prompt for "Like" a post now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until recently you just click "like" on a post and that was added at the bottom and you moved on. Now click "Like" and the page is replaced with a full page:
"Confirm action
Are you sure you want to apply this reaction?"
(I will not mention the reaction I want to apply when this appears.)

Is there really a problem here with people clicking "like" when they didn't mean it?
This is an unnecessary waste of time and bandwidth.

Consistent and repeatable. Click "like" anywhere anytime and it opens a new page with that prompt.

Also noted this afternoon I can no longer attach images to a post. The "attach files" button now opens a new tab with an upload dialog; I can navigate to the file and upload it, which produces a thumbnail and a notice I can now close that tab and return to my post .... which accomplishes nothing, I'm back where I started. Experimentation found I can left click the thumbnail to open the full image, right click that and copy the url, paste that into my post and get the thumbnail there, along with a greyed out "loading" notice which runs and runs and runs until I cancel the post.

Firefox, no recent updates, all was working normally til a couple of days ago. I would offer screenshots ....but I can't attach them, lol.

Posted this via Brave browser (once an ardent supporter, I quit using it when their nanny attitudes and draconian policies became too restrictive ...but it allowed this post, lol)

racedept.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot was taken in Firefox, then cropped for file size; merely uploaded via Brave.

Yes, I use UBlock, in both browsers. Few people watch commercials on TV, they channel surf, go get a snack, or retire to the smallest room in the house to do that which must be done. The only difference is the TV station can't tell who is doing that (my opinion is the internet should be the same - when you visit a site they should know nothing more than they got a hit at that time).

Fine, use ublock and upgrade to premium if you wish to support the site with it's costs and receive support at the same time.

Can't be on a free ride, hiding essential parts of this site to function, then complain about stuff being broken and expect us to have two admins on the job trying to fix what isn't even broken.

Sorry I don't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play