PC2 Project CARS 2 'Porsche Legends Pack' DLC Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC confirmed.jpg
In time for the 70th anniversary of the fabled Porsche brand, Slightly Mad Studios have announced a nine car Porsche DLC for Project CARS 2 coming this March.

According to the recently revealed press release, the Project CARS 2 'Porsche Legends' DLC will contain no less than nine new Porsche models of which the beautiful 1972 issue Porsche 917/10 and 2017 911 RSR have already been confirmed as part of the upcoming DLC offering.

As well as the new car models due to be deployed to the simulation, SMS have also confirmed an as yet unnamed circuit will also form part of the upcoming DLC pack. Keeping cards close to the chest for the time being, the only clue issued as to the identity of the new track is that it will be FIA Certified and "intimately associated" with the iconic German marque. Interesting..

Further details on what the 'Porsche Legends' DLC will contain, or pricing structures for the new pack have yet to be revealed. Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes known...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the Porsche Legends DLC? What cars would you like to see included? Any ideas what the mystery circuit could be? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ah sound... a classic scapegoat.
16x16_smiley-wink.gif

When you got nothing else to complain about ...blame it on sound.
Works every time.
Just wait until someone mention it first (and someone will always do) then join the party.
Unrealistic sound will always be just a personal opinion.
Disagrees
, c'mon now... bring it on. :geek:
I don't know if you're trolling or not, but the sound of the Porsche 911 in the demo video is awful, and bears no relationship to any Porsche ever made. I have driven several different Porsches over my 45 year driving career, aircooled and watercooled, and none of them sounded even remotely like the Porsche in the video. A part of the Porsche fastination is the unique sound they make, If you've heard it once, you never forget it, the chainsaw boxer six :cool:

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but the sound of the Porsche 911 in the demo video is awful, and bears no relationship to any Porsche ever made. I have driven several different Porsches over my 45 year driving career, aircooled and watercooled, and none of them sounded even remotely like the Porsche in the video. A part of the Porsche fastination is the unique sound they make, If you've heard it once, you never forget it, the chainsaw boxer six :cool:
Ok, if you say so. We'll fix it then...
We have enough Porsches already in PC2 and AC...
That's true too.

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Ok.
Sorry then... didn't realize you own one.
Most people don't know that, I don't blame you :)

But there is also this newfangled invention, called a "television". It's basically a stereopticon, but with moving pictures, and it also has sound! Amazing, I know. If you don't know what I'm referring to, think of it as a Laterna magica, combined with a phonograph. And in this so-called "television" you can see and hear all sorts of things, like for example, race cars, like a 2017 Porsche RSR. An advanced form of the "television" would be online video, like Youtube.

Another thing that you may not know - depending on where you're from - is, that here in the free world, where people are allowed to move around and travel relatively freely, you can pay a moderate amount of money and go to the locations those cars drive around, and for a considerate amount of money you're sometimes even allowed in the pit stalls right next to those vehicles. There you can not only see, but also hear them.

You can then take the sounds from all of these sources and compare them to whatever the sounds in this video is and see how accurate it is.

wombat999

Premium
I should preface these comments by stating that I work with three other 'Olde Phartes' like myself rebuilding mostly Porsche 'Insurance Company Write-offs' and buying the odd orphan Porsche.
It's a rewarding stealth business that funds our addictions for fast bikes and assorted Porsche's!

Sound is subjective at best, the in-car effect is muffled if one is wearing a helmet, externally it is affected by wind, distance, weather and how the stars line up.
SMS have got the sound right for the 956/962 series, externally they sound odd because you literally have 3 cylinders firing per side and track-side IRL they sound unique.
The video of the RSR sounds very ordinary, not harsh enough for starters and too pitchy compared to the noise at Bathurst (I was there!) last weekend.
I'd adopt a wait and see attitude, particularly after driving our newest 'old' Porsche (nothing as second hand as an obsolete Race Car!).
Ideal Targa Tasmania candidate.
The $90K Cup Car.jpg

As for the DLC, love the 908/3 and 911RSR, not enthused about the 917/10, better to have a 917/L to go with the 917K, 959S is a good choice as a road car but the Carrera GT sucks.
The current generation GT is not a model that I warm to but I guess it's inevitable, as is 'Moby Dick'.
I (just me, myself) would really like a 356 Carrera 'lightweight' and 718RSK, both classic Porsche's and both largely overlooked in race sims.
A final point regarding sound, driving a rear engined road car in standard trim is a fairly quiet experience, and as mentioned above, a competition Porsche driven on the track generates considerable 'sound' via the running gear and road noise, in my experience the drive train contributes more than the exhaust note INSIDE THE CAR.
:ninja:

Last edited:
That is NOT understeering. The guy who drove it in the video has just no clue how to drive a race car... turning like crazy on the wheel in the corners... wtf??
Sound is actually really not very exciting on the RSR - but let's wait until it's released. Overall Pcars2 sound is quite okay.

Tried it out and now cars are see throuthr in the rain it's happening on all the tracks i tried spa, rumpana and oulton park.

I believe you posted in the wrong thread mate...this is the Porsche DLC thread that has yet to be released :)
As for the issue, your having I'm 99.9% the issue is on your end as I just tried all the tracks you mentioned in VR and on a 4k monitor and had zero issues...nor have I read any reports elsewhere about this rain issue?
Try doing an integrity check in steam/properties

I believe you posted in the wrong thread mate...this is the Porsche DLC thread that has yet to be released :)
As for the issue, your having I'm 99.9% the issue is on your end as I just tried all the tracks you mentioned in VR and on a 4k monitor and had zero issues...nor have I read any reports elsewhere about this rain issue?
Try doing an integrity check in steam/properties
Oops, will do thanks!

I am a big fan of sound in my sims. I want the cars to sound good enough that I get excited listening to them. Yet, if I recall correctly, the sound of the 2017 RSR was quite mundane prior to the exhaust change just before last years Le Mans, at which time Porsche made the engine scream.

While I do not have the experience behind the wheel of a Porsche as, say, Wombat, I have to agree that sounds are different depending upon where you are in relation to the car, weather, etc...

When at Long Beach last year for the IMSA race (RSR in attendance and racing, along with the other Porsche's in the GTD class), the only cars I was able to pick out of the panopoly of sounds were the Corvette, the Ford GT and the Lexus (another V8).

Perhaps SMS used the sounds from the RSR prior to the exhaust update?

In any case, as a Porsche fan I look forward to this update.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000