Proper wet weather / wet lines implementation

As far as I know, no sim has managed to create proper wet track grip levels based on how it would be in real life. There is a rubbered dry racing line, and even if the rubber washes off, the asphalt on the dry line has had the edges smoothed off (unless the track has recently been re-surfaced). The best grip is always off line and apexes generally need to be avoided to set good times. A "grip" map must exist for rubbered dry grip, this should be applied for wet tracks, it could also dynamically change as rubber washes off over time (but still the dry racing line may be slower).

Having to feel for the grip in the wet. crossing the glassy rubbered line. There should also be training / tutorials teaching players to get the best out of their wet lines. It should simulate real life, however there could be an easy mode that can be turned on so it is closer to current sims that dont punish you for being on the dry racing line.

If they do include rain, this is a must! And would be innovative. I feel like the Madness Engine Live Track has the capability to simulate this, but I don't know if Reiza or SMS have actually done it.

I personally wouldn't have the "easy mode", because people can just run on a dry track!

Ideally, the ideal wet line (given the state of the track) would be run by the AI too. Would need to algorithmically modify the normal fast AI line based on the grip levels on track – which would be a challenge and a time-sink for the devs to implement, but should theoretically be feasible.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back