PC2 Project Brakes

It's been a while since I played Project Cars II and that's a shame because it is a game I like very much. What I like most in a racing game is that you can start it up, and choose any track, any car, and start whatever kind of race you want, long short, rainy, dry, dark, sunny, same classes, different classes ... That's just how I like these games. So, not a fan of "career mode" or games where you have to start off the first 3 hours driving a Toyota Corolla on mediocre tracks where you have zero control over anything. And, having such a car, very likely ending up last anyway.

But, there's also this one issue that comes back when playing PC2 : the brake problem !
Shortly said: the brake doesn't work.
The throttle is actually also stuck, it only decreases if you press the brake. But, the brakes on itself do not actually brake.
I had this problem before and the solution was to use the Logitech Profiler.
Now, before I install this, what I'm wondering is : can I just not do without ?

I have a Logitech G27, and I think it's the most commonly used wheel (on PC), or, it won't be far off other wheels. PC2 has got presets for this wheel (obviously). But it still doesn't work. I'm also wondering if something is wrong elsewhere : the wheel & pedals itself ? Driver software ? Or Windows ?

The pedals work ... I use them in other racing games ... and none have this issue.
So, what's the best solution here ?

I tried setting it to separate but that doesn't change the behaviour.
Another symptom is that it also occurs the loud pedal isn't working. So, basically, none of the pedals is working (as the clutch is not setup for use currently).

Good news is that a solution to this problem does exist. I needed some time to recall this thing (because it has been some years ago and also a Windows re-install ago); there is a tool called Logitech Profiler (which comes as "Logitech Gaming Software"), and when you run it the same time as PC2, the pedals work correctly. Otherwise, one or more pedals doesn't work, you can't calibrate them, they just don't work.
Apparently Microsoft has caused this behaviour, and not last year even :

Logitech released a copy of "Logitech Gaming Software" in 30/MAR/2010, which
even supports Windows XP but also Windows 10.

That is 14 years ago.

So, this is not a driver, because my wheel works fine for other games, but it is ... a fix.

We can ask many questions, but I'm not going to.
Now what I'm trying to do is to find the exact behaviour: do I need to start LGS before starting PC2 ? Or after ?
Do I need to launch PC2 with LGS ? ( Not mentioned yet, but the application allows to start the game from within this very application itself ! So, need to figure out if that is really necessary.)

Good thing is: I've never been more happy with my pedals actually working ! You know, we take many things for granted, but ..

Ah, and I also found that LGS allows for key mapping, ... to the pedal set.
What on earth ... ? Well, I also play FPS games, and some have so many keys configured, that it is nice that you can remap ANY key to the gas pedal, or to the brake pedal. But not to clutch ... don't know why.

So, now, when I want to snipe, I press the gas pedal to zoom in, then hit left mouse button to shoot.

Don't ask.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Logitech Profiler is required if you're using an old Logitech wheel. This is the driver software for the older wheels. If you don't have it installed, your wheel is probably being treated as a generic device, so it might work somehow in other games, but most likely not how it's supposed to.

Usually, the Logitech Profiler is automatically being launched in the background when you start your PC.

Last edited:
IIRC - don't have PC2 installed right now - in the devices settings you can set the wheel type to "legacy" instead of your wheel's name, it may make it work without additional software

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies