Project D H-Shifter super quick review...

Been using the Thrustmaster TH8a shifter for many years. While functional and durable, it always just felt wrong (too toyish). So, I tried the 3drap add-on and that lasted for about 2 hours. Then I went in search of a replacement for the whole H Shifter. I found this one on Banggood:

I also watched the following review:

I ordered it about a week ago and it just arrived. I pulled TH8a off my rig and replaced it with the Project D shifter. Spent last two hours trying it in Automobilista 2 and Grid (2019). So far, I will simply say it is miles ahead of the Thrustmaster Th8a as well as the TH8a plus 3drap mod (which I do NOT recommend). The shifting feels remarkably good. I cannot yet speak to its durability but I will follow up in a couple weeks. Meantime, if you are looking for an h-shifter for your rig, this one definitely deserves a look at $109.00.

Addendum: I have also used the new h-shifter with FH5 and Dirt Rally 2.0. So far, so good....

Last edited:
I'm using the same model but from Ali express.
Its a bargain for what it gives!!!

Very happy with it, using it since nearly half a year. Holds up well and feels great!

.... A bit loud though, but I'm using a headset, so I don't care...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.