PC2 project help?

Really want to love this game because it has so much variety; many cars and tracks. However, I just do not understand it! The braking on this game is baffling, your either not braking enough or too much! I messed around with the sensitivity and brake balance still no success (I have HE pro pedals).

Same goes with the grip levels, your either glued to the track or bam your suddenly off the track there is no in-between and no warnings. The only time the game is working is when I am in straight line! LOL.

These two major complications have led to me being almost 10 seconds off the pace at Spa compared to Iracing / Rfactor / AC. With GT3 cars in AC and iRacing I do 2:17, in Rfactor I do 2:18s. But the best I could get in PC2 was a 2:25.......

Any die hard fans care to explain how the grip levels and braking work on the title because I can not get the hang of it

I don't have HE pedals, but I do have Protosimtech pedals which are a little better than the normal stuff. I use 35 for sensitivity. However, I would say that there is more to what's going on than just braking to make up that amount of time. I wouldn't necessarily compare it to other titles, but more to what others are running within the same title.

Can you post up a video of a lap?

What wheel are you using? FFB settings/mode?

Custom setup?

I don't have HE pedals, but I do have Protosimtech pedals which are a little better than the normal stuff. I use 35 for sensitivity. However, I would say that there is more to what's going on than just braking to make up that amount of time. I wouldn't necessarily compare it to other titles, but more to what others are running within the same title.

Can you post up a video of a lap?

What wheel are you using? FFB settings/mode?

Custom setup?

Hi, I am utilising the OSW and raw ffb settings, forgot what exactly I done with the settings but I followed a guide for it. I'll post a lap replay tomorrow or the day after hopefully :)

Default set up - Apart from the last corner mistake that is what I usually do on this game
(Would of been a 2:24)

I will take a look at the video, but you aren't going to get 2:18 or lower on the default setup. There are some leaderboard times logged with default setups faster, but those are on much older patch versions (i.e. no way they could do that with the current tires). There is one time on the leaderboards that is recent at 2:19.520 but there aren't many. In short, while it may be possible, it's not likely with the default setup to post times that quick.

I will take a look at the video, but you aren't going to get 2:18 or lower on the default setup. There are some leaderboard times logged with default setups faster, but those are on much older patch versions (i.e. no way they could do that with the current tires). There is one time on the leaderboards that is recent at 2:19.520 but there aren't many. In short, while it may be possible, it's not likely with the default setup to post times that quick.
There is a recent 2:16.5 on the leaderboard with default setup: https://pcars.13ms.de/#/laps/119437

Ill have a go, what about my driving style? Anything needs changing? Iracing and AC taught me to be smooth but not sure if it works on this title, I see many youtube videos of PC2 where the fast guys seem to be so aggressive

Your driving looks good for the most part. There are some areas where if you slow up a bit on corner entry, you can get on the gas sooner for corner exit. However, those are minor tweaks that will eek out a little bit over a lap but nothing major that would completely change your lap.

The guys who typically go for the super pole laps are generally very aggressive on braking and downshifting which allows them to chuck the car into the corners. It's great for a fast lap, but will heat up the tires over a longer session (also creates more room for error).

The number one thing on the setup that will hold you back on a track like Spa is the wings.

You can't compare times to those in other games as we have no idea what the grip levels of the tracks are in relation to one another, different conditions, different states of how rubbered in the track is. I'm actually suspicious when games all do the same times, real cars in different conditions don't do the same times, why should sims be different?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%