value for the price) and upgrade to a McLaren GT3 or Universal Hub wheel later.

Thanks Ted,
Looks like I’ll have to up my budget a little. I’ll see if I can get an F1 Podium and pedals for a reasonable amount. Will save me upgrading later on I suppose.

Thanks Ted,
Looks like I’ll have to up my budget a little. I’ll see if I can get an F1 Podium and pedals for a reasonable amount. Will save me upgrading later on I suppose.
It's an awesome setup to be honest.
And it comes with a pretty amazing wheel out of the box.
I highly recommend the CSL pedals and not the CS V3. The CS V3 can't be placed horizontally in a custom setup unless you modify them with spacers and they're very old. The CSL pedals don't have rumble motors, but they're newer, also have hall sensors and much better for the money.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back