• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Problems creating skin for Cobra 427 (Kunos)

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by CobraCat, Mar 15, 2019.

1. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +295
    I'm using the supplied CobraBody.psd file and when I apply paint to the Layer1 layer, the car appears black (when viewed in game) regardless of what color I use. I've painted other cars with no issue. Any suggestions ?

2. Kweel

Kweel

Ratings:
    +165
    yeah first think dont use layer 1, paint is always before ao
    2nd dont use black alpha layer lol
    (black alpha means in this case zero transparency)
    edit my mistake the skin use metaldetail.dds so if you want to use it too set a semi transparent alpha

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +295
    Ok cool. Although its strange as every Cobra skin contains a CobraBody.dds file and not a one metaldetail.dds file.

4. Kweel

Kweel

Ratings:
    +165
    euh nothing weird because metaldetail is already on the car, like all other texture

5. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +421
    Most Kunos cars use metal_detail.dds for main body color of the car, with the skin file does decals, stripes, different colors. Kunos do that even with cars that don't have metallic paint or carbon fiber on the main body so the exact same result could be achieved with txDiffuse and all-white alpha. Cobra is originally a mod that was made into official content, maybe that has something to do with it.

OP, did you check alpha channel? Also AO layer needs to be in multiply mode, otherwise layers below will not appear

6. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +295
    Deleting the alpha channel resolved the issue. All I wanted was a variety of solid colors, no decals, etc. Thanx!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.