PS4 yes or no

If you had the money, would you get a PS4. I know some people are strict pc gamers and I've come from console about a year ago but whatever your pc specs, If you could afford it would you invest in a PS4.

Cheers

At the moment i don't care much for a PS4, too busy with pc (racing) games, and i can't stand playing video games like first person shooters on a console. Maybe i'll get one in a year if the games are good.

Depends if you want to play games properly, it still amazes me that the latest Gen Consoles still don't allow the use of Mouse & Keyboard for controlling games, a Gamepad doesn't even come close to a Mouse\Keyboard in FPS\RTS and many other games. IMO Consoles are fine for the likes of Mario Kart, FIFA, PES, Donkey Kong but FPS\Racing etc should be left to real gaming machines ;)

Other reasons I wouldn't buy either PS4 or XB1 now is lack of content, but if you really must get a Console I would wait till Q4, by then they will have gone through one or two revisions and had several bug fixes.

Having said all that, I was going to rebuild my rig (i7-950, GTX580) this year but I'm not sure I can warrant the cost as I don't believe PC gaming will be around for much longer, I could buy both Consoles for what I would spend on this rig.

Last edited:
but I'm not sure I can warrant the cost as I don't believe PC gaming will be around for much longer, I could buy both Consoles for what I would spend on this rig.

Whut? :O_o: PC Gaming actually has been on a rise again since like 2 years, especially due to the free to play games these days that are really worth playing like Planetside 2, War Thunder, Mechwarrior Online, World Of Tanks, RaceRoom Racing Experience (even though its mostly pay to play in my view), and the game that gave the boost to PC gaming was Minecraft!

Reading around just now opinion does appear to be divided on the future of PC Gaming. I could do with the PC Gaming industry lasting for a least another cycle as I have money "invested" in pCars, rF2, Assetto Corsa and R3E.

Long time since I played WoT and Planetside2 (out on PS4 this year), will have to take a look at WT & MWO.

There may well be an increase in "PC Gaming" but that is probably due in no small part to Steam spewing out tonnes of crappy Indie games like Minecraft and shed loads of back catalogue stuff for a couple of quid each, the vast majority of which will run fine on the Sub £300 Laptops people buy expecting to be able to play BF4 :rolleyes:

I'm a Pc gamer for the most part but i've also owned the ps1, 2 and 3... I'll deffo be picking up a ps4 over the next few months but right now i'm not bothered about it,,, not enough titles out for it right now to push me to buy it.

Watchdogs and/or GTA5 would probably sway me :D

If I could afford it I would buy every toy in the universe but I suppose that is not what you mean :).

As for consoles I have no itch for any of them yet. There need to be games released for them I am really interested in and non obtainium on other platforms.

If I would get one today it would be the PS 4 though but it would be collecting dusts since there is no titles I am interested in that isn´t available on PC.

Watch dogs will come on PC and GTA 5 also if you wait long enough ;).

No.

If I would get any console, it would be a Wii U. Nintendo produces great games, and they're the type of games that I wouldn't be able to enjoy as much (or more) on a PC. The other two consoles don't have that, so I personally don't see the point in having them.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%