Problem updating AC mod

Trying to update a mod in the Assetto Corsa Cars section and the site keeps telling me I haven't uploaded the file when I have. Am I missing something or is there a problem? Screenshot below:

Screenshot_2020-04-13 Update resource.png

I haven't seen any sign of issues and I just tested it successfully.
Could have been some kind of transient issue perhaps - can you try again and let us know if it works this time?
In your pic, I can see that the upload filename has a line through it, implying that the upload failed. Did you get an error?

No error. I thought the filename having a line through it implied a failed upload too but I kept getting that when I uploaded the original mod and after retrying it a lot of times I got a bit frustrated, clicked 'Save' just to see what happened and it went through fine, people were able to download it.

The current update seems to get so far and then stall, it's sitting on 100% now but if I click 'Save' a dialog says the file is still uploading and then it either sits there forever or I get the filename with a line though it. I've tried using Google Chrome instead of Firefox but with the same results - I've scanned the file for viruses, Windows Defender is set to allow outbound connections. I'm stumped.

EDIT: Think this might be a connection issue at my end, tried uploading to Dropbox and that failed too. Not sure why, internet works fine otherwise.

Last edited:
The current update seems to get so far and then stall, it's sitting on 100% now but if I click 'Save' a dialog says the file is still uploading and then it either sits there forever or I get the filename with a line though it. I've tried using Google Chrome instead of Firefox but with the same results - I've scanned the file for viruses, Windows Defender is set to allow outbound connections. I'm stumped.

EDIT: Think this might be a connection issue at my end, tried uploading to Dropbox and that failed too. Not sure why, internet works fine otherwise.
Strange. Thanks for the info about Dropbox also having issues. If I get a chance later I'll review our logs for clues but I don't expect to learn much.

Any joy with it since?
I found one error in our logs, but it was a transient problem (the site was very loaded at the time) and seems unrelated to the failures you've been seeing.
Was it a big file you were uploading?

No luck still. The file was just over 30mb. I've contacted my ISP to see if there's anything wrong with my connection but I'm still waiting to hear from them. Did a few tests on Dropbox and it seems like any file larger than about 20mb fails, it gets so far and then stalls. Pretty sure it's a problem at my end, just got to do the hard part now and work out where it is.

EDIT again: Seems fixed now :) Could be coincidence and my ISP has fixed something but I changed my anti-virus software from Sophos to Avast and now the problem is gone.

Last edited:
changed my anti-virus software from Sophos to Avast and now the problem is gone
Yeah, sounds like that might be a factor.

Tbh I haven't looked back since removing all 3rd party AV from my PC. I did it right after discovering that one of them (it was either Avast or Avira, cos I used both around that time and the damn names are too similar :D) had decided to - without my permission - bugger about with my browser certificates to allow it to run a man-in-the-middle attack and intercept my outgoing web emails, ostensibly to check them for malware.
Somehow it took me a while to (a) spot the fact that it was inserting its little "checked for malware by..." signature into every email I sent and (b) realise the implications, given that my email sessions were always on https URLs.
Also, just about every AV package I've ever used seems to feel the need to cripple the PC now and then (hammering CPU, disk, RAM, or all of the above) to convince me that it's working hard. Defender isn't perfect but it's less awful than the others...

I originally changed from Avast to Sophos because I was fed-up with how intrusive Avast was, always heard good things about Sophos but I couldn't find anything in the settings that would suggest it was affecting my uploads. I only thought it was something worth testing because I remember having a similar problem with another AV (Bitdefender) that disappeared as soon as I uninstalled it. Not good when your AV software causes problems remarkably similar to the thing they're supposed to guard against.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events