PC1 Project Cars Gameplay comparable to Assetto Corsa?

To those who have tried Project CARS, are the physics similar, better or worse than Assetto Corsa's? Because I saw some in-game videos for Project CARS, the physics don't seem as real as in the trailer. Thanks! :D

Sure features are missing, but you can have a good and bugfree experience having a full race. That's what I meant, I didn't mean that AC or other sims have all the feature good and running.

here is what real ADAC Bentley racer thinks about pCars ...

Translation/sumary (credits to Markus Ott):

First lap
At first he says some words about the setup. As he doesnt have much time he took a setup from the forums. He points out that tire pressure seems to be very high compared to real life, and the camber is too low, almost none.
Graphically it's delicious, the MoTeC isn't 1:1 compared to real life.
Although the tires seem to be at working temperature very fast he feels the grip isn't there yet on the outlap.
The video is on his second time ever driving Project CARS and that's why he for sure isn't he fastet.
As a real life driver he misses the feedback from real life, especially the brakes.
He drives with ABS as in real life, he misses more options though, pCARS only features on and off. He also thinks that TC seems to be on a low value as he could spin the car.

second lap
pushing and telling how to attack and drive at Spa, nothing special for sim racers. Just that you can take many of the curbs at real Spa. He misses some feedback tho.
Not even top simulators can reproduce reality, but pCARS is fun. The car is a bit oversteery while in real life it is more the other way round.
He is looking for a fun drive, not only for realism where the cars are too hard to drive, he has fun pushing the cars to the limits in pCARS.

third lap
He misses many of the real and good visible brake boards on the track side which makes consistent braking a bit hard, so you have to look for alternatives as a reference.
In reality he feels the TC working out of first gear corners, bus stop the real car tries to brake lose very often while he barely feels that in pCARS.

fourth lap
again more telling about how to drive and not about the realism.

fifth lap
same as fourth

sixth lap
pointing out that he drives the same lap times almost all the time. consinstently too slow :)

Don’t you ever think about that they’re perhaps getting paid to say things like this? :D

You are probably right, as well as WMD players that populat PCARS forum...for them the game is perfect and has no flaws (€€€€€)....

Don’t get me wrong, I'm amazed at pcars and especially how it looks and most likely I will even buy it, because I just have to play every (semi) serious racing game out there. :) But there are some vids on youtube where either people say that physics are not 100% topnotch or where you just can see that the griplevel is insane. So…I’m just curious how it will be when it’s finally there.

And regarding the pros and their connection to pcars: I’m always skeptical when professional sport stars praise a game in which they’re involved in to the skies…

Amazes me that you say this about the grip in PCARS, and then i see most PCARS fans bashing FM6 for it´s supposed lack of grip. Which game got it right?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.