Production car - engine tweaking

I'd like to tweak engine of Cadillac CTS-V. I want to downsize power and torque, also change gears. It should be used as a training tool for my mother. Last time she drove a car maybe 20 years ago. I know, it's a bit funny, but at least she won't wreck real car and we also have manual gearbox. It would be good to use even 5th gear for 100kph.

I looked into .eng file but there are weird power/torque values practicaly for every car. What do they mean?

Thanks for some advice.

In the engine, each step of the power curve takes 3 paramters in this order; RPM, Torque when throttle is fully pressed (in Newton-Meters), and torque when throttle is fully released (negative values simulate engine braking/friction/etc. again in Newton-Meters).

The gear ratios are stored in the .grb file I believe. For the production cars, there should only be 6 or so, as these aren't adjustable. In fact, in most of the production cars I've checked out (muscle cars included), the GRB file also has the real gear ratios commented out. In the event that they aren't, the gear ratios in production cars are very easy to find through a quick google search.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.